• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 MVP Circuit

I have no reference for the Pyro or Trace but the cosmic Arom was a touch more stable than my other Atoms.
The Trace had good glide but a harsher fade than my Wraith...but the Wraith comes in so many stabilities, who knows.
The Pyro was too flexible to be a proper OS disc. Not impressed at all.
None of these discs will make my bag. If MVP is trying to get new players to switch out their bag, this was a stike out. At least one of the discs should have been understable. The saving grace was at least the Atom was a straight flyer, I leaned on driving with it a lot.

The small metal mini as the only item I will use from the player pack as it is much easier to carry in a pocket than a standard mini.

I did enjoy the event even as I did not like the discs.

Last edited:
I have no reference for the Pyro or Trace but the cosmic Arom was a touch more stable than my other Atoms.
The Trace had good glide but a harsher fade than my Wraith...but the Wraith comes in so many stabilities, who knows.
The Pyro was too flexible to be a proper OS disc. Not impressed at all.
None of these discs will make my bag. If MVP is trying to get new players to switch out their bag, this was a stike out. At least one of the discs should have been understable. The saving grace was at least the Atom was a straight flyer, I leaned on driving with it a lot.

The small metal mini as the only item I will use from the player pack as it is much easier to carry in a pocket than a standard mini.

I did enjoy the event even as I did not like the discs.

Agreed I was not a fan of the discs this year. Our event was in the woods, and I always throw understable plastic on that course. Even my Atom was overstable, at least on the first 16 holes. It softened a bit after I hit a tree or 2, by then it was too late. I tweeked my shoulder trying to force the disc to do things it didnt want to do in the woods.

Agreed I was not a fan of the discs this year. Our event was in the woods, and I always throw understable plastic on that course. Even my Atom was overstable, at least on the first 16 holes. It softened a bit after I hit a tree or 2, by then it was too late. I tweeked my shoulder trying to force the disc to do things it didnt want to do in the woods.

Yeah, we played on a heavily wooded course as well. I don't have much power in my flick so I found myself throwing lefty on dogleg right holes. Even the Atom would not turn over.
Good thing I am somewhat ambidextrous....somewhat

I am a big fan of the Prism Neutron Pyro. For the moment, it has kicked the Deflector out of my bag.

Are you forehand dominate? You may just have a lot more power than me.

I took it and the Trace back out today. The Trace is just too much beef for my backhand but I did find I could use the Pyro for placement forehand upshots. I still prefer the Entropy for that shot, so it's not going to make the bag.

I can flick flexible plastics but my backhand grip was crumpling the rim of the Pyro.

Are you forehand dominate? You may just have a lot more power than me.

I took it and the Trace back out today. The Trace is just too much beef for my backhand but I did find I could use the Pyro for placement forehand upshots. I still prefer the Entropy for that shot, so it's not going to make the bag.

I can flick flexible plastics but my backhand grip was crumpling the rim of the Pyro.

I wouldn't say I'm forehand dominant, but since Sept of 2017, I've worked very hard to make my forehand about 45% of my game to 55% backhand. If I have to drive for distance, I'm going to go backhand unless the line is clearly a forehand. If I have to forehand for distance, I can probably get 275-300 feet, provided I don't mess the shot up. Accuracy is still something I'm working on. Don't get me wrong, I never fear using the forehand, but every now and then I might give it too much room to work.

I get a lot more distance of the Pyro than the Entropy, and I think the Pyro fades harder than Entropy if you release it flat or with hyzer. Conversely, the Deflector wants to fade very fast even when I put power on it. Which is sometimes a good thing, but I think I have more versatility over all pairing the Pyro with the Entropy as opposed to the Deflector.

Latest posts