• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 USDGC (Jomez lovefest optional)

tom12003

Eagle Member
Surprised no one started this thread yet. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

2 weeks to go! Just started course set up today. Lots of changes (as usual); based on some rumors, old holes 1 and 2 will not be played and traditional 3 will be hole one, old 4 will be 2, a new hole on the ball golf course might be 3, old 5 will have an older tee pad and will be hole 4 (only about 1,000 ft rather than the 1,100); next 6 holes will be traditional (except being one lower in number). Looks like the old 11-12 will be broken into 3 holes; everything else (13-18) looks like the old layout.

There will no longer be top red/yellow rope--replaced by short PVC pipes (still with the traditional bottom yellow string; the real OB line).

A few holes are now fully marked; most of the OB should be ready this week. Its a work in progress.

I have some really bad news to share. Unfortunately jomezproductions is no longer invited to film at the USDGC. I am very disappointed and sad that Innova has chosen this terrible decision. I will no longer purchase any Innova products and I strongly encourage my fellow disc golfers to do the same. I think the Charlotte disc golf community should boycott this event and put all of their efforts into supporting the DGPT championships.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-174311_Messenger Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-174311_Messenger Lite.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 280
I have some really bad news to share. Unfortunately jomezproductions is no longer invited to film at the USDGC. I am very disappointed and sad that Innova has chosen this terrible decision. I will no longer purchase any Innova products and I strongly encourage my fellow disc golfers to do the same. I think the Charlotte disc golf community should boycott this event and put all of their efforts into supporting the DGPT championships.

Grow up. You say "no longer invited" as if Innova and the USDGC kicked them out or something. They were never scheduled to be there. They're not entitled to be there. The world will keep spinning despite them not covering the event.

Innova has its own channel and its own (hired) production company. They're entirely within their rights to put coverage of the event where ever they want.

You make this seem like they were invited and then that invitation was taken away.

In other news Discraft won't be selling Innova products on their online store.

I invite everyone to boycott them.

I wonder if Charlotte disc golf would be where it is if it wasn't for Innova East being so close...just food for thought while you're busy throwing your hissy fit.

Last edited:
Dude I'm from Rock Hill so I'm more than aware of how they helped the sport. Harold Duvall even went to the church that I grew up in. I'm not going to support a company that holds the sport back. Jomez would more than likely crack the YouTube algorithm and reach over 1million views. They would also gain a decent amount of subscribers which would help grow the sport in the long term.

Usdgc isn't a favorite of mine to watch and no Jomez makes it less likely I'll be in a rush to check out coverage

That partner page hadn't been updated in a year if I am correct.

Guess what... CCDG, SmashBoxx, GK Pro, etc were not invited to to film either. Innova went with what was probably a more fiscally smart move and kept it on the spinTV channel.

Innova knows all the numbers. What it would cost them for Jomez vs the potential lost views by not having it on their channel.

Dude I'm from Rock Hill so I'm more than aware of how they helped the sport. Harold Duvall even went to the church that I grew up in. I'm not going to support a company that holds the sport back. Jomez would more than likely crack the YouTube algorithm and reach over 1million views. They would also gain a decent amount of subscribers which would help grow the sport in the long term.

While I appreciate your passion, I think you are really kind of over the top here. Disc golf has, and will continue to grow, without the impact of Jomez or any other media company. I think we DGCR folks forget that we are the tip of highly involved disc golfers. The vast majority don't watch videos and could care less about tournament play.

To even say that Innova is holding back the sport, by putting out their own videos is hyperbolic at best and myopic at worst. Innova has does more for the game in a week than Jomez ever has. I don't recall any tournaments, I have played in, being sponsored by Jomez.

Boycott all you want....but, don't tell me what to do.

better late than never to the party

Surprised no one started this thread yet. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

2 weeks to go! Just started course set up today. Lots of changes (as usual); based on some rumors, old holes 1 and 2 will not be played and traditional 3 will be hole one, old 4 will be 2, a new hole on the ball golf course might be 3, old 5 will have an older tee pad and will be hole 4 (only about 1,000 ft rather than the 1,100); next 6 holes will be traditional (except being one lower in number). Looks like the old 11-12 will be broken into 3 holes; everything else (13-18) looks like the old layout.

There will no longer be top red/yellow rope--replaced by short PVC pipes (still with the traditional bottom yellow string; the real OB line).

A few holes are now fully marked; most of the OB should be ready this week. Its a work in progress.

Ironically, someone did start a USDGC thread, about two weeks ago. You may not have found it, because they decided (hmmmmm) to put it under the "Tournaments" section. Silly brutus.

Check it out ... or better yet...

Maybe incorporate...