• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

300g disc?

This has been discussed in the past and the general consensus was that it is entirely detrimental to your game. Distance is created with snap, not muscle strength. Look at Will Schusterick. The kid is a bean pole but he drives further and more accurately than pretty much everyone on this forum. Adding weight will simply throw off your timing, encourage strong arming, and increase your chances of injuring yourself practicing.

it's not necessarily all about strength, even though the disc may weigh more. with a weighted golf club, you aren't swinging it for strength. you're swinging it to loosen the muscles up and make the motion of the swing feel more effortless. in turn, that can result in more distance i suppose.

but two wizards being so heavy does seem interesting. i'm sure it too could make the putting motion feel more free and fluid after some practice putts. maybe even teach not to float putts quite so much? i could see practicing with these, adjusting and then blowing a few over the basket during a round adjusting back to regular weights. who knows...

HPIM4776.jpg

You could try the snap band.

I couldn't find much online for them so they might not be made anymore. Here's some info about them: http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/snapband

these are made and produced by Disc Nation. We are currently out of stock and looking to improve the product before we release more

these are made and produced by Disc Nation. We are currently out of stock and looking to improve the product before we release more

I can't be sure, but it looks like a great way to send a disc flying straight back towards your face. =X

I can't be sure, but it looks like a great way to send a disc flying straight back towards your face. =X

its actually a great way to build the muscle memory. We are still trying to work out a few kinks that cause nose up/down issues based on the band direction. For the most part I have yet to encounter anyone who has popped themselves

As has been stated earlier you can find heavy discs. Look at some old lightning roller discs, those things are normally 200g+ and they are cheap.

One thing that was alluded to was warming up your shoulder. Look up the 7 min. rotator cuff solution exercises, I started doing this years ago and trust me it helps. You can easily do it with a few discs in your hand and they are simple arm motion exercises. I normally use a 5lb dumbbell to do these when working out at the gym and trust me it saves my shoulder. This also helps develop the tendon and ligaments in your elbow which will help you in the long term if you do multiple sets of these.

If your trying to work on strength, I think the best thing you could get are those forearm exercisers that you squeeze. It will increase your hand and forearm strength considerably and probably help you develop more snap over time.

Being big and strong doesn't mean your gonna be able to throw far, I'm a living example of that, the furthest I could drive is 400ft on a terrific day and I'm built like a linebacker. My buddy that's more than half my size and is a bean pole huk's drives much much further than me and he couldn't bench press 175lbs if his life depended on it.

It's really all about form and snap to get good distance