2024 Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open

With the calm conditions the later round guys had, I'm surprised we didn't see some -15 type rounds.

The hard charging spin putters may want to reevaluate their strategy on some of these greens.

With the calm conditions the later round guys had, I'm surprised we didn't see some -15 type rounds.

The hard charging spin putters may want to reevaluate their strategy on some of these greens.

With the low wind, I'm shocked how many shot over -4/-5. It seems like there are just enough "keep you on your toes" holes. … and roll ways.

Yeah, almost all the top T3 or better guys (8 of them) missed 2-3 c1 putts and some only made 0-1 c2s. Couple that with a rollaway or two and a few unfortunate OBs and we could've totally had some -13 to -14.

But then again, those sorts of rounds are outliers, the TD mentioned in an interview that pre-2023 the course record was -14 by GG from back in 2018 and that there were no -13s and only a few -12s.

1044 from Kristin. . wow
Maybe she wants to hit 1000 more than she's letting on? 🤔

So much fun to watch her play and she's such a class act...not that I can really say anything negative about any of the top 20 or so FPO players.

It's great that the FPO field has so much depth, especially from Europe (4 of the top 10 after Rd 1).

Even without Kristin, it's pretty common to see some Europeans finishing in the top 10 FPO. Kristin's pushing the field to step their games up, just to be in contention.

Last edited:
Kristin is to the FPO what Mcbeth was to the MPO 10 yrs ago. you have to have a complete physical game along with an adult attitude and mental fortitude to win.
personally i really like Holyn Handleys game and Ohns antics make for an enjoyable watch. i now look forward to watching the edited FPO as much as MPO.

Not a huge field in FPO..but still.....
Paige P in T18
Missy in T21
Cat in T22
Hokom in T31

And they are WAAY behind. .

Kristin is to the FPO what Mcbeth was to the MPO 10 yrs ago. you have to have a complete physical game along with an adult attitude and mental fortitude to win.
personally i really like Holyn Handleys game and Ohns antics make for an enjoyable watch. i now look forward to watching the edited FPO as much as MPO.
Kristin is a lot like Paul was at the beginning of in 2014:

2x World Champ
The dominant player in the sport.
Favorite to win basically every event they enter.
Poised to win #3.

Perhaps the most amazing stat in Paul's book:
from 2012 - 2022, he won World's 6x, and finished 2nd the other four. For a full decade, he literally was THE player you had to beat to be World Champion.

Kristin's few years of dominance has been (and continues to be) remarkable, but is not quite yet on the same level as Paul's decade. She'd have to keep this going for at least another 3+ years to be in the same chapter of that book.

I wouldn't bet against her doing it, but pardon me if I don't think she's there...yet.

Just my 2¢.

Last edited:
Feels like Kristin looses her motivation to play well when she has a big lead . .

Anoying to hear the comentators think this is a battle for 1st . . it´s not

I was hoping for Simon but 3 missed C1 putts in the first 5 holes destroyed his chanses

Is everyone happy with the spit-outs (Calloway, Buhr, Wysocky, etc), and they were bad putts? I saw great putts spit out regularly. Is this the putting difficulty disc golf needs? Yes, I am being facetious. Calloway was robbed on on island 16. Of course he needed inbounds on 18…

Unless we're talking the characteristics of specific basket brands or literal holes in the bottom, the only possible metric of a good enough putt is whether it stays in or not.

Is everyone happy with the spit-outs (Calloway, Buhr, Wysocky, etc), and they were bad putts? I saw great putts spit out regularly. Is this the putting difficulty disc golf needs? Yes, I am being facetious. Calloway was robbed on on island 16. Of course he needed inbounds on 18…
The worst was Calloway's dead center putt from about 15'. The one's I saw from Buhr were either really fast and high chains or off center. Would be nice to have them catch, but no travesty of justice. Buhr needs to tone down his outrage-not a good look for his "brand", lol.

I've been playing on Mach X's for the last six or so months, and they get my vote for the all around best basket. I've not played on the Lat 64 baskets (I assume that's what was on Jonesboro). They seem a lot like the Veteran's I've played on.

Last edited:
As soon as they start saying how lucky they were to have a basket catch a putt that had no business ever landing in the basket (which happens probably twice as often as spit outs or putts through the chains) I'll have some sympathy for them. Calloway's putt was unfortunate, but two of Buhr's putts were high and another wide.

I think Gannon's annoyance is understandable and just part of his character. Players showing emotion is fine if it stays within the lines.

Some of those spits and misses had to be wind-aided. I saw some putts that deflected off the chains and would likely have ended up in the tray had they dropped relatively straight down.

But that wind was unpredictable and strong enough to push falling putters outside the cylinder of the basket.

Last edited:
DD Veterans, no? The chains sound like a kid dumping a box of legos on the floor.
Not 100% sure, but I think Westside uses the Latitude 64 ProBasket Elite (whish is very similar to DD Patriot basket platform) with their own band wraps. Very similar construction only the Lat 64 ProBasket Elites uses a dual row of 14 lighter galvanized chains each to give a "softer" catch. In pictures from the event they look a lot like ProBasket Elites, but could very well be re-wrapped and colored Veterans (but the cage looks slightly different). From my personal experience with the ProBasket Elites and Patriots locally, they do not handle high velocity putts well as the chains have a lot of give to them. But they do catch a lot of sloppy Am side and Pro side softer putts that otherwise shouldn't have caught on other baskets. We have some Veterans locally too, and they catch better than the Patriots/ProBasket Elites (but still aren't great at handling harder putts right on the pole themselves and have their own issues due to lighter chains with a lot of give in the design of the top of the basket).