• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

That's what I'm thinking, that one of them will leave Prodigy just to get a little space between each other.

I remember the footage of the Worlds Mixed Doubles, I think last year? Cat and Uli vs Nate and Val. At the end, Uli comes over, gives Val and Nate a big congratulatory hug, then Cat comes up and it was a very curt handshake. That stuck out to me.

Agree that Cat and Uli might well want to create some mutual distance. And in agreement with your point: when Val won her most recent world title, after clinching it on the island hole, Paige Pierce gave Val a hug, which got applause for the good sportsmanship. Cat looked like a tornado had just hit her house.

But Cat seems happier now that the personal issues are resolved. She seemed happier and played better this past year, and seemed to be friendlier with Paige P, as well.

Either Uli leaves or Cat leaves, not both.
Don't you keep up with the gossip?

Apparently not: I spent only five hours reading through this entire thread yesterday. :gross: :p ;)

Last edited:
Hi, my name is No One. Since I suspect there will be more than one of us No Ones, I call my self the #1 No One. I am a Teebird-aholic. I have a Star Teebird. Please don't tell my parents, they've always thought of me as a nice boy and I don't want them to know the truth.

Give these millennials a break. They buy crap because of the name on the disc, not the flight. Of course they don't buy teebirds.

(Proud bagger of 2 dx, 2 star, and 1 champ teebirds)

Come on, there always seems to be tension between Cat and the other top FPO players.

Which just says that you can't read anything into a curt interaction between her and Val.

BTW - Cat has substantially changed her personality this season. Whether that was a good thing, or in response to the whining here, some of it mine, I'll leave undiscussed. She seems to be having more fun. It didn't seem to hurt her game much, and yes, it was clear her game face gave her drive and motivation.

Give these millennials a break. They buy crap because of the name on the disc, not the flight. Of course they don't buy teebirds.

(Proud bagger of 2 dx, 2 star, and 1 champ teebirds)

What do you mean? I want to be big and strong like Avery. Throw Teebird go far.

...In reality I do bag a ton of discs that pro's I like throw because they fly similar lines for me albeit a class or two shorter, but the funny thing is none of them have the stock stamps with their names on them :\. Either happen to be pre-sig for those guys or weird stamps or discs that they throw a lot but don't have their name on officially. Of course I also have weird stuff that just flies good for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/9hfpf8/my_next_review_just_went_up_on_the_westside/

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. Danny on r/discgolf doing a "review" of a disc the company he works for makes.

The world of marketing has changed. You can no longer buy advertising space and place an ad. The target audience is too diverse and requires more consistent content than traditional print media offers. Additionally, traditional marketing channels have tested poorly among millennials.

The review (from Danny L) in question is a well-executed bit of marketing because it contains logical information coming from someone with known credibility on the topic. He is, of course biased, but that isn't really reflected in the review if you look at it objectively.

My point is I don't like being advertised to under the guise of normal forum interaction. Advertising on the disc golf Reddit is frowned upon. DD bypassed that by hiring a long time poster of that subreddit. Since he has been active for so long, and often engages in non advertisement conversation s, the mods let the discs reviews, which are nothing more than an advertisement, slide.

These things aren't binary... The disc review can be honest as well as promotional. Danny's review was logical, practical, and honest based on what the disc does. The test flights prove that.
This is the new world of marketing... Millennials 'don't like being advertised to' so the next best thing is to create content that is searchable online that will give facts about the product. I'm not saying you're a millennial, just that this is the new form of marketing, so you can expect to see more of this type of thing

Is any of this based on actual knowledge of Innova's business practices or is it rectally extracted?

Based on my tour of Innova East earlier this year, I suspect it is the latter...

Come on, there always seems to be tension between Cat and the other top FPO players.

Some folks just aren't social. Don't read too much into it. If the other FPO players have a problem with Cat, it is their problem, not Cat's. Personally, I'm not a social person either. Most people I have known for a long time think it is weird I'm not warmer to them, but it just isn't who I am. I have no problem with Cat's personality or on-course demeanor. She is who she is, which includes being pretty good at throwing frisbees...

With all the discussion that has been on fire the last couple days, speculation about the Beast's new discs, etc....I wonder if Innova is having any new reflection on just how big of an impact he could actually make elsewhere?

Paul doesn't sell discs... /s

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/sales-impact-of-paul-mcbeth-leaving-innova/

gPkUiD9.png

Hmmmm about half will try and flip them for $ and the other half will flex them on 250ft torquey FH lines.

Ehh I'd give them 225' if they are the first batch of 4x that came out like a speed 12 FAF Firebird.

Just wait a few years to hear about how those are the "good stable ones" and remember how they are actually bricks if you don't throw 450+.