• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

tenor.gif

Well that's my point - if you just take the naked words out of context you get a totally different meaning

He could have been saying, "Not overstable enough for the way I like to throw" for all we know.

Like I said, I don't remember the exact circumstances, I just remember hearing the same info. We're out on a limb here a bit because of that - but it's just stupid to continually roast a dude over his own reasons for taking control of his own career. They're his reasons, and unless they cause harm to other people, I really don't see the merit in dragging them.

I hate that you put me in a position to agree with you.

Ricky did well with Lat64 plastic yes, BUT I do think he was throwing higher lines a lot of the times especially for distance to account for the turn. I think I've heard commentators pick up on this too. Cant really remember what he was throwing when still with Prodigy (that was before Lat64, right?) Granted they had a stunted catalogue back then.

The point is that the disc doesn't have to be overstable to be a good fit for his power level. The Leopard3 is an understable disc that is a perfect fit for his power level. He throws some amazing lines with it. He never said that the entire DD lineup is flippy.

Josh Childs now leaving Latitude 64. All his friends and family are making Innova comments on his facebook page.

I know it's been mentioned, but man, if it wasn't for Paul moving to Discraft, the absolute story of this off-season would be all the shakeups at Lat 64 and their future.

Josh Childs now leaving Latitude 64. All his friends and family are making Innova comments on his facebook page.

I know it's been mentioned, but man, if it wasn't for Paul moving to Discraft, the absolute story of this off-season would be all the shakeups at Lat 64 and their future.

We were promised a crazy off-season. I'd say that was an accurate prediction.

Ricky did well with Lat64 plastic yes, BUT I do think he was throwing higher lines a lot of the times especially for distance to account for the turn. I think I've heard commentators pick up on this too. Cant really remember what he was throwing when still with Prodigy (that was before Lat64, right?) Granted they had a stunted catalogue back then.

He was throwing Innova when he was with Prodigy.

Latitude 64 CEO David Berglund just posted a statement on the Latitude 64 Facebook. Key part as relates to this thread...

Generation change
Yes. Going into 2019 we decided it was time for a generation change and that has been put into motion. While the manufacturers battle for top players has increased, what's expected of the players has also increased. To evaluate a player today you have to look at talent, social media skills, commercial mindset, interactions with people, being a role model. etc. It is a new world today compared to when you could just focus on playing.

Latitude 64 will continue to see the team as an important part of our business.

Of course the organizational changes as well as adding new skilled people has been a blast. I feel really strong moving forward, we have the right people in place to drive our company and the sport forward. I see how our great crew is evolving all the time. I know I need to get better to compliment them.

Finally I want to take the chance to let people speculate some more.

The biggest news for us has yet to be announced. Stay tuned for more news coming in early 2019.

To evaluate a player today you have to look at talent, social media skills, commercial mindset, interactions with people, being a role model. etc. It is a new world today compared to when you could just focus on playing.

Does this mean that Danny is going to lead them all?

As of right now, the big off season "losers" look like Lat64 and Innova. Now, I think that we will see Innova turn that somewhat around when a particular 2x champion makes his announcement, but that is just speculation currently. And I think that Lat64 just needed to scale back and re-assess their team plan and work on a new plan for 2020.

DD & Discmania have maintained their momentum.

Prodigy is a slight winner.

Discraft is a big winner.

Innova yesterday losing Hammes & Alex G are not big losses. Neither were national touring names. They didn't push much plastic, but it does just pile on to some perceptions from this year.

This has been a crazy off season, one that will go down in the record books for certain.

sorry for the most ignorant comment on this thread.

What is in it for the players? Funds and plastic?

What causes players to move from one sponsor to another?

I assume there is no clear answer to this question.

sorry for the most ignorant comment on this thread.

What is in it for the players? Funds and plastic?

What causes players to move from one sponsor to another?

I assume there is no clear answer to this question.

For most locally-based sponsored players, it's plastic and gear (bags, apparel, etc). There are some bonuses for tournament finishes too.

For the touring folks, it's becoming much more than that. It's not just plastic, it's money for entries, gas/travel, lodging, even straight salary. Anything and everything that allow them to make a living playing the game instead of getting a regular job.

Latest posts