• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

34th annual wintertime open

i didn't shoot too well for my second tournament but that course is damn hard! and i didn't have an umbrella on saturday which didn't help oh well theres always another tourney

I believe you are correct, hence his sales speech after winning.

"The Arroyo car handled like a dream even in these rough conditions and my Arroyo pit crew were doin' miracles for me today, the only thing that coulda made this win any better would be more Arroyo Vortex technology in use at the local tracks, boogity boogity ding-dang ka-chow"

Great course, had a good time playing in the event, looking forward to next year. Was lucky to make it to the final 9, with a 4 way tie for 3rd going in. Looking to see if anyone got video of my almost ace on the lake hole during the final 9!

Damn, 6 people in the final 9?
Never that many every year I went, looked like you had a solid 1st round John. How was the weather, did you guys play the old Indian grounds holes up top like last year?

Anyone know who won today?
I think it was rico, philo, and mcbeth in final...saw a pic on foolbook

Looks like McBeth posted on Facebook that he just got his first W of the year. He's gonna be a tough guy to beat this year with his sick distance and no fear putting. Plus he posts on here every now and then, nice job PMcBeth!

Looking to see if anyone got video of my almost ace on the lake hole during the final 9!

That was one hell of a throw. I don't remember seeing anyone taping it, but if you find one you need to post that video. Just a bit higher and that would have been in.

Despite the rain that was a great tournament, I love the tourney layout. I totally wasted my time playing the regular course layout to prepare, but next time I'll be ready.

That was one hell of a throw. I don't remember seeing anyone taping it, but if you find one you need to post that video. Just a bit higher and that would have been in.

Coming down the hill I bumped into a guy in the gallery, his name was Johnny B, a local, and he said he got it on tape. He was going to post it on ogdcg.org, but haven't seen it. Would be awesome to see it again.

Latest posts