• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AED's on the course?

...I don't plan to quit living just to stay alive...

That is a great line. As another guy working on his second half-century, I agree 100%.

I also agree with others who have suggested that one of the best things we can do for other people is to learn, and re-learn, CPR and First Aid. Low percentage that CPR will help, but it can work. My "patient" lived, is still alive, and it is a really great feeling to know that you saved (or could save) someone's life. Next best would be knowing that you did all you could to help.

I know of one person who had a heart attack on the course---a non-disc-golfer, walking the trails at Reedy Creek during the 2012 Worlds---and was saved because 3 or 4 players knew and provided CPR. (The full story is long and heroic).

I'm laughing about how stupid it would be to put one of these at every course, even the popular ones. How many people would it save? My guess would be maaaaybe one person over a 5 year span, while simultaneously breaking the budget for most courses.

People these days seem overly interested in spening a ****ton of time and money to prevent that bad thing that could happen .01% of the time.

What hole would you put it on? Do you think people could manage the half mile run to get it and still get there on time?

Might as well equip all disc golfers with helmets. That would probably save as many lives.

My guess is your laughing is born of ignorance. I am also guessing you would laugh less if the lost soul, perhaps able to save, was your father, son, daughter, spouse or self. I am also guessing that many major, multi use parks have this happen more often than you think. Perhaps you are just trolling.

Latest posts