• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I would think Innova $lamming the door with the final contract keeping Mcbeth is all they would care about. Right now I wouldn't think these rumors are doing anything at all negative for them.

Back peddling is always a possibility. I don't personally think it likely, but things happen. Just like Tiger and Nike, sometimes the money is big enough to make big changes.

Well since this is a rumor thread...

I've gotten to know a few people working on the Ultimate side of things this year, and they said that nobody wants the Aviator because it's too overstable for Ultimate compared to the Ultrastar.

Sounds like the Ultimate disc I need lol

I've gotten to know a few people working on the Ultimate side of things this year, and they said that nobody wants the Aviator because it's too overstable for Ultimate compared to the Ultrastar.

Never thrown an Ultrastar, if what you posted there is true, then they must land upside down when thrown. I have a Captain America shield Aviator and that thing turns over if you look at it weird...

New Rumor time - Ian is starting a fantasy CCDG league for.

1 pt per round filmed
.5 pts per round commentated
.25 pts per shot thrown on Champs Vs Chumps

What order does the CCDG collective finish?

:D

I think Cory might get me this year due to rounds filmed weight. Pretty sure that puts me in 2nd, with Brian in 3rd. Peter/Dre/Keenan would be pretty close tie for 4th.

on this tangent... my favorite ultimate disc that isn't the ultrastar is aria,(not pdga approved)

I backpedal with my Prodiscus speculation. After some Facebook detective work they are doing just fine, and I bet Jones stays with them using mixed bag.

As for their line of discs, Innova has always stated you don't get a sig disc (not tour series) unless you win worlds. They would have to back pedal on that pretty hard to give him 6-8 discs, could be more.

I don't know that they'd have to backpedal that much. They gave Climo his own plastic blend/line of discs, and the number of KC Pro molds definitely out-numbered the World Championships he'd accumulated to that point (or even to date...including Masters).

If Innova decided to create a new blend or rename an existing blend "McPro" and put McBeth's name on all the discs in that plastic, would that really cause problems for them? Would the rest of their roster make unreasonable demands for themselves?

Never thrown an Ultrastar, if what you posted there is true, then they must land upside down when thrown. I have a Captain America shield Aviator and that thing turns over if you look at it weird...

Ultimate players probably look at a Comet as we look at a Firebird...it's pretty eye opening how far they can flick an Ultrastar when most disc golfers need a Harp or Firebird to prevent a throwler.

I'm betting you they do care what's going on social media or they wouldn't have player signing contacts with social media requirements and some even with social media specific contracts.

As Infinite's main interwebz guy, I sure spend a lot of time trolling DGCR, Reddit, and Facebook for anything related to Infinite (and usually refraining from saying what I really want to say...). I will say the internet gives a lot of free advertising. Plus, all the speculation is kinda fun... ;) so I can see why Innova or Discraft wouldn't say anything really.

Yeah. Pretty much cause this is just too much fun to watch. The speculation mill is what makes the offseason fun

Agreed. I've spoken to one of the parties involved, it's interesting. Everybody on the outside seems very sure that they're right about what he'll do.

Lizotte is leaving Discmania. Source: Terry Miller says he has some stuff.

Not happening. 0% chance.

Even if he takes Eagle with him? ;)

This thread is great, I hope nothing actually happens for months but someone keeps getting "insider information" so this won't die out. :popcorn:

If I were running a disc company, I would want to sign them on Monday, soon as the DGPT Finals end. The holidays are coming, and they'd be leaving $$$ on the table if they don't market new discs when everybody is out shopping.

Plus the pros themselves would need more time to learn their new arsenal.

The speculation is fun though. If you asked me to bet on who is more likely to move between McBeth and Lizotte, I'd firmly bet on McBeth. That said, I don't think either of them will move when it's all said and done.

Innova absolutely would not want to shut these rumors down. It looks great for them if Paul turns down some super rich deal because he wants to stay with Innova. Shutting down a rumor doesn't give them pride. They're happy knowing competitors need to empty their wallets to grab the attention of their players.

Latest posts