• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

I don't think it's weird at all. Mcbeth has only ever been sponsored by Innova, and has been the face of them for years. You can tell by a lot of the comments at the beginning of this thread that some people thought Paul would never leave Innova. To hear he's not only leaving, but leaving for Innova's biggest competitor, and one that has been slacking in the pro sponsors and marketing departments lately, was a shock and seemed far-fetched.

I'm not familiar with all of Ricky's sponsorships, but I believe he was with Innova, then Prodigy, and now Lat64 for the last 4 years. To hear he's switching again, and that he is the #2 golfer going to the #1 company that just lost their main star, makes perfect sense.
picture.php

Is this new or old? Now I'm damn confused...

Yeah, that is quite the thing to say without anything to back it up.

For instance, on the topic of FPO pay, which came up on Melody Waibel's Facebook page, he continues to call women girls, all while seemingly unable to grasp why women are pushing for more equitable pay, yet saying he is a huge supporter of women's golf. I know the FPO pay debate is a whole 'nother can of worms, and maybe I'm being too hard on a guy in his early 20s for not being particularly woke, but that's my read on him. I can't really give any better evidence. I'm merely saying that's how he comes across to me, and I'm sure opinions on that will vary.

Looking forward to some NM events next year! Hopefully, we can avoid date conflicts. I really want to check out your Mtn course in Santa Fe.

And for those of you on the Prodigy Dump wagon, I can also tell you that our team is getting better for next year, and we most definitely aren't cutting our middle of the road pros (like myself and RJ on this board). The company is doing well both on the course and business wise.

Probably a good policy, and good advice. I probably would have been better off being vague, rather than responding that way, since I really don't have much time to comb through facebook posts for evidence to support my opinion. So, I guess, take or leave my opinion as you see fit.

For instance, on the topic of FPO pay, which came up on Melody Waibel's Facebook page, he continues to call women girls, all while seemingly unable to grasp why women are pushing for more equitable pay, yet saying he is a huge supporter of women's golf. I know the FPO pay debate is a whole 'nother can of worms, and maybe I'm being too hard on a guy in his early 20s for not being particularly woke, but that's my read on him. I can't really give any better evidence. I'm merely saying that's how he comes across to me, and I'm sure opinions on that will vary.
all you need to do is post a pic like this (looks like a dudebro to me) :
maxresdefault.jpg

And for those of you on the Prodigy Dump wagon, I can also tell you that our team is getting better for next year, and we most definitely aren't cutting our middle of the road pros (like myself and RJ on this board). The company is doing well both on the course and business wise.

Even hearing this its super hard to believe that the company is doing well business wise. A lot of people on here and on the internet in general just don't see prodigy being used as much as the other big brands. I know prodigy is super hot in certain parts of the country but even with that its still hard to believe that thats enough to sustain growth here in the US. Yes I have heard that Prodigy does very well over seas and that, that might be enough to allow them to continually grow but I just dont see it. I travel the US for work and have been all over and play disc golf every where I go and I hardly ever see people throwing prodigy. So I see your statement and just dont believe it.

Identity politics comments belong at the water cooler, not here. Don't be a troll.

Probably a good policy, and good advice. I probably would have been better off being vague, rather than responding that way, since I really don't have much time to comb through facebook posts for evidence to support my opinion. So, I guess, take or leave my opinion as you see fit.

Dude had his famous post about kneeling for the anthem mixed in with a George Soros reference, so yeah.

I really don't get it. I started playing about 2.5 years ago, tried a few used discs and the Buzzz and Stalker were the first discs I bonded with. So I became a bit of a Discraft fanboy. Long story short, I tried a bunch of discs and eventually moved to a few Innova/DM molds for drivers. Still have multiple Undertakers, Surges and Thrashers in reserve and they are all great discs.

Switched to Roaches for putting a while back and I'm digging them. I also remain a defiant fanboy of Discraft mids.

When I started 7-8 years ago, the Buzzz and Stalker were my discs of choice too. Pretty much every else threw Innova, but I liked those molds so I stuck with them for quite awhile. But I think you and I were the exception. Every non Innova disc I threw for a long time got looked down on by other players in my area.

Ironically now that I throw MVP primarily, I don't get those responses.

Identity politics comments belong at the water cooler, not here. Don't be a troll.

I'm not trolling. And I'm not sure what this has to do with identity politics. I said I root against the guy, and I gave my sincere opinion on why that is. You're welcome to disagree and have your own take. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

When I started 7-8 years ago, the Buzzz and Stalker were my discs of choice too. Pretty much every else threw Innova, but I liked those molds so I stuck with them for quite awhile. But I think you and I were the exception. Every non Innova disc I threw for a long time got looked down on by other players in my area.

Ironically now that I throw MVP primarily, I don't get those responses.

I guess this prevailing attitude must be regional. I have really never seen a disc golf look down, up or any way, at a player throwing any brand of plastic. I can't imagine anyone throwing judgement or casting dispersion based on bagging a particular disc......outside of a groove, of course. :p

Even hearing this its super hard to believe that the company is doing well business wise. A lot of people on here and on the internet in general just don't see prodigy being used as much as the other big brands. I know prodigy is super hot in certain parts of the country but even with that its still hard to believe that thats enough to sustain growth here in the US. Yes I have heard that Prodigy does very well over seas and that, that might be enough to allow them to continually grow but I just dont see it. I travel the US for work and have been all over and play disc golf every where I go and I hardly ever see people throwing prodigy. So I see your statement and just dont believe it.

I mean the China outreach isn't completely altruistic. If they can garner brand loyalty from the biggest population in the world it changes the game.

Not to bring politics into this, but China isn't our friend from a US Geopolitical perspective, they're our acquaintance of convenience and the manufacturing hub of the world. That said, there's a difference between government/politics and the people on the ground, so I'm not trying to overly generalize.

Just saying it's not 100% altruistic and 0% business. It's a bold move and may ultimately prove to be a smart one if it works.

I'm not trolling. And I'm not sure what this has to do with identity politics. I said I root against the guy, and I gave my sincere opinion on why that is. You're welcome to disagree and have your own take. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Does trolling count if you're correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181108-145811.jpg
    Screenshot_20181108-145811.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20181108-151334.jpg
    Screenshot_20181108-151334.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 246
I mean the China outreach isn't completely altruistic. If they can garner brand loyalty from the biggest population in the world it changes the game.

Not to bring politics into this, but China isn't our friend from a US Geopolitical perspective, they're our acquaintance of convenience and the manufacturing hub of the world. That said, there's a difference between government/politics and the people on the ground, so I'm not trying to overly generalize.

Just saying it's not 100% altruistic and 0% business. It's a bold move and may ultimately prove to be a smart one if it works.

You just liked a comment about not bringing politics into it, and then you proceed to bring politics into it a few posts latter. You're quite a piece of work, Jamie.

Latest posts