• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

No, the net has been in place for years, specifically to stop people from throwing thumbers.

I never noticed this either. This is awesome and more of these anti-thumber nets should be implemented into tournaments around the world. We need to start fundraising for the cost of all these nets.

... and that was a nice round by Melton. Happy to see a lefty on lead card of the US "lefty" championships.

Hole performances, based on Round 1 scores. Up and Right is "good". A bigger bubble just means a higher average score.

attachment.php

It's a good thing Hole #17 is pretty. While it gave out more different scores than any other hole, it didn't do a very good job of giving the high scores to the same players as the other holes.

Attachments

• 2018USDGCRd1HP.png
    2018USDGCRd1HP.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 251
Player performance tracks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018USDGCRd1PT.png
    2018USDGCRd1PT.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 292
A week and-a-half ago, I posted a prediction that hole 9 would average about a 4.4 (first round was a 4.43) but I had an advantage as I put down a lot of the OB rope. There were 5 roller drives in the first round (3 were fairly successful for birdies--Nikko, JohnnE, and another; another shot did not stand up and ended up OB in the road, another over stood and went OB into the baseball wall structure).

It was surprising to me that many of the top 50% of the players went conservative and island hopped with most carding a par (a few bogeyed, missing circle 1 area putts).

Round 2 should see more aggressive drives that should lower the hole average to about a 4.25 as well as smarter upshots. Now if winds come into play (not predicted), my guesses could easily be skewed.

Its been an interesting hole to spot on.

Yes, I think -15 is the record, but just as an example, hole 9 can no longer be reasonably eagled unlike the last few years...it is longer and has an island fairway...just one of the changes...

Yes, I think -15 is the record, but just as an example, hole 9 can no longer be reasonably eagled unlike the last few years...it is longer and has an island fairway...just one of the changes...
Also the 888 hole is now 999 and over 1,000 at the alternate so compairing year to year isn't really fair with OBs changing and layaout changing.

wow...after only round 1.....at 8 or more strokes off the lead, these guys are out of it imop...Wysocki, Sexton, McMahon, McCray, Koling. That's crazy to say, but I just don't see the top 4-5 players botching the course enough to give that many strokes back. If anything I think the top 4-6 players pull away from the chase card(s) even more.

wow...after only round 1.....at 8 or more strokes off the lead, these guys are out of it imop...Wysocki, Sexton, McMahon, McCray, Koling. That's crazy to say, but I just don't see the top 4-5 players botching the course enough to give that many strokes back. If anything I think the top 4-6 players pull away from the chase card(s) even more.

Forgot about Simon at +1...

There's a lot of golf left. It's way to early to tell who's gonna win. Well...not someone named Paige. They need to stop the bleeding and just play par golf.

If Ricky gets hot... no one is safe.

Interesting how similar the two first cards is to the two final rounds cards at Worlds. . basicly the exact same guys . . exept Melton

Latest posts