• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Sexton is the face of Innova going forward, and Barsby is the rebellious counterpart.

Not sure what I'd do if Wysocki signed with Innova. Cry myself to sleep, then face the tough decision: Jump on the SockBomb bandwagon? Or convert my bag to Discraft? Eagles would be really tough to replace.

Sexton is the face of Innova going forward, and Barsby is the rebellious counterpart.

Not sure what I'd do if Wysocki signed with Innova. Cry myself to sleep, then face the tough decision: Jump on the SockBomb bandwagon? Or convert my bag to Discraft? Eagles would be really tough to replace.

Think of all the headache putting an SP discraft order together would be. Easier to just quit disc golf.

That person doesn't know how to Wikipedia.

They "RIP" his disc section too (or at least yesterday, maybe it's better now)

And the best I can tell, no one has won the World's MPO with one sponsor, changed sponsors, then won again. If P McB does it, he'll be the first. I think (as in, the best c_a_miller and I can figure), is Cam Todd in 2002 might be the last person to win with a mixed bag

Everybody knows who Danny works for. And his review are usually pretty fair, in my experience. When I'm looking at a new disc, I'm happy to find as many reviews as possible. You seem to really have it out for DD. Whatever.

If Danny is Danny Lindahl, the is a YouTube video out there where he recommends discs for different armspeeds, and he suggests lower armspeeds throw lower speed discs, and higher speeds as armspeeds increase. I thought it was a fair and "not dishonest" video.

I'd also suggest that if we go by some of the criteria listed by the DD hater, then Crest toothpaste commercials are "dishonest", as well....

If Danny is Danny Lindahl, the is a YouTube video out there where he recommends discs for different armspeeds, and he suggests lower armspeeds throw lower speed discs, and higher speeds as armspeeds increase. I thought it was a fair and "not dishonest" video.

I'd also suggest that if we go by some of the criteria listed by the DD hater, then Crest toothpaste commercials are "dishonest", as well....

He later clarified his issue is that these are posted to Reddit, which apparently has a no advertising policy, so it's kind of under the radar as a review even though it's sponsored/created by an employee. I can definitely understand his point from that perspective, not knowing how Reddit usually operates with those types of things.

Really? You don't think 50% or greater (much greater IMO) of golfers chucking a Destroyer have no business with one anywhere but on a wall?

I watched at guy at doubles once chuck a Destroyer on a 318' hole, complain that it wasn't fading back when he rounded like mad AND threw it on an anny angle and ended up outside of circle 2.

Destroyers are sold because it Paul throws them, and were sold before because Avery threw them, or Anthon, or Brinster, etc.

Some discs are just good for about anyone. Roc, Buzzz, TeeBird, Zone, Harp, etc.

Destroyers, Nukes, Forces, XCals, etc, man, those are for a very few players.

Zeus, I feel all out of it. I always threw Destroyers because for me they went farther than any other disc in that class. How silly of me, if only I knew I should have been throwing the Force, which doesn't go as far for me.

Avery is still sponsored by Innova, and I don't think he has any intention of ever leaving. He still has the Star Teebird.

But no one throws Teebirds anymore. Especially not in star.

If Paul leaves Innova his game will start sucking?

But I thought it was already gone downhill?

Wow what a crazy long thread full of ... something? At any rate, Paul has always been total class. No reason for that to change now. If he's going to Discraft, what I would give to use satellite surveillance to find the field where he's throwing Forces, Cranks, Nukes, etc. And I wonder what he would do in that Teebird3 and Leopard3 speed range...

I'm sure by the time the Memorial comes around we'll see, at a minimum, a 5 disc series of McBeth designed mold's being produced under the Discraft banner.

I also think that Uli, Kevin Jones, and possibly Cat, end up under the Discraft umbrella as well.

Not to argue,but do you really think Cat will leave Prodigy? And if she did, would she follow Uli (and Val) to Discraft?

Profits tied up in stock.

