• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A fun little game

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
My wife and I took our daughter to the park to play after filming my wife do some drives and so we wouldn't be bored I grabbed the lightning U-2 out of the trunk so we could play catch.

I came up with a little accuracy game.

The playground had a swingset that had 8 swings and 5 support bars, they were about 4' apart and came to an upsidedown U at the top.

Sumtin' like this:

Code:
                                                X-me                X-her
|          O                   O                 O                  O                  O
|          
|             swing swing          swing swing         swing swing        swing swing
|
|          O                   O                 O                  O                  O

So I drew a line in the mulch about 10' from the swingset from the left and the goal was to see how far down that tunnel with maybe 18" on either side you could get before going out. Hitting chain or pole was fine as long as the disc stayed in.

For about 10 throws I couldn't get past the 2nd pole and my wife jumped out to the 6th swing on her first throw!!

I eventually got to the 3rd pole and she got past the swing to the 4th pole.

I bet doing this every day would make you pretty confident in tunnel shots.

Last edited:
cool game man. i like non traditional ways to practice. helps break up the monotony of practicing.

I'll just stick to my routine of carrying two large buckets of water on my shoulders as I march up and down the steps of my local Buddhist Monastery, thank you very much.

Already do that here on tuesday and thursday:
1439073967_a24bbdc398.jpg

Sure, its a Hindu temple but it really is in my town (and freaking amazing too)

This sounds fantastic! I bet with all the different swing sets around the country, you could develop all sorts of interesting shots, games. Especially for those who do not have a course near enough to play as much as they would like.

Great idea! I enjoy, and will try!

Yeah, it's even harder when kids are swinging:eek:

But, you get extra points for not hitting them in the head...or is it the other way around:rolleyes:

Holy Vishnu, that temple is awesome. You need to hit it up on Halloween for some Krishna candy.

Latest posts