• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Almost a year in from when I first picked up a disc and threw!

JimmyPapers

I sold my golf clubs and bought some discs and headed to hoover (Brett hambrick memorial)… it was tough at first and I considered quitting many of times. It took several months for me to be able to shape a shot purposely and man it feels good when you execute exactly the line you intended. Needless to say I'm hooked to the sport! However I don't have a lot of friends who play and when you play by yourself I've noticed that I lose a lot of disc and can't get tips or anything like that as well so if anybody wants to play, holler @ me. Let's get this!

Last edited:
I sold my golf clubs and bought some discs and headed to hoover (Brett hambrick memorial)… it was tough at first and I considered quitting many of times. It took several months for me to be able to shape a shot purposely and man it feels good when you execute exactly the line you intended. Needless to say I'm hooked to the sport! However I don't have a lot of friends who play and when you play by yourself I've noticed that I lose a lot of disc and can't get tips or anything like that as well so if anybody wants to play, holler @ me. Let's get this!

It sure does feel good when you shape a line!

One thing you might try to find people to play with is find any facebook groups that are local to you. Usually there will be a fairly active group in your area and you can find events that will hook you into the local scene. Frequently there are weekly events like random doubles rounds, putting leagues or singles leagues that will have you playing with other people.

Or even just post this same message on that group and you will likely find someone who will happily play a round with you.

Welcome to the addiction!

I understand the wanting to quit except I keep buying discs and now I have too many to consider quitting.

I have been at this more than 2 years now and still not throwing 200 feet. However I seem to keep having fun.

Lets hope the fun factor never leaves you and you stay hooked.

I understand the wanting to quit except I keep buying discs and now I have too many to consider quitting.

I have been at this more than 2 years now and still not throwing 200 feet. However I seem to keep having fun.

Lets hope the fun factor never leaves you and you stay hooked.

I'm pretty sure with the amount of discs I have, and having put a course on my 10 acres, that my wife isn't likely to deal with me quitting disc golf very well. For better or worse I think I've secured that I'll be playing for a long time.

Latest posts