• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Actual reasons or legit complaints about Salient

Is Yikun that bad to deal with or it is just that they sell discs to Salient and are somewhat in bed with Salient?

pretty sure salient was molding for them, so theyre I guess all the way in bed?

Pretty sure it's the other way around. Yikun does some molding for salient as well as letting salient sell yikun molds that have been rebranded by salient.

13230212_1010799625655497_2275773688212947581_n.jpg

13227048_10103262703158680_8578195101442145364_n.jpg

Is Yikun that bad to deal with or it is just that they sell discs to Salient and are somewhat in bed with Salient?

Eric and the Yikun team are a delight, just the fact that they are in China makes it difficult. But it's sad that they partnered with Salient because some of their molds are actually very good.

Salient just restamps some of their discs, the Yikun tooling is even still on most of them.

I'm not going to blast Salient, but I wish Yikun the best and hope they are able to separate themselves from this mess in time.

I'm glad I didn't buy any of their garbage in the first place. It's bad enough I'm forced to buy certain things made in China but NEVER my disc golf discs! USA!!!!!

Eric and the Yikun team are a delight, just the fact that they are in China makes it difficult. But it's sad that they partnered with Salient because some of their molds are actually very good.

Salient just restamps some of their discs, the Yikun tooling is even still on most of them.

I'm not going to blast Salient, but I wish Yikun the best and hope they are able to separate themselves from this mess in time.

That is what I thought. I love the Yikun Wings. It is such a unique mold. The closest thing I have found to it is a Condor (except the Wings fits in a bag and doesn't roll as well). I have pulled it from my bag twice and I won't be doing that again. I just wish it was made in better plastic. I want to try a couple other Yikun discs.

Both of their more OS Drivers the Jun and Da'E are very good as well as the Yao midrange. They made a Phoenix line Wings for Salient, which I have sold to a lot of people and they loved it. Hopefully they will run more in the future under their own label.

I've though of just making a bulk order for myself, but with international shipping I just don't want to get stuck with 50 discs I don't need.

To get the Prometheus to fly right you have to chain it to a rock and have an Innova Eagle tear out its kidneys.

:):)

This is great info for newbies like me. I had not idea about any of this. Nice to know that the community is looking out, so that those new to the sport don't get ripped off by unscrupulous companies like Salient, apparently.

I was in from the beginning of the Promethues. I was jacked when the got released and picked one up right away to see it improve my distance game. I tried it and gave my honest review. Then I ha Kilgus and someone else jump on here and just start bashing me for giving the disc a bad review and calling it a novelty. Since then I have been against them 100%

Latest posts