• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 State of Disc Golf Survey

Todd@InfiniteDiscs

Par Member
Every year, Infinite Discs puts together a State of Disc Golf Survey where thousands of players are encouraged to share their opinions about the game we all love. It is a fun survey to take, and the results always provide manufacturers, retailers, and players with a real-world view of the ways in which the sport is growing and evolving.

I invite you to participate in the new 2017 survey! Your opinions are important! Feel free to take the survey HERE.

Please share the survey link with as many players as you want. You can also get to it from the Infinite Discs Blog HERE

Once again, there are a large number of disc golf prizes that will be randomly awarded to select participants. Prizes are provided by several different disc manufacturers.

Thanks!

All done!

Wished they would have asked which companies you disliked or dropped from your bag.
Interested to see this years results.

Solid survey... agree with Keller on that missed question.

Thanks for the link!

Interesting that perhaps one of the main reasons someone may favor a particular pro is they are a homeboy or girl was not an option.

Survey completed, thanks for trying to compile some meaningful stats.
Answered the questions as honestly and accurately as I could (perhaps too accurately??).

That said, I thought the question regarding courses "10 miles from my house" seemed odd in that 10 miles seem pretty close.
Strictly speaking there are NO courses within a 10 mile drive of where I live.
The two closest are about 12 & 14 miles away, but I regularly drive 30-40 miles (one way) to avoid playing the same courses all the time. :|

Played 35 different courses in 2016:
- 19 of those were local courses I play regularly (but more than 10 miles from home).
- 16 were not local (i.e planned road or day trips... slow year for course bagging :eek:)

Last edited:
Every year, Infinite Discs puts together a State of Disc Golf Survey where thousands of players are encouraged to share their opinions about the game we all love. It is a fun survey to take, and the results always provide manufacturers, retailers, and players with a real-world view of the ways in which the sport is growing and evolving.

I invite you to participate in the new 2017 survey! Your opinions are important! Feel free to take the survey HERE.

Please share the survey link with as many players as you want. You can also get to it from the Infinite Discs Blog HERE

Once again, there are a large number of disc golf prizes that will be randomly awarded to select participants. Prizes are provided by several different disc manufacturers.

Thanks!

Thanks Todd for making this survey known! Couple of disc/basket manufacturers and types of baskets I was unfamiliar with before. I am a relative late-comer to the game and an older player and always enjoy learning more about this addictive game/sport. :thmbup:

All done!

Wished they would have asked which companies you disliked or dropped from your bag.
Interested to see this years results.

Good idea! We're making notes of good question ideas for next year and appreciate your feedback.
:thmbup:

I think adding courses within 20 miles and courses within 30-50 would be a good option as well. I have 1 course within 10, 3 courses just outside 10 miles, at about 12-18 miles, and a bazillion within 30-50 miles.

There were a few I wanted multiple answers to as well, that were not available as an option.

Done.

Things that stuck in my head :

Yes, I'll wait for the farthest lie to throw, because rules and etiquette and stuff, but yes disc golfers are way too slow. Holy crap, some of us have other things to do.. like, play more disc golf or something. throw your goddamned disc already!

Yes, I'll pay to play. My only problem with this question is the value proposition. I'll pay more for a better experience with more amenities, but saying I'll pay $20 at least once a week is misleading without asserting that there better be more to the value proposition than letting me throw plastic at a few baskets.

Done. Though, like most surveys, I wanted to add a long "but...." to 80% of my answers.

I probably skewed the how-much-do-you-play questions, health issues having cut down my play and, particularly, tournament play, in 2016.

I was lost on the "how long does it take to play 18 holes" question, since the courses I typically play vary from about 45 minutes (solo) to 3 hours (small group).

In the "how much do you spend" question, I didn't add in what I've spent owning a private course. Not because it would be misleading, but because I didn't want to think about it.

In the "how much do you spend" question, I didn't add in what I've spent owning a private course. Not because it would be misleading, but because I didn't want to think about it.

I literally laughed out loud at that (laughing with you Dave... not at you)!

Latest posts