2024 Texas States presented by Lone Star Discs

adlacro

Cubic Zirconium Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Ricky Wysocki has won this event pretty much every year he's played it...think he wins again?

Discuss below...

Watched an FPO practice session on YT and am expecting some really low scores on the FPO side. I think the big arms who have been struggling on the tight courses will have an advantage here, but of course a lot will depend on Kristin's health and Ohn's hot putting.

Apparently Cupcake missed his first six holes so can't wait for all the "takes too long to putt and drive" jokes.

On a separate but serious note, these first few courses on tour are just so forgettable.

It creates no intrigue for me as a viewer and I literally forget who wins each week because the DGPT tournaments all look the same so far.

The move to capture spectator dollars will be one of the reasons that people stop caring about a significant amount of DGPT Events.

Apparently Cupcake missed his first six holes so can't wait for all the "takes too long to putt and drive" jokes.

On a separate but serious note, these first few courses on tour are just so forgettable.

It creates no intrigue for me as a viewer and I literally forget who wins each week because the DGPT tournaments all look the same so far.

The move to capture spectator dollars will be one of the reasons that people stop caring about a significant amount of DGPT Events.
Olympus (Da Canyon) definitely doesn't look like anything else. Other than that I tend to agree with you.

I do really like the MPO course, but that may just be because I loved watching Calvin absolutely shred it last year. We'll see after this weekend.

Everyone is finished except the last group - they have 4 holes yet to play. Does anyone know why they are so far behind? (wink, wink)

Olympus (Da Canyon) definitely doesn't look like anything else. Other than that I tend to agree with you.

Yes, thank you, fair point on Olympus.

Hopefully we can find our sport moving to disc golf specific private venues with iconic designs.

I know ball golf has some stinkers mixed in with their amazing venues/tournaments, so maybe we just take the bad with the good.

Not that it matters in a practical sense but it appears he got off the hook for the "not there 5 minutes ahead of time" 2 stroke penalty. IMO it should still apply as the 2 items (not there 5 in advance and not there for holes once play began) are not co-synchronous. (Of course I also believe that at the Tour level there should be no par +4, just DQ.)

Not that it matters in a practical sense but it appears he got off the hook for the "not there 5 minutes ahead of time" 2 stroke penalty. IMO it should still apply as the 2 items (not there 5 in advance and not there for holes once play began) are not co-synchronous. (Of course I also believe that at the Tour level there should be no par +4, just DQ.)
The rules state that when 2 rules apply, the rule with the most penalty strokes apply.

I would be against a DQ for a person missing a hole or holes once play begins.
A player missing 1 or 2 holes could still get back into the mix and possibly win or win money at the very least.
If a player arrives late due to an emergency situation or vehicle problems or something similar, I think they should be allowed to play. I would guess the most common reason is "my alarm didn't go off" or something like that, but even so, 4 strokes per hole is enough of a penalty.

Strange up and down scores in FPO. .MANY of the top players from R1 having "not so great" R2s. .
Tattar is on fire and out of the Blue the Norwegian players are beating the finnish stars.
Half of the Top 10 are Euro players at the moment. .

I was hoping to see Aderhold on the lead card today, but he just missed out. He will definitely be on it for the final round.
I can't remember him being on the lead card more than once or twice so it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

The rules state that when 2 rules apply, the rule with the most penalty strokes apply.

I would be against a DQ for a person missing a hole or holes once play begins.
A player missing 1 or 2 holes could still get back into the mix and possibly win or win money at the very least.
If a player arrives late due to an emergency situation or vehicle problems or something similar, I think they should be allowed to play. I would guess the most common reason is "my alarm didn't go off" or something like that, but even so, 4 strokes per hole is enough of a penalty.
I see the missing of the hole as occurring as much as 5 minutes after the failing to show up beforehand so not the same event. My opinion however is not shared by the PDGA so he was penalized correctly.

At the Tour level I absolutely believe that failing to play a hole should be a DQ ragardless of reason. A round is however many holes it was defined as beforehand- failing to complete it should be the end of a player's event. The fact that they could miss a hole or 2 and still get "back in the mix" is patently unfair to those players showing up for all holes. These people are "professionals." What does traditional golf do?

I see the missing of the hole as occurring as much as 5 minutes after the failing to show up beforehand so not the same event. My opinion however is not shared by the PDGA so he was penalized correctly.

At the Tour level I absolutely believe that failing to play a hole should be a DQ ragardless of reason. A round is however many holes it was defined as beforehand- failing to complete it should be the end of a player's event. The fact that they could miss a hole or 2 and still get "back in the mix" is patently unfair to those players showing up for all holes. These people are "professionals." What does traditional golf do?
That does make sense. A player could be at their tee on time and not be able to play the hole (forgot their bag?).

In the PDGA you recieve a 2 stroke penalty if you are less than 5 minutes late for your tee time and you are DQ'ed if you are more than 5 minutes late.

Latest posts