• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - European Masters

discallday

Birdie Member
MPO - I've heard they follow a more even pay distribution in Europe - but I'm not sure if there's anything to that... Pick four players. The order of your selections is not significant. Use first names or initials for any common names.

1st = 9 points
2nd = 6 points
3rd = 5 points
4th = 4 points
5th = 3 points
6th = 2 points
7th = 2 points
8th = 2 points
9th = 2 points
10th = 2 points

"FPO" - Will Catrina Allen (the only lady competing that I know of) compile round ratings whose average is 964 (her rating) or better? For instance, if she averages 964, then she WILL have managed this, and a predictor who chooses "yes" will earn 4 points.

Bonus 1 - How many European players will be in the top 10? = 3 points

Bonus 2 - How many eagles (as in scoring 2 under par on one playing of a hole) will there be during this tournament? This includes aces, but not McMahons unless he scores at least one eagle (I hope this is clear). = 3 points

Bonus 3 - Will McBeth, Wysocki, Nikko, and Nybo all finish in the top 10? = 3 points

Bonus 4 - Pick the winner. = 3 points

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/24341

Enjoy the post-Brexit Europe[an Masters]. I didn't see any Brits on the roster, for some reason...

This posting is a little late - apologies. But they start the tournament EARLY on Thursday (in Sweden, afterall). So I'd recommend getting your picks in before you go to bed on Wednesday!

MPO:

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
Karl Johan Nybo
Nate Sexton

FPO:

Yes she will average 964 or more

Bonus 1 - 3

Bonus 2 - 5

Bonus 3 - Yes

Bonus 4 - Ricky Wysocki

McBeth
Wysocki
Doss
Locastro

yes, Catrina

4 Euros
6 eagles
yes
McBeth

Wysocki
Nybo
McBeth
Koling

FPO - yes Cat
B1 - 2 Euros
B2 - 3 Eagles
B3 - yes
B4 - McBeth

MPO

Paul McBeth
Ricky Wysocki
KJ Nybo
Philo Brathwaite

FPO

Catrina, Yes

Bonus

1) 3
2) 3
3) Yes
4) Paul McBeth

Estonian Open over, Rick takes it.... probably a glitch, but PDGA site says Rick took home $1 with the win. Lol, Not gonna make much of a dent in the old air fare there....

Oh and here's my picks:
Rick the Wysocki bomber @#1!
Devan Owens in second
Philo in third
Paul Ulibarri in fourth...and a tip of the hat to Cat, playing with the men- yet again will not only beat her rating but finish in the top ten! C'mon Cat!(so yes on the FPO)
Two Europeans will make the top ten I reckon.
and I'll say that there'll be three eagles(but no, I don't understand, since you asked).
Just to go against the early tide I'll say no to all four of those players making the top ten... and then finally I'm going to pick to win: Devan Owens- if for no other reason than that he's a fellow lefty, Oh and from O.K.
(I didn't pick McBeth simply because he's not at 100% or hasn't been, and for quite a while now to watch him play)

Estonian Open over, Rick takes it.... probably a glitch, but PDGA site says Rick took home $1 with the win. Lol, Not gonna make much of a dent in the old air fare there....

I DID see that :D

Yeah, Owens has been in the hunt a few times this season. And I'd like to see Philo do well in Europe.

I'll be curious to see if anybody picks Nybo for the win.

MPO:

Wysocki
Doss
McBeth
Nybo

FPO: No

Bonus 1 - 2 Europeans

Bonus 2 - 5 Eagles

Bonus 3 - yes

Bonus 4 - Ricky Wysocki

MPO:

McBeth