Innova have a huge inventory of different products, lots coming in from China that they have to buy in bulk container loads months before they stand any chance of actually receiving cash for them. They are an expanding company. If they stopped production now and sold everything off you can bet they'd be sitting on a big pile of cash. As it is they will be investing that money in their own stockholding in order to supply their growing market.

At this time of year they'll have just received/be receiving lots of nice big payments from the summer sales in major retail outlets, so the bank balance will look good but they will be placing their 30% deposits with China factories and they'll be churning out huge amounts of discs now in readiness for the dealer rush in Jan/Feb. They'll expect 2019 to be bigger than 2018 so they will take the profits and churn them back into stock.

That's the big difference. With ultimate sales they can churn them out daily and ship them out daily and keep a comparative very low stockholding, actually seeing real life profits on them. They can react pretty quickly without having to tie their money up, potentially making them more cash rich despite a much smaller turnover. The only long term bulk buying they will have to do is allocating funds for plastics in that model (and this year I'd imagine some major mold costs and R and D in preparation for the big 2019) . in payment streams they'll also get paid up front by all clubs/teams/events buying stock of ultimate lids, they're not having to wait 90 days for the Walmart cheque to arrive or 60 days at a 2.5% discount

Imagine that over the last 10 years of incredible Ultimate growth. Each year they've been able to handle supply without really having to tie much more in the way of funds up to profit from it, they'd have been banking up some good cash reserves, I'd expect Innova to have reinvested most of their cash reserves in order to grow the inventory required to supply the growth.

I'd still prefer to be the owners of Innova at the moment with what is coming in this sport, they are market positioned and about to ride the wave. Discraft have a lot of spending to do now to get anywhere near their level in the Disc golf market.

Whatever happens it's exciting times for the sport.

Wait! You're telling me that Made In Rancho Cucamonga CA stamp on the bottom of my disc is a lie. NOOOOOO! Discs don't lie, throwers do.

"Look Billy Bob, that throw went 450 feet."

"No it didn't Jimmy Boy, it only went 210 feet, you old liar."

Not to argue,but do you really think Cat will leave Prodigy? And if she did, would she follow Uli (and Val) to Discraft?

That's what I'm thinking, that one of them will leave Prodigy just to get a little space between each other.

I remember the footage of the Worlds Mixed Doubles, I think last year? Cat and Uli vs Nate and Val. At the end, Uli comes over, gives Val and Nate a big congratulatory hug, then Cat comes up and it was a very curt handshake. That stuck out to me.

But no one throws Teebirds anymore. Especially not in star.

But I thought it was already gone downhill?

Wow what a crazy long thread full of ... something? At any rate, Paul has always been total class. No reason for that to change now. If he's going to Discraft, what I would give to use satellite surveillance to find the field where he's throwing Forces, Cranks, Nukes, etc. And I wonder what he would do in that Teebird3 and Leopard3 speed range...

Hi, my name is No One. Since I suspect there will be more than one of us No Ones, I call my self the #1 No One. I am a Teebird-aholic. I have a Star Teebird. Please don't tell my parents, they've always thought of me as a nice boy and I don't want them to know the truth.

That's what I'm thinking, that one of them will leave Prodigy just to get a little space between each other.

I remember the footage of the Worlds Mixed Doubles, I think last year? Cat and Uli vs Nate and Val. At the end, Uli comes over, gives Val and Nate a big congratulatory hug, then Cat comes up and it was a very curt handshake. That stuck out to me.

Um, Cat is kind of curt to everyone when she has her competition face on. And Uli is kind of open and outgoing in general.

I love how none of you could beat Rick so you just pick on his flaws elsewhere... I'm not the biggest Rick fan, but it is so clear that he has made a huge improvement in his public speaking throughout the years. I wouldn't want the cameras shoved in my face either.

It is correct that Ricky has made huge strides in public speaking. It is also correct that he will be interviewed at times, yes, he's one of our top faces, a great ambassador (yes, he's a nice guy) and that he should be. I would beg that he not be put in the uncomfortable position of being a commentator.

That means he'd be a fine face for Innova, but not a good commentator for Jomez. If I were Lat, I'd do everything to keep him. He is now the face of Lat and that move would hurt. My two cents.