• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

a.k.'s new bag

a.k.

Bogey Member
Years playing/experience: just over one year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH and FH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: pyscho: 250/270'; roc: 300/330'; boss: 430-450'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: none
Other sport proficiencies?: Ball golf, weight lifting, basketball
Additional Information: in graduate school to be a doctor
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: it work's very well and is simple.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Want to learn a consistent and effective BH
Immediate and long-term goals: I would like to get more consistent from day to day, more accurate but that comes with learning to aim with the body, and learn how to throw a good anhyzer shot

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
171 pro boss(beat) big hyzer flips, anhyzers max d down wind
169 star boss(used) main max D driver can be put on many lines.
175 star boss (newish) max D in the wind driver
171 p pd (used) flippy pd
175 s pd x 2 (newish) main drivers can power down well
171 S FR pd (used) head wind pd more overstable than the others
175 dx cheetah (beat) flippy utility disc
175 z pred (newish) big winds and hyzers
Mids:
180 dx roc going to beat this one in
180 kc pro x 2 (new and used) new for head winds and one beat to straight
180 star gator (new) big headwinds and FH mid
Putters:
175 d pyscho's (beat) main putters as of now
(on way) 175 kc pro aviar's for main putting and hyzer driving

any thoughts?
175 SS Wizard, (beat) - main putter

Someone's done their homework, nice.

The Pred may beat in a bit to overlap your FR PD, depending on how much you throw either. To build consistency/accuracy, might want to work on the hit back a la the "Driving with Beto" vid. Slowing down or minimizing a run up can work wonders but can be frustrating at first.

Brother Dave is right.Slowing down is a must.

Slowing down can help bring everything together and it helps with staying accurate and developing consistent distance.

KC Pro's are really nice as putters.I used them for years.I've messed around with Wizards since they first came out,but the Wizards are now my main putters.

hey thanks guys,
yeah i've seen those before, I think it's because I haven't gotten a lot of time to play lately with school and stuff. but yeah I like wizards except finding the ones i like so that is why I am trying the kc's. and slowing down is one of the things I have been working on trying to achieve more spin with my wider rimmed drivers is tough with little hands though ha

yeah, and didn't really find them to be that much different, but they do alternate depending on what I am feeling that day.

Mids:
178 z Buzz- just added it for dead straight shots
Putters:
175 kc pro aviars
Took out the bosses since I hardly ever throw them and usually I can get a pd to the basket anyway.
Any thoughts on the bag?

Pretty solid. I'd maybe find a good stiff, flat top Roc to take the place of the Buzzz if you want to go hardcore mold minimalism. There's a really overstable variety of C-PDs floating around out there (I know the very first C-PDs were one, Asia Open stamp I think) that would be an option vs the FR PD and/or the Pred.

175 Star destroyer max D hyzers
170 pro destroyer beat

Mids:
Putters:
175 Wizards, took all the putters out today and these were the ones who came away victorious for overall driving, putting, and approaching.

Any thoughts on the bag?

I personally never found a beat DX Cheetah to be good for much. How do you utilize it, and how often do you throw it? I'm sure it depends on the level of "beatness" as well as how it's thrown, but just fooling around out in the field I could never seem to keep them in the air--they always want to flip and roll. I've recently picked up some DX XDs for hyzer flips, and rather than flipping and rolling out, they flip and glide right (RHBH). I know XDs aren't going to get the distance of a (newer) Cheetah, but I like them for approaches up to 250'. For a little more distance than the XD has, I throw a DX Stingray. Sick disc with a nice turn, and with a little snap, it'll glide and finish right right out of the box.

Stick with the wizards & destroyers. They are both disc i couldn't see myself playing without. I carry multiples of each all in different weights/plastics. Try and stick with 6-8 different disc, but carry multiples of each. Get rid of that DX-Cheetah & get a Teebird.

haha lots of dx cheetah hate... but yeah I thought of going to dx gazelles after this chetah gets to the point of no return which it is pretty close

alright havent updated in a while some changes

Drivers
Destroyers- Star(stable) and pro(beat)
Pd's-2x S line, most used drivers, p-line(understable)
Predator- Z line overstable
FD- S line, trying to work it in
Mids
Roc's- 1 dx (beating up) 2 Kc Pro(one beat one new)
Gator- Star overstable
Md2- c line trying these out again

Putters
wizards- organic for putting, softs for driving
pyschos- d line, trying these out again for winter play (hoping to move to all psychos once the p line come out and my wizards are too abused for play)

just checking in... thining about adding an axis and a vector to try out... went back to ion for putting, just did not like flicking the wizard and They don't hold up too well after a couple of tree hits which is frustrating. thoughts? (everything is still the same minus the md2 is gone)

Destroyers- Star(stable) and pro(beat) i think i need to add another destroyer, the pro took a huge tree hit yesterday and is almost uncontrollable.

Pd's-2x S line, most used drivers, p-line(understable)
Predator- Z line overstable

Mids
Eclipse Vector- friend is letting me use this, love it so far
Roc's- 1 dx (beating up) 1 Kc Pro(one beat one new)
Gator- Star overstable

Putters
med. ion
soft anode

haven't checked in for a while some changes
Drivers:
S-Pd's x3 my main driver
Z-pred- overstable
S-td understable
Mid's
elcipse axis
eclipse vector
Beat dx roc-undrstable/security blanket while i learn the mvp products
Putters
anode-main putter/ straight to understable putter throws
ion- hyzer putter throws that need to finish left
organic wizard- for early morning rounds when it's wet

I feel like my bag is pretty solid right now, I took out the really highspeed drivers because I have lost some of my snap and am working on regaining it

update: going to a slower bag for the winter.
Drivers:
z-predator-overstable
2 s-pds-longest disc in the bag
1 s-td- long turnovers
Star teebird- main driver for now
Star TL- shorter turnovers
Mids:
dx roc- beat/understable roc
3xkc roc new to straight
Putters
3 wizards

Response

I like the bag set up. I used to throw wizards for driving and in the circle puts but didn't like the feel of them in my hand. The ion for me flies and putts similar and feels better in the hand. keep throwing and congrats on med school

Alright got out to throw today for the first time in a while... played pretty good had a few almost aces but didn't keep score though.
Max D
Blizzard destroyer 157- about 25 feet longer than all my other drivers
Pro destroyer-175 flippy turns with very slight fade at the end if any
Star destroyer 175- beat in perfectly stable
Champ destroyer 173- overstable destroyer
Drivers
Z-pred 175 overstable/wind duties
S-PD- straight to overstable flight
S-PD same as above but straighter
S-TD-controlled turnovers
Star Teebird- through it in to help get the kinks out
Mids
Eclipse Axis 178 perfectly straight no movement unless it's slight hyzer/ anyhyzer love this disc
2XMD2 straight with fade at the end
Eclipse vector-overstable
Star gator- more used as an overstable putter, stuff the vector isn't overstable enough for
Putters
Ion slightly overstable/windy day putter
Anode-main putter/straight drives

I'd love to get down to multiples of the MVP discs, but I am a little low on cash at the time being...

It has been a minute but am done with school and getting back into disc golf. Spent 3 weeeks getting my form back which is nice. I am throwing forehand and backhand pretty equally depending on the shots.
Aviars- 300-320; Rocs 330-360; Destroyer 425-460

Champion Destroyer-Slightly overstable driver
Star Destroyer- Stable(can turn it over if needed)

Firebird
S-PD; Straight to fade
S-PD 1st run- more fade at the end than over
P-PD- turnover shots

4 Rocs new to straight
Axiom theory- understable untill roc beats in
Proto prodigy M1- using until I lose it replacing with a gator (seems to be more versatile)

Aviars (dx, star PnA)
Kc Aviar -main putter/overstable thrower

I would like to add in some speed 7 fairway drivers but I do not know what ones will fill in the bag the best.