• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do cry a little at night but then my wife gets tired of it slaps me across the head and tells me to suck it up or she will give me something to really cry about. I live in fear people. :)

This gave me a chuckle... well put sir, well put...

<DGCR drama>
Did anyone notice that all 3 players with the last name of "Smith" in Pro Masters finished in the top ten?

Yeah "Smith" sure ... I can only hope that birth certificates were checked.
</DGCR drama>

It's interesting how sensitive people get when they are under pressure. You wouldn't think someone would care that McBeth went to the restroom when they, themselves, took well over 30 seconds to throw their drives multiple times, including other card mates who took well over a minute to execute shots throughout the weekend.

I wonder how happy JohnE would be if TDs assigned timekeepers to each group and automatically gave warnings and strokes for time infractions during play. My guess is he'd not appreciate it, as he seems to take extra time, himself.

That sort of timekeeping would likely speed up play, however.

<DGCR drama>
Did anyone notice that all 3 players with the last name of "Smith" in Pro Masters finished in the top ten?

Yeah "Smith" sure ... I can only hope that birth certificates were checked.
</DGCR drama>

Oh, no...Smithgate!

:popcorn:

What a bunch of menepausal old women. Well done guys, well done.

I think if johnE wanted a rules check its one thing. But to want to gripe and moan in front of a live camera about someone using a bathroom should be below him. Needing the bathroom is a unavoidable issue. Its not like paul was wandering around the spectators giving pointers, signing autographs and talking to local news personalities.

I didn't know you could get ear hernia. He must be a really good listener to strain it that badly

Its not like paul was wandering around the spectators giving pointers, signing autographs and talking to local news personalities.

OK, I want to play, too.
Does anyone have any actual proof that Paul's delay was actually to use the bathroom? :eek:

I'm kidding, of course.

McBeth's bladder is self-distraction, if you argue yourself as a distraction then the 30 second rule really has no meaning at all. There are a lot of outside distractions at the Memorial which makes that tough to call.

"
A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to
each player to make a throw after

(1) The previous player has thrown; and,

(2) The player has had a reasonable amount of
time to arrive at the disc; and,

(3) The playing area is clear and free of
distractions.
"

I don't think his bladder was in the playing area. In fact, "outside distractions" mean nothing. If it's not in the playing area, it's not holding you up.

Here's how it plays out (speculation that makes the most sense to me, if only the players were mic'ed up..). Paul says "Hey guys, I gotta use the restroom real quick". He runs off. Mccray is like "hey guys, I bet he doesn't get back within his allowed time, we could stroke him" Sexton and Philo look at him and say "Dude, if you had to take a piss right now, we wouldn't stroke you" Since he had nobody on the card to back him up on his courtesy violation call, he goes off on his old man mumble rant.

It wasn't that long ago that mcbeth and McCray were card mates on the final round at usdgc, they seemed very cool with each other back then. To the point they discussed the best lines to take etc.

Did mcbeths comments about Ricky suddenly put them at odds? Just can't imagine his motivation for the bitch like behavior, seemingly out of nowhere...

"
A. A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to
each player to make a throw after

(1) The previous player has thrown; and,

(2) The player has had a reasonable amount of
time to arrive at the disc; and,

(3) The playing area is clear and free of
distractions.
"

I don't think his bladder was in the playing area. In fact, "outside distractions" mean nothing. If it's not in the playing area, it's not holding you up.

The point is that needing to use the bathroom would qualify as a "reasonable amount of time" to arrive at your next lie

It wasn't that long ago that mcbeth and McCray were card mates on the final round at usdgc, they seemed very cool with each other back then. To the point they discussed the best lines to take etc.

Did mcbeths comments about Ricky suddenly put them at odds? Just can't imagine his motivation for the bitch like behavior, seemingly out of nowhere...

It's not really out of nowhere. JohnE went kinda nuts at Ledgestone when it didn't go his way. I've seen him act pretty terrible in person off camera. I don't think it was targeted at Paul exactly, it was just an opportunity to make a scene

Here's how it plays out (speculation that makes the most sense to me, if only the players were mic'ed up..). Paul says "Hey guys, I gotta use the restroom real quick". He runs off. Mccray is like "hey guys, I bet he doesn't get back within his allowed time, we could stroke him" Sexton and Philo look at him and say "Dude, if you had to take a piss right now, we wouldn't stroke you" Since he had nobody on the card to back him up on his courtesy violation call, he goes off on his old man mumble rant.

He doesn't need backup on the courtesy violation, because the first one is a warning not a stroke and needs no second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts