• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Prediction Contest?

How many events should the prediction contest include?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3-6

• 7-10

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 11-14

• 15-18

• 19+

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

discallday

Birdie Member
I received no messages from parties interested in taking over the prediction contest, and I wondered whether there is significant interest in doing it this year. I glanced back at last year's thread, and there appears to have been at least a little interest this year.

So...poll! There are 4 World Tour events, 9 Pro Tour (+ Championship), 6 National Tour, Worlds, 2 Masters Championships, and 1 Women's Championship. So, this contest could theoretically consist of 26 events (I don't think any events are represented in more than one of the above sets). But I'm not crazy enough to do run a contest that long.

If you've participated in the past, how many events do you see yourself predicting in this year's contest, assuming the questions don't get as excessive/detailed as last year? And are there other criteria that you'd like to see included or excluded that have not previously been mentioned in feedback? Are you open to the use of gambles as long as it's not a surprise?

I plan on participating in all the contests posted, but realistically, I think there should be 15-20 events used. I'd disregard the Masters and Women's events because it limits the fields.

I am down to do every event that is chosen. The masters could be left out IMO.

I will also pledge a prize or to for this as well :thmbup:.

You know I am going to be anti-gamble, I know this is petty... but the introduction of that cost me the win last year. I know it was designed to shake up and try to get others "back in" so to speak. That was not my fault that others missed rounds, slow and steady with consistency wins the race. I will play how ever the rules specify so long as the rules are not suprises along the way.

I can try to help but I am a confessed computer illiterate, so my help would be limited as to the tasks I could do :eek:.