• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

A pool scores from Brewster starting to come in now. C Pool (Open Women) scores from Fox Run Meadows arriving shortly.

I find it odd there doesn't seem to be any facebook live from any of the media guys, fans, etc. Is there some kind of ban on unofficial media coverage at this event?

He's got 'em right where he wants 'em. After the par on 3 he strikes with touchdowns on back-to-back possessions at holes 4 & 5.

i guarantee he places higher than at least 1 guy now :clap: .i know a Hall Of Fame member who used to tell me. "i DFL" when asked about any of his Worlds performances.

Other Paige is tearin' it up. It would be great to see her get a big win.

I find it odd there doesn't seem to be any facebook live from any of the media guys, fans, etc. Is there some kind of ban on unofficial media coverage at this event?

Schusterick had his wife posting some videos to his instagram story following him during his first round. Can't imagine any ban on anything unofficial. But I'm with you.. it is a bit odd, we typically get something to hold off our insatiable need to watch some form of live disc golf.

A lot of tournament left, but young Paige is putting together an incredible round 2. Through 15 holes her score is 7 STROKES better than the second best round up to this point. She's -6 no one else is even. I don't know how to do the calculations, but surely this is on pace to be a round well over 1000-rated, no?

A bogie free round for an FPO player (or anyone) at Fox run would be a significant achievement. Here's to hoping she can keep it clean for 3 more holes. Would love to see her win it, but three more rounds could be enough for PP or Hokom to catch her.

yah..I find it interesting the contrasting recent development of the 2 Paiges. Young Paige has come on strong and what seems quickly the past few months but she has been playing for a while and perhaps it's just her time. I definitely enjoy watching her play. The older Paige fwiw..imop...just seems to not have that spark recently. I don't know if she has put too many expectations on herself, etc, but perhaps a few old man par golf rounds are in order. lol.. She's 9 back now, could be tough to come back, but if the leaders have a few bogies, PP has a few birdies, she's back in it.

yah..I find it interesting the contrasting recent development of the 2 Paiges. Young Paige has come on strong and what seems quickly the past few months but she has been playing for a while and perhaps it's just her time. I definitely enjoy watching her play. The older Paige fwiw..imop...just seems to not have that spark recently. I don't know if she has put too many expectations on herself, etc, but perhaps a few old man par golf rounds are in order. lol.. She's 9 back now, could be tough to come back, but if the leaders have a few bogies, PP has a few birdies, she's back in it.

Young Paige's current round is basically PP's round without all the bogies. PP putting has never been top of the division, but it has to be better than the 74% she's hit inside the circle so far today if she expects to win.

The 3 OB strokes on hole 7 didn't help her much either. I think that she would score better if she played a little less aggressive and picked her shots more. Lately she's had at least one or two blow up holes per round. She has a higher birdie rate than the field, but her bogie rate is high, too. 8 strokes (current deficit to Bjerkaas) over three rounds is doable, but I could see Pierce trying to make the difference up all in one round and taking more OB strokes and falling even further behind. She's going to need a hot round or two to win this thing.

Jalle Stoor just threw an ace on hole 14, now -9 through 15.

Seppo Paju had a best Circle 1 in regulation percentage yesterday (72%, second was Heimburg with 61%) but only 73% Circle 1 putting. Looks like putting struggles continue, or maybe he just happened to end up circles edge more often..

PP's rating for round 2 unofficially at 985, PB's rating should be 1000 or better. wowza.....

Rebecca had a harder time on FOX RUN and we have two more rounds on that course. . Feels like we have Paige B hunted by Paige P and Hokom for the title.

Interesting to see how Paige B nerves holds up now that the "i can be Word champ" thoughts starts to come