• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 USDGC

USDGC's adamant refusal for the gold standard!

How can anyone expect to get a following on media when everything produced is after its already happened. I cant stand that they dont have live coverage. Don't get me wrong post production is done well, but I am not interested in watching a video already knowing the results. Also all of the media coverage is counter active for supporting post coverage.:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

How can anyone expect to get a following on media when everything produced is after its already happened. I cant stand that they dont have live coverage. Don't get me wrong post production is done well, but I am not interested in watching a video already knowing the results. Also all of the media coverage is counter active for supporting post coverage.:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I think you are in the minority here. I respect your opinion though.

Innovas live stream is only 1 hole I think

Rather than focus on traditional two-camera lead card coverage that has become the standard approach, USDGC will focus on a live studio show — led by Avery Jenkins and Jamie Thomas — with multiple cameras around the course, including significant coverage of Winthrop Gold's iconic hole 17. Multiple guests will stop into the studio — which looks out onto the 18th fairway — for interviews, analysis, and discussion.

"It doesn't have to look like the PGA Tour," said USDGC event manager and Innova team manager Jonathan Poole. "It doesn't have to look like the Masters."

The tournament has hired Fulcrum Media — a production company that primarily broadcasts ultimate frisbee — to produce live coverage for the final two rounds of the tournament.

The current plan is to set up a filming tower near the basket on hole 17, which will allow for a high-angle view of all of that island hole, the entirety of the long par 5 fifth along the lake, the 18th1, some of hole 6, some of hole 13, and some of hole 1.

There will also be a camera stationed below the tower to get a close-up view of the 17th green and a roving wireless camera that will be able to get close-ups on holes 1, 17, and 18. Additionally, Fulcrum and the tournament are partnering with Jomez Productions to install hardware on four of their cameras — two on the lead card, two on the chase card — that will supply a wireless feed back to the production team, enabling look-in coverage from any hole on the course. Fulcrum will also be operating a drone to capture wide angle aerial views of the course.

Rather than focus on traditional two-camera lead card coverage that has become the standard approach, USDGC will focus on a live studio show — led by Avery Jenkins and Jamie Thomas — with multiple cameras around the course, including significant coverage of Winthrop Gold's iconic hole 17. Multiple guests will stop into the studio — which looks out onto the 18th fairway — for interviews, analysis, and discussion.

"It doesn't have to look like the PGA Tour," said USDGC event manager and Innova team manager Jonathan Poole. "It doesn't have to look like the Masters."

The tournament has hired Fulcrum Media — a production company that primarily broadcasts ultimate frisbee — to produce live coverage for the final two rounds of the tournament.

The current plan is to set up a filming tower near the basket on hole 17, which will allow for a high-angle view of all of that island hole, the entirety of the long par 5 fifth along the lake, the 18th1, some of hole 6, some of hole 13, and some of hole 1.

There will also be a camera stationed below the tower to get a close-up view of the 17th green and a roving wireless camera that will be able to get close-ups on holes 1, 17, and 18. Additionally, Fulcrum and the tournament are partnering with Jomez Productions to install hardware on four of their cameras — two on the lead card, two on the chase card — that will supply a wireless feed back to the production team, enabling look-in coverage from any hole on the course. Fulcrum will also be operating a drone to capture wide angle aerial views of the course.

Why would we do things viewers like and want? -USDGC

Sounds like the worst part of the Olympic coverage. Hope there are lots of feel good stories about the health problems of some of the competitors family members and how it is a burden on their training, and then when the delayed coverage is done with production it will be played back out of order to give it the feeling of more drama making it look like some people who were never in it were putting pressure on the lead card.

Sounds like the worst part of the Olympic coverage. Hope there are lots of feel good stories about the health problems of some of the competitors family members and how it is a burden on their training, and then when the delayed coverage is done with production it will be played back out of order to give it the feeling of more drama making it look like some people who were never in it were putting pressure on the lead card.

As a purveyor of fine sarcasm, I applaud this post.

That stuff drives me crazy...DVR is awesome, lol.

Is jussimez pro doing the post produced? By the time the"next day" video comes out I will already know the results of day two.

Is jussimez pro doing the post produced? By the time the"next day" video comes out I will already know the results of day two.

Are you new? When has next day video ever been out before day two started? Typically, it goes up during the following round, often while the lead card is on the course.

Next day video isn't late until the clock strikes midnight.

Live amateur video on Powergrip Facebook page of the card with Leo Piironen (Powergrip&Discmania sponsored), Ricky, Kevin and the Nate Perkins. The coverage was pretty good there yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/pg.powergrip/videos/465898093919066/

Please pardon my poor sense of humor.

I swear, them people there don' speak English. Wha's the world comin' too?

I love the fact that folks came over from Europe to play and watch this and are living it on Facebook. Very cool!