• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

the alpha continues to be my favorite mold in my bag and proves why. this weekend at a tourney on some private property the winds were swirling and gusting 20+ on saturday and jumped to 35+mph on sunday. my sublime ate those head winds for breakfast lunch and dinner, i never had to worry about it flipping over in that wind. my other eternals flew fantastically in every other directions the wind was coming, so much love for this mold.

What kind of power do you have?

it will be mildly OS but a workable OS and reliable in the wind. not as os as the 3rd run sublime or 2nd run yellow apex. good score!

That sounds about right. It was really straight and Teebird-ish so far. It had some nasty road rash on it that I had to smooth out so I dunno if that affected any stability but it flew nice.

tested late fall last year. nice mold, etc. they were very similar to a cd2 for me. looking forward to warm weather to get them up and out.

can't recall plastic type, weight or run right now will give details when I do a legit field test.

What kind of power do you have?
400-450 or so. im a short guy so my throws are highly dependent on my mechanics being in sync. . i normally throw my alphas anywhere from 300-400 depending on the hole.

i should clarify that the sublime i'm talking about in my previous post is the newest 3rd run,nice and beefy, it's a true power fairway for sure. they work fantastic for fh shots, kind of FLish?

That sounds about right. It was really straight and Teebird-ish so far. It had some nasty road rash on it that I had to smooth out so I dunno if that affected any stability but it flew nice.

thats still pretty accurate for its flight. they remind me of a longer tb/eagle , kinda like the pd did but a little less lss in some variations. they break in like the pd as well,high speed turn and keeping some lsf. the pink you have is very close to the 1st run eternal orange i have had bagged for several months.

I'm looking to pick a few of these up.. I threw 11x Eagles for years and am tired of paying the price for them when I need back ups. What color/run/plastics should I be looking for? I throw roughly 375-425(on most good days) with my Eagles and Veterans. TIA

I'm looking to pick a few of these up.. I threw 11x Eagles for years and am tired of paying the price for them when I need back ups. What color/run/plastics should I be looking for? I throw roughly 375-425(on most good days) with my Eagles and Veterans. TIA

The most commonly available Alphas right now are second run Sublimes. Sublime plastic is Mint's most expensive. They go for around $15.99. Some retailers have limited stock of first run Eternal Alphas in pink, orange and yellow, as well as yellow Apex Alphas. These cost a dollar or two less than Sublime.

All of the options mentioned above are relatively stable. I have no experience with 11x Eagles, and so cannot give a perfect match for you. I would suggest looking at them online, and picking one that you like. I am an Alpha thrower, and would be happy with most any of them.

got two of third runs on the way via marshall. bought them totally off that gnarly looking stamp and the cool looking pearly plastic.

wasn't all that impressed or displeased with the second runs.. I just really haven't had a chance to field test them yet.

Started with a pearl green eternal, love it. Pretty neutral and will hold the line you want. Just purchase a 2nd run apex yellow, and HOLY BEEF STICK BATMAN. Two very different discs. I'm pretty sure the yellow will be kicking my pd2 out of the bag for forehands. Time will tell

Started with a pearl green eternal, love it. Pretty neutral and will hold the line you want. Just purchase a 2nd run apex yellow, and HOLY BEEF STICK BATMAN. Two very different discs. I'm pretty sure the yellow will be kicking my pd2 out of the bag for forehands. Time will tell

A yellow Apex Alpha kicked the Sexton Firebird out of my bag. It's actually a bit beefier than the Sexton.

Glad both will find a spot in the bag.

The good and bad thing about being a new company with our small runs is the variance in stability for drivers at this stability. This was a big reason behind the serial # so you can look it up in in a few years. We aim to be more consistent but love to embrace the differences. So far it works for the Alpha.

Yeah def. knew they would be two different discs, but still surprising when using them back to back. I feel like the yellow apex has better glide than firebirds I've thrown, and feels more comfortable forehand. How fast does the apex plastic beat in?

Does anyone here know which came out with the least dome and not crazy OS? I like the 2nd run apex purple for reference.

I am throwing (in order from least stable to most overstable) a purple Apex, orange Apex, pearly green Eternal, and yellow Apex. The purple and orange are the flattest, and the most likely to have some high speed turn. The green Eternal is not quite as flat, but is flying just about the same as the purple and orange. The yellow has a bit more dome than the rest, and is the only one that I consider to be overstable. I actually could experiment with some more of my Alphas in an attempt to fill the stability gap between the yellow and the rest. If I decide to do so, then I will probably try a candy pink Eternal, or a Sublime Alpha.

Does anyone here know which came out with the least dome and not crazy OS? I like the 2nd run apex purple for reference.

2nd run

orange apex
pearly green eternal(some may vary)
pearly blue eternal
pearly pink eternal
silver sublime(some may vary)

those have been consistently flat from what ive seen over the months. all are not as overstable as the candy pink/green eternal or yellow apex. those are the most overstable of that run.

I still haven't thrown these yet, so don't know flights. 2nd runs silver sublime vs candy pink. My sublime is rather domey.
iqkVB8tZt0fb6N5DDf5Lz2DeDOq6VjcOw7zESLow8KMCQArRKrqC8jsGSfljtyweXVY2wuogPW9u57J-Q1EOoHsfMjT_xvXWgZo8eN_nIywnOA21lDDFP7JQvT8LwV_ZP8R4kJB_SbpsN89FdTlUylYRFxq8lDTYW3gqH-bLaQ79Z8j2gQgq8ox1_OWkbS3hxlTh7GXXgRcT3Lx3JcxqRkckvF1ZVGUPhjUHnkUALrOho193HQGxrA1zxUxS0HETnt5NXRri8Tyub4FIe8ioNLwn9sveiKgzmvnTZ2dB4gnoNBeQ39yELUMYgoXriusY8nHqczb0bbLWAxtWDAM_3nHZJyNhE7i5V2CswgjAoeEwrXcgUVAuqvDh1gWRXcwIol-Y9eI9s9zDoMw1uyZFpnsN2cxtqM1SQcg_aMX55q-Xldn0QmOhO21oWVtHaUMw0SsJuEeeVHml_MdWzcfVv6NxNuGIA5MlJ6FAHrG7LboPYZjTqV6dqHsK4o51XhEcrn6rnBOXF0sR-rGOCteF_8Qm99iP6Wyk6wsBIrnGel4WlDotYwtS2BiUqgSrmvPIaHoL--H_mAmX8gFgbjJtcwXygdkfpPoddeT6gkCu5Z4fnVTgaGP_wriUWIXk6ttuaFEjepfPHxaQeHEArfC2pOwj3NwS49D0qQ=w800-h430-no

I have a candy pink, it is pretty OS. kind of PD like. Thanks for the suggestions guys I think I'll definitely try out the pearly ones.

Latest posts