• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

Sunday after. They've done it for years. In fact, I believe it is one of the big reasons the tournament runs Wednesday to Saturday. Originally it was a Thursday to Sunday affair. When it moved to Wed-Sat, it was something no one had ever done before (except Worlds which has always ended on Saturday). Now a whole bunch of events do it so it doesn't seem so odd, but back then, it was somewhat controversial.

It would be nice if they started the Wed-Sat rounds to have a Spectator Day on Sunday, but it was probably to give them a weather day cushion. What was it 2016 or 17 were several tournaments had a washout day, would have come in handy at those?
They may also do it so that players that work a regular job can take the week off, then travel home on Sunday and back to work on Monday.

It wasn't an option for me to play on Sunday, but nice to know now.

Something else I learned at my first USDGC, your admission ticket gets you a free stamped disc, kind of a Players Pack for spectators. I heard someone ask when I was in the shop, nice to get free swag!! Thanks INNOVA !!!! :clap::clap::clap:

It would be nice if they started the Wed-Sat rounds to have a Spectator Day on Sunday, but it was probably to give them a weather day cushion. What was it 2016 or 17 were several tournaments had a washout day, would have come in handy at those?
They may also do it so that players that work a regular job can take the week off, then travel home on Sunday and back to work on Monday.

It wasn't an option for me to play on Sunday, but nice to know now.

Something else I learned at my first USDGC, your admission ticket gets you a free stamped disc, kind of a Players Pack for spectators. I heard someone ask when I was in the shop, nice to get free swag!! Thanks INNOVA !!!! :clap::clap::clap:

They absolutely shifted the tournament to have the spectator day. I don't believe weather was ever a consideration for the scheduling. Evidence being that they had Sunday scheduled for spectator day and did not push the final round of the 2016 USDGC into it when a hurricane canceled Saturday's round.

The travel stuff was a bonus but not necessarily an intended benefit of the change.

The spectator day was entirely for the fans (had to sign up onsite) and to raise money for charities - used to be Habitat for Humanity. Not sure if either apply anymore.

Latest posts