• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Well in one case it was a million dollars over four years. Pretty sure that had a lot to do with it.

I think that the comments about PMB being under the impression that he was told/offered/supposed to have 7 signature discs and had only 3 or 4. Additionally the data being withheld about how many of his discs were actually sold and him having no way to verify he was being compensated properly had alot to do with it as well.

You can't count the krait either. That was ****ed up that did that to him. In sure that disc made him 10's of dollars smh

I have a feeling Discraft is going to promote the **** out of him. The milli was just the start

Latitude 64 CEO David Berglund just posted a statement on the Latitude 64 Facebook. Key part as relates to this thread...

Key part unrelated to the thread, and probably the most significant piece of manufacturing information disclosed in the industry to date...

Latitude 64 is producing at a 5 Sigma level.

If true, huge win for disc manufacturing! :clap:

I'd love to know deviation standards for the other big dawgs.

Key part unrelated to the thread, and probably the most significant piece of manufacturing information disclosed in the industry to date...

Do you mean 6sigma?

Can you explain this more, and why it's so important? (Plus I don't have FB and can't see what you're talking about)

It doesn't mean the discs will be more consistent, if that's what's beeing elluded to.

5S represents Japanese words that describe the steps of a workplace organization process. English equivalent words are shown in parenthesis

Seiri (Sort)
Seiton (Straighten, Set)
Seiso (Shine, Sweep)
Seiketsu (Standardize)
****suke (Sustain)
In simple terms, the five S methodology helps a workplace remove items that are no longer needed (sort), organize the items to optimize efficiency and flow (straighten), clean the area in order to more easily identify problems (shine), implement color coding and labels to stay consistent with other areas (standardize) and develop behaviors that keep the workplace organized over the long term (sustain).

Do you mean 6sigma?

No

5 S is a Lean thing pretty sure, not the same as 6 sigma

Incorrect. Lean manufacturing principles define the types of waste. Sigma levels define the deviation in different manufacturing KPIs.

5 Sigma is merely the level before 6 Sigma. It is possible to produce at 2 Sigma, 3 Sigma, 4 Sigma...

It doesn't mean the discs will be more consistent, if that's what's beeing elluded to.

5S represents Japanese words that describe the steps of a workplace organization process. English equivalent words are shown in parenthesis

Seiri (Sort)
Seiton (Straighten, Set)
Seiso (Shine, Sweep)
Seiketsu (Standardize)
****suke (Sustain)
In simple terms, the five S methodology helps a workplace remove items that are no longer needed (sort), organize the items to optimize efficiency and flow (straighten), clean the area in order to more easily identify problems (shine), implement color coding and labels to stay consistent with other areas (standardize) and develop behaviors that keep the workplace organized over the long term (sustain).

Ah, duly noted. To think a disc manufacturer would even attempt to produce at advanced Sigma levels...

So are they producing at 2.5 std dev on either sid of nominal? Or are they just "5S-ing" their shop? Maybe you mean they are taking a stab at SPC? More sigmas is not better...

You can't count the krait either. That was ****ed up that did that to him. In sure that disc made him 10's of dollars smh

You do understand he picked the Krait right?

McBeth did use the Krait at times and for certain situations and tournaments. He talked about it in an ITB video that was made right around the time of a Japan Open. That tourney died off, unfortunately, and McBeth eventually dropped the Krait, and Innova dropped it as a sig disc. Too bad, too; the Krait is a good disc. It coulda been a contendah, like what McBeth made the Nova into...

I thought rumor mill canon was that he picked the krait to prove that he could move any disc on the power of his name.

Really hoping for an ISO9001/Q1/TS16949 thread drift.

Don't think I saw this on here yet, but Eric Oakley signs a 3-year extension with DD.

Latest posts