• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 Tourney Vids

So is YouTube the only way to watch disc golf? If so, do they have a way to air them in real time? If not, how do you manage to not know who won prior to watching? Just curious.

So is YouTube the only way to watch disc golf? If so, do they have a way to air them in real time? If not, how do you manage to not know who won prior to watching? Just curious.

Youtube is pretty much it for disc golf videos. Some events air live (follow smashboxxtv and Disc Golf Pro Tour for those) but most are post-produced airing anywhere from hours to days/weeks after the event.

If you don't know who won and don't want to be spoiled, don't go looking for the results and don't follow any disc golf social media (players, brands, etc). Do the same thing you'd do if your favorite football/basketball/baseball/soccer/whatever team was playing a game that you couldn't watch live, but DVRed in order to watch later.

I don't know if I could watch a live event unless they were able to jump around covering multiple groups with multiple cameras. Disc golf is a lo-o-o-ong way from the coverage a PGA event gets. The time between throws and waiting at tee boxes would be excruciating. Crunching a round down to 50 minutes is the way to go.
It would be the same for a PGA event if the cameras followed a single group and nobody else a 4 to 5 hour round.
With disc golf there isn't much chance you will accidentally find out how a tournament or round went unless you "go looking" as JC17393 said.

The live chat used to be a great way to fill in the down time but the more people they get in there the worse it gets. People are so ridiculously lame in the crap they come with, or they endlessly whine about who is or isn't on the live card. Then you have the intentionally stupid trolls and with the increased viewership, we even started to get some of the spam bots there towards the end of last year...

I spend almost as much time waiting for the block button to pop up as I do watching the golf...:|

I don't know if I could watch a live event unless they were able to jump around covering multiple groups with multiple cameras. Disc golf is a lo-o-o-ong way from the coverage a PGA event gets. The time between throws and waiting at tee boxes would be excruciating. Crunching a round down to 50 minutes is the way to go.
It would be the same for a PGA event if the cameras followed a single group and nobody else a 4 to 5 hour round.
With disc golf there isn't much chance you will accidentally find out how a tournament or round went unless you "go looking" as JC17393 said.

That's a good point. Ball golf is only watchable because they can switch to so many different cameras.

I would watch the everliving hell out of a shonen anime featuring the on-again off-again romantic wacky adventures of a love triangle between Eagle, Simon, and Paul.

Yikes......I'll stick to watching curling or rugby.

Yay, something to watch that won't mention coronavirus... hopefully.

Latest posts