• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Alpha - Power