• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet

To get an invitiation complete the poll

• Total voters
Too early for me too, but like everyone else ... I want to :thmbup: (I wouldn't be able to commit until I've seen syllabi for my classes for fall semester)

UGA is playing in Knoxville that weekend, so no home football game to miss.

SECO is the weekend before at the IDGC, so no conflict there.

That would probably be a huge help in convincing the wife. Anyone want to pick a brother up from the airport?

If I come, I'll pick you up :D ... IF I come ... and cabin is intriguing to me too

the only hole that to me is just out of place is the short straight downhiller before you cross the creek.

is 12 the one with the creek on the right and it finishes up the hill? i like that hole. i rolled a FB all the way up that bitch.

that short straght down hill shot is hole 13, which is right after hole 12 and yes the one with the ob fense left and ob creek right. Not surprisingly MTL says it's a bad hole. :wall:

Lake Anna State park camping area is real nice. Highly recommend it... but don't miss the camp fire at the course saturday night.

Crap, camping. I don't think that would work well being an out-of-towner that has to fly in.

That's why these are awesome.

There are of course, cheaper non-rei versions..

Whats the weather like up there that time of year? Buggy? Humid? Hot? Etc...

Anyone have a non-discer they're bringing? Might help the cause of some of us other married folk...

Last edited:
That's why these are awesome.

There are of course, cheaper non-rei versions..

Whats the weather like up there that time of year? Buggy? Humid? Hot? Etc...

Anyone have a non-discer they're bringing? Might help the cause of some of us other married folk...

I had one of those. I used it once, and got rid of it. I have a really bad back, and that thing made it feel awful the next day.

I have a spare tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, ect.

One group slep in a barn one year.

I might take you up on that, Rube. I need to do a bit of smooth talking to get the wife on board. I tend to take a lot of man trips, much to her dismay.

yea the enos aren't the best ones for your back, you have to know how to set it up and lay in it. the best ones are the mayan style ones where you lay perpindicular. you lay more flat, those are actually better for your back than most beds.

yea the enos aren't the best ones for your back, you have to know how to set it up and lay in it. the best ones are the mayan style ones where you lay perpindicular. you lay more flat, those are actually better for your back than most beds.

Oh, really? I'll have to check it out.

I tweaked my back the day after I got back from Flyboy, and haven't been able to play since. Perhaps, that will help.

I might take you up on that, Rube. I need to do a bit of smooth talking to get the wife on board. I tend to take a lot of man trips, much to her dismay.

can you email me what you said to get your wife to agree so I know what to say to mine...

can you email me what you said to get your wife to agree so I know what to say to mine...

lol....will do, man. I have a feeling it will involve a gift or two.

I dropped a hint last night, while also telling her that I'm going to take a man-cation in Mexico. She didn't sound thrilled.

lol....will do, man. I have a feeling it will involve a gift or two.

I dropped a hint last night, while also telling her that I'm going to take a man-cation in Mexico. She didn't sound thrilled.

oh man I think you're going to have to buy a separate ticket for each one of your balls.

Seriously considering this, but it's a 580 mile / 10 hour drive. :\

Pack the car Thu and I leave work Fri at 3PM: arrive about 1AM... and have to set up a tent. May be able to scoot at noon, arrive 10'ish.
Leave about 2PM Sun to make it home by midnight.

So the question is, "Do I really want to spend 20 hours driving to m̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ er, uh... play 3 rounds?"

Saturday Morning: Singles round
Saturday Afternoon: Best shot doubles round (partners chosen by singles round scores)
Saturday Night: kumbayah's round the camp fire.
Sunday Morning: Random doubles round

Would like to squeeze at least one round at Sunnyside or Darkside while I'm there... :\

Not many places to hang a hammock on the farm, unless you want to sleep on the course with the cattle.

Indeed, if I recall these were pretty much the only trees near the camping area.
Camp.jpg

Seriously considering this, but it's a 580 mile / 10 hour drive. :\

Pack the car Thu and I leave work Fri at 3PM: arrive about 1AM... and have to set up a tent. May be able to scoot at noon, arrive 10'ish.
Leave about 2PM Sun to make it home by midnight.

So the question is, "Do I really want to spend 20 hours driving to uh... play 3 rounds?"

:) If you eat your wheaties....you can play at blockhouse in the evening saturday. Those courses don't take as long to play as HH does. But it takes a rare individual to ask for more after 2 rounds of HH. :popcorn: