• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Destination FLORIDA

Perhaps an addendum to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area:

There is a dg course at Orangebrook Country Club in Hollywood (just south of Ft Lauderdale)...it is 18 holes with multiple par 4's and a par 5...reasonable cost at $13 ($3 for the course and $10 for a cart rental)...Collared shirt a must, while it will be the longest course in Broward it is arguably about equal with Trades, Heritage, and Markham as far as the area must plays...no weekends before at least 12 noon.

As far as Miami-Dade county, Kendall Indian Hammocks is a nice play, two courses with various pin positions, worth the drive if you're in Miami or not far away. There is a 21 hole course near the Homestead Air Reserve Base with a few par 4's, but it's a haul just from Miami, let alone Broward or Palm Beach counties. I'll second what the OP mentioned about Commons and Okee, they are the must plays in West Palm and there is recent course film if you're traveling there to show you what it is like at each course (South Florida Open, courtesy of The Disc Golf Guy).

Just helping you out if South Florida is your destination in this great state.

I'd throw Palmetto Bay Village Center on the "beautiful" list for Miami. You probably need a guide, but it's a fun play and definitely beautiful if the mosquitoes and deer flies aren't out in force.

I'd throw Palmetto Bay Village Center on the "beautiful" list for Miami. You probably need a guide, but it's a fun play and definitely beautiful if the mosquitoes and deer flies aren't out in force.

Yes very scenic. Second only to Jet Stream in this part of FL. But, we played it recently and it was hard to navigate and we had a guide. Irma didn't do this course any favors. I hope that it gets some TLC.

Hello,going to be in New Smyrna beach for a few days next week;was wondering if I should hit River City Nature Park or Bill Frederick Park on my way back to Homestead?Been playing for little more than a year-ad-a-half,and generally throw less than 300'.Thanks

I would play River City if you can only play one park. I would play the original course there (Alpha) if you only have time for one round. It's not to bad from the shorts and there is a really nice disc golf store across the street if you need any plastic.

you cant go wrong with either of the two multi-course parks. Bill Frederick's got more variety with the 3 courses on site. However Alpha is probably the most relaxing chill course I've ever played. Plus if you're coming from the beaches, you'll run into horrible Orlando traffic on the way to Bill Frederick.

Hello,going to be in New Smyrna beach for a few days next week;was wondering if I should hit River City Nature Park or Bill Frederick Park on my way back to Homestead?Been playing for little more than a year-ad-a-half,and generally throw less than 300'.Thanks

True. Both are highly rated and worth playing. Five 18 holers might be a little ambitious for one day with a long drive. I would play them in this order: Alpha, T-1, T-2 and jump on T-3 if you have any time left.

Any info on Easterlin in the Miami area? The pictures make it look like it has some fun techy holes.

Any info on Easterlin in the Miami area? The pictures make it look like it has some fun techy holes.

I love Easterlin...it's a 20 hole course with multiple tees on about half the holes, and nothing too long...pack a handful of fairway drivers, then mids and putters all day...bring something you don't mind losing, as a pond comes into play on a few holes. It's my home course, I live two miles from it. Baskets are rotated every month and a few holes have 3 placements. Not the must play in Fort Lauderdale, but if you're looking for a shorter course, especially when it's hot, Easterlin's the way to go here.

I love Easterlin...it's a 20 hole course with multiple tees on about half the holes, and nothing too long...pack a handful of fairway drivers, then mids and putters all day...bring something you don't mind losing, as a pond comes into play on a few holes. It's my home course, I live two miles from it. Baskets are rotated every month and a few holes have 3 placements. Not the must play in Fort Lauderdale, but if you're looking for a shorter course, especially when it's hot, Easterlin's the way to go here.

Cool thanks! I plan to play pretty non stop trying to hit all of the areas courses. This one just kind of caught my eye as a pretty fun looking spin. And I'll definitely be bringing some backups since there are a number of courses that seem to have water in play.

Easterlin is the "wooded" Broward course. I have it at 3.0. Broward has some nice courses now. My favorites are Markham and The Jet Stream but all the Broward courses are worth a toss.

Jet Stream is one I'm really excited to play. Depending on how it goes, I might even spin that one twice

The Jet Stream is one of only a couple courses that I regret never having had a chance to play before moving out of Florida. I actually had a trip preliminarily planned there for my last week in Florida, only to get bed ridden sick for a week with flu like symptoms. The Jet Stream has an absolutely crazy review rating spread that I needed to check it out for myself.

My wife has family down in Ft Lauderdale so hopefully some day.

Jet Stream might be the most beautiful course in Florida, although I haven't played it since Irma. Hopefully, it survived ok. I have friends down there who have explained the review discrepancies. I won't go into the local politics of it all here. My only real complaint was that there were too many elevated baskets. But it is still my favorite course on the SE side of the state with McCarty Ranch and Markham Park close seconds.

Jet Stream survived Irma for the most part. The course has been taken back over by the park. While the local club here is seeking to take over maintenance and do some other things with the course, that is out of their hands for at least this current moment. The course is playable but one or two holes are not, and there is a zipline being put in by the park that may force one or two holes to be moved, but that is all the details I have right now.

Earlier this month Heritage Park in Plantation finally reopened after Irma forced the Broward Parks to remove all the Australian Pines...while the park looks a lot different the course suffered next to no effect...one tee pad was damaged while the pine trees were removed and one hole will play a little differently, but otherwise it is back up and ready for disc golf.

So, that long awaited update on Earhart park in Hialeah (NW Miami):

The course is completely playable again. A map is suggested, and the front ten look a little ragged in spots still, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Secondly, there was a soft opening for a 9 hole course up in Martin county. It is geographically located between West Palm and Port St Lucie. I should get up that way in early May and will report back.

There is still a plan in place to install a second course at Tradewinds park, but the project has been delayed.

I'm going the be in Ft Lauderdale in May but probably won't be able to bring any discs. I looked on this site and it lists a dart and bowling supply shop. When I google the shop it shows as closed. The next closest stores are listed as a Dick 100 miles away. Are there any local shops? I will be near Markham Park. I would like to find a shop where I can maybe get a disc with a local stamp and mail back home. I reached out to the local club but no reply yet. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with that area for Florida, but I always find room to squeeze one disc into my luggage. I figure I can always find a Laundromat, but I wont always find a place that sells discs.

I'm going the be in Ft Lauderdale in May but probably won't be able to bring any discs. I looked on this site and it lists a dart and bowling supply shop. When I google the shop it shows as closed. The next closest stores are listed as a Dick 100 miles away. Are there any local shops? I will be near Markham Park. I would like to find a shop where I can maybe get a disc with a local stamp and mail back home. I reached out to the local club but no reply yet. Thanks.

Latest posts