• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

JT,
This is the wrong thread for that type of... what's the word I'm looking for... ah, yes, LOGIC... thanks though:p

On a more relevant note, I smoked a rack of baby backs last night using the 3,2,1 method.

Rub the rack and smoke for 3 hours
Foil the rack w/ apple cider for 2 hours
Put the rack back on the grill with sauce for 1 hour

pork falls right off the bone...

I used Brown Sugar Bourbon for the rub & Smokey Mountain Sauce from Blues Hog.
DELICIOUS!

STAHP IT, you know how hard it is to even find 950-rated BBQ out here in SF that doesn't cost $30/plate (which is the antithesis of a BBQ)??

Mouth watering...need lunch...thank god we have Taqueria's with amazing Lengua Burritos...

Speaking of scams, anybody know of a pyramid-type dg scam going so I can be contractually forced to overbuy discs and then get stuck with the goods? That sounds pretty awesome with the plausible deniability, victimhood and such.

I do love (is love the right word?) that every time a pro takes a picture with another pro in a different town people think that they're jumping ship.

It's like we've forgotten that these guys and girls grew up in the game battling one another, see each other nearly every weekend, and have personal relationships.

I know we tend to see people as brands and objectify them for our entertainment...but let's get a grip on the insane speculation. Just because Simon, Ricky, and KJUSA play golf together - or Drew and Will go get a milkshake - doesn't mean there's subterfuge going on.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what is this about a milkshake? You don't just get a milkshake with someone without ulterior motives. Based on this news, I would guess Drew was just an ambassador for Innova in their merger with Prodigy. They then make Ricky their hybrid sponsor, and he goes back to throwing his Prodigy stamped Innova stuff plus Innova stamped whatever that Ricky misses from Prodigy. And in two years, the new company renames itself The Deuce before setting up a new tour that only allows overmolds with compass points.

STAHP IT, you know how hard it is to even find 950-rated BBQ out here in SF that doesn't cost $30/plate (which is the antithesis of a BBQ)??

Mouth watering...need lunch...thank god we have Taqueria's with amazing Lengua Burritos...

I wish tongue could be barbecued but I am afraid it is too lean a meat to turn out right. I am afraid it would dry out, but then I could be wrong. Have to get my dad to smoke some up.

YES, THANK YOU. Few things draw my ire like bourgeois BBQ.
Speaking of scams, anybody know of a pyramid-type dg scam going so I can be contractually forced to overbuy discs and then get stuck with the goods? That sounds pretty awesome with the plausible deniability, victimhood and such.
You know it's been awhile since we've had bag pre-order shenanigans.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what is this about a milkshake? You don't just get a milkshake with someone without ulterior motives.
Yep, milkshakes are for celebrating. Clearly Will has lured Drew to the Prodigy side or Drew got signed to a country music label in Nashville.

One time I wondered over to Kansas City on a long weekend and was starving when I got there. I put "BBQ" into the TomTom (yes, it was a while ago) which took me to a white building that simply had the letters BBQ painted on the outside. Their menu was 3 items
1. BBQ Sandwich
2. Fires
3. Cola
I ordered all three and it was one of the better BBQ meals I've had, outside my kitchen...

Now you want to talk burritos?... I got nothin'! Here is the middle of the country, the best burritos are from Q'Doba or Chipotle (chain restaurants)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what is this about a milkshake? You don't just get a milkshake with someone without ulterior motives. Based on this news, I would guess Drew was just an ambassador for Innova in their merger with Prodigy. They then make Ricky their hybrid sponsor, and he goes back to throwing his Prodigy stamped Innova stuff plus Innova stamped whatever that Ricky misses from Prodigy. And in two years, the new company renames itself The Deuce before setting up a new tour that only allows overmolds with compass points.

You should start a podcast. You'd probably get a bigger audience than the one I'm on with the heat on that stove!

I wish tongue could be barbecued but I am afraid it is too lean a meat to turn out right. I am afraid it would dry out, but then I could be wrong. Have to get my dad to smoke some up.

While I was raised to enjoy a thick, fatty cut of medium rare bovine, my Argentinian in-laws have been teaching me the techniques of the Asado. Now I can appreciate both!

If you ask them however, a traditional Argentine Chimichurri is the way to really bring out the best in tongue. I'm due for a crash course on the family recipe next week, pretty excited!

Let me know how that smoking experiment goes!

Not you too. You broke your logic with that...whatever that ugly acronym is.

Oof, this news might be tough to break...I'm pretty certain I'm the one who coined the "KJUSA" moniker..or at least I'm to blame for it spreading. I've been calling him that for awhile now...because just saying "KJ" is to honor the Viking King of Disc Golf - KJ Nybo.

While I was raised to enjoy a thick, fatty cut of medium rare bovine, my Argentinian in-laws have been teaching me the techniques of the Asado. Now I can appreciate both!

If you ask them however, a traditional Argentine Chimichurri is the way to really bring out the best in tongue. I'm due for a crash course on the family recipe next week, pretty excited!

Thoughts on yerba mate?

How is it that there isn't a disc golf cookbook? Recipes for the tournament, home course and backyard putting?

You had me until "overmolds only".

You had me until "overmolds only".

You misunderstood, or I may have written it poorly. Non overmolds are certainly still fine, but they would exclude overmolds without compass points in their new tour.

Although, I have it on good authority from a source I bribed with several milkshakes that Innova is improving the compass point overmolding process so that they will have the benefit of the common eight compass points, not just the cardinal directions. My source indicates that after they have perfected this technique, they will be converting all of their most popular molds to this process. Just as the Nova is the Aviar, they will be doing the same thing to the Teebird, Roc, etc. The real tricky part is incorporating V-Tech into all of these overmold replacements, so they are the pinnacle of the disc making art. Once this disc perfection is achieved, then The Deuce will switch its focus to acquiring FS1 and FS2 to be the place where their league is aired. Only then will Dave Dunipace retire, after completing his life's work.

Came to post this, can't help but feel this wasn't intentional, but maybe I'm wrong?

Thoughts on yerba mate?

I drink it every day (cold though, like a gringo)! In fact I'm trying to get Guayaki back in the dg game again. I first learned about them when they were giving free cans out at the 2010 Masters Cup, and they're huge now. They're based out here in the bay area.

I'm in the same camp as BuiltTooLong - replaced 99% of my energy drink consumption. It just feels like a cleaner caffeine rush without the massive amount of sugar, and the guarana found in most energy drinks is not good for your heart.

How is it that there isn't a disc golf cookbook? Recipes for the tournament, home course and backyard putting?

I'd buy one. I'm very much an apprentice in the kitchen, but learning bit by bit does make experimenting more fun.

There should be a section called "C-Tier recipes" for when you're TD'ing a C-Tier (or a monthly kinda thing...) and you can't afford to fundraise for catered lunch! :p