• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

I saw some at the disc golf shop in Atlanta by the Lawrenceville, GA course. I can't remember the name, but if you read the reviews someone mentions it's name. They had at least 3 or 4 on the shelf. Check with Marshall St amd Altitude too. They both seem to carry a decent selection of Westside stuff.

I just wishthat they would keep production consistant (weight and disc type\mold)

I saw some at the disc golf shop in Atlanta by the Lawrenceville, GA course. I can't remember the name, but if you read the reviews someone mentions it's name. They had at least 3 or 4 on the shelf. Check with Marshall St amd Altitude too. They both seem to carry a decent selection of Westside stuff.

Disc Stalker ... don't see any on their website, but you could always call and ask.

Love the Warship and Sword; I find them to be much more unique designs than the King, Boatman, and Northman. The Sword is definitely the most accurate DD I've thrown.

the tournament giant is my go to driver. it reminds me of what i originally appreciated in the destroyer. the look, feel and durability of westside's tournament plastic is light years superior to innova's star plastic.

i throw v.i.p. giants for sidearms. damn fine mold, that giant.

agreed
but I am not a fan of the VIP...it is much more overstable than the TP

I find a 168-170ish TP to be quite workable
and the one I have now is just starting to season up nicely and is holding an anhyzer a touch longer before fading out

very predictable disc
good distance driver into a headwind

I aced with one 2 weeks ago
this will sound bad but it was only a 300 foot hole (straight line tee box to basket)

but about 40 feet short of the basket was a 50-60 foot wide wall of trees that you had to go around

I think (and kinda hope) that the hyzer line I had to take was more like the 350 range...and the wind was fierce

as it stands right now
I am enjoying the VIP Warship and TP Giant...the Sword is out of my bag
the gap between my EXPs/Rivers is now filled with the Saint

I'm looking forward to the Stag...which I assume to be Westside's version of the Saint (unless they are planning on really overstable)

I have a TP 164 giant on the way and can not wait to see what it will do. Any ipinions on how much the weight may affect the giant in the wind. currently i use a 173 opto halo for the wind.
gary

Can someone give me disctance comaprisons between the Boatman and the Leopard? I know fairway and a mid but just curious.

I have a TP 164 giant on the way and can not wait to see what it will do. Any ipinions on how much the weight may affect the giant in the wind. currently i use a 173 opto halo for the wind.
gary

Gary

it might get popped up a bit more and might hold an anhyzer line longer but the Giant is OS enough to come back at the end

I've thrown 168s (i.e. only 4g heavier) and they are still solid straight flyers into a headwind with heavy fade at the end

you may want a heavier one in really strong head winds

Can someone give me disctance comaprisons between the Boatman and the Leopard? I know fairway and a mid but just curious.

Leopard is a fairway

Boatman is a distance driver and a relatively OS one at that

were you thinking of the Warship?

the Warship is rated as a Spd 6 which may also be what the Leo is rated at

technically I'd say the Leo is actually a faster disc
it may have better distance potential
but not by a heck of a lot due to the glide on the Warship

and if you were asking about the Boatman

I'd say the Boatman is capable of a lot more distance than a Leo but on different lines

the Warship and Leo could probably achieve the same/similar lines

thank you
i will give it a go and if it fills the spot i want i will get a heavier one.
Gary

it might get popped up a bit more and might hold an anhyzer line longer but the Giant is OS enough to come back at the end

I've thrown 168s (i.e. only 4g heavier) and they are still solid straight flyers into a headwind with heavy fade at the end

you may want a heavier one in really strong head winds

I had a 168 that I lost in thorns

I'm currently throwing a 172 that I got from jmitch and it is money, got me an ace, and is now seasoning very nicely

but I just added a used 168 from the marketplace that will be in my bag during the winter because my 172 is white

fyi I have a 168(ish) VIP...thrown but barely that you can have in a trade if you are interested

the VIP is a lot more OS than the TP so pairing a 168 VIP with your 164 TP might be a good combo

I'd say the Stag is gonna be awfully close to the TB

seems to fly a touch faster and glidier

it is much more LSS than the Saint and decently HSS...their wings are not similar

I described the Saint as a Teagle L

I think the Stag might be the Teagle X

I'd say the Stag is gonna be awfully close to the TB

seems to fly a touch faster and glidier

it is much more LSS than the Saint and decently HSS...their wings are not similar

I described the Saint as a Teagle L

I think the Stag might be the Teagle X

I like your thinking. We're all sick of TB comparisons. But I know the Stag is gonna make the bag. Right now I'm really diggin' a 168 flat VIP Sword. A real line holder. The 169 and 174 VIP Giant's are beasts too! Great for large anhyzer shots, its cool to watch them hold hold hold and then start to fade back a bit.

Trying to keep the Westside love alive here. I wish the new mid was gonna be overstable rather than under. That's ok, cover your bases. Make the 3rd mid a Gatorish disc. The 'Hunter' would be sick.

Latest posts