• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

421' with decent evidence .. lol

drickanderson

Double Eagle Member
Ok, so I went out at lunch today to try and get one out to 400' again, but everybody at work was too busy to go with me. This video was the second one I recorded, after recording myself warming up (admitedly hoping to get one out there while warming up). I realize that you can't see the disc flight, but after I threw it, a guy ran out and asked me what kind of disc it was that I had thrown. He was a mental health counselor at the park with some other people, so I asked him if he would testify to the fact. He was really nice about it all.

The video is HORRIBLE. I was using my Blackberry 8320, but hopefully you can see enough of my form when I throw it. It's the 174g Pro Katana that I ripped out there last time.

Here's the actual throw (including my backpack malfunction):

and a picture of where the disc landed:

29nhvk0.jpg

and here is the disc, looking back at the large tree that I threw it from (the biggest one in the middle):

10eoc2t.jpg

and the eye witness account (nice guy):

and finally, the measurement:

2ljssh4.jpg

Hopefully that's enough evidence, given the fact that I had a crappy camera on me. If not, then I'll just have to do it again .. (awww shucks) .. lol

Your testimonial didn't work, says there was an error.

Edit: Is now, nevermind.

Oh and nice work by the way. Congrats.

Last edited:
Hrmmm .. what's the error? It's working ok for me, so it might be a permissions issue.

Edit: I just checked it and it says it's public, with 6 views already .. interesting.

i will discuss the matter with the IFOBG...but dont get your hopes up. thats really poor quality vid. i cant tell what your release angle looked like. i like your power grip though.:)

Hrmmm .. what's the error? It's working ok for me, so it might be a permissions issue.

Edit: I just checked it and it says it's public, with 6 views already .. interesting.

It worked, just had to try a couple times. Maybe a bandwidth thing or just another mystery of the internet.

My new goal is to become a member of the IFOBG, but with a teebird. None of those fancy new fangled thingy ma whats

... dont get your hopes up. ...

Nah .. I'm just having fun now that I'm getting discs out there that far. All this did was convince me that it was something I could replicate.

Now I want to try a Destroyer ... I have a 150g DX that I can get out there a decent ways, but it's WAY too light.

i would think big guns would be 500+

if anything though, i would also think a 400+ club would be for people who hit it consistently on the course, not out in a field once in a awhile

I think "Clubs" for distances are silly and the guy should be able to just enjoy his distance. Obviously sounds pretty excited about it.

WTG DRick! Hopefully I can join you in the "Just happy I can throw this far" club here soon.