• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2017 Discraft Ace Race

I'm pretty surprised they're going to run this disc since I haven't really heard much about it here or anywhere else. Does anyone have any more to say about this disc? What other Discraft mold do you think it is most similar to? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty surprised they're going to run this disc since I haven't really heard much about it here or anywhere else. Does anyone have any more to say about this disc? What other Discraft mold do you think it is most similar to? Thanks

A slightly faster Archer...? I donno...

In my opinion, the Sting flies like a slightly less stable Leopard. It flies around -3/1 so the comparison to a faster archer isn't far off. It's an okay disc, great for beginners but it isn't a fantastic disc either.

It's probably in another post, but the promo poster sort of shows it, I can try taking one later when I'm home.
2017_proto_lg.jpg

i bag it on some of the wooded courses for me it is a Glide plus 20' . if i compared it to another brands disc i would say maul for lat 64. I don't throw BH rollers but have seen it used for this with success.

i bag it on some of the wooded courses for me it is a Glide plus 20' . if i compared it to another brands disc i would say maul for lat 64. I don't throw BH rollers but have seen it used for this with success.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I am one of the few people that love the glide for touch turnover lines but I would like to widen the gap between it and my meteor.

IMO its a flippy leopard. As far as DC goes, id say its basically a slower flippier heat. Im seeing some people comparing it to mids which i dont understand really. Its profile is like a blunt nosed leopard. I bag an archer as a staple and they dont feel or fly anything the same. Anyway...flippy leopard. :thmbup:

Has anyone heard when this thing is getting to store shelves? This is absolutely what drives me bonkers about the Ace Race every year. They come out with what is a decent disc that will fill a nice spot in my bag but it takes forever to see it come out in other plastics. If this would have come out in December I would have bought 3 or 4 already but as it is I am looking into other options. I would LOVE to buy one of these in a Z FLX or Z plastic. Heck a X plastic in a light weight might be amusing when it starts to beat in.

I thought it felt slower than my Meteors, unless it's that I couldn't put any power behind it. The closest I even got to metal was step putting the silly short holes we had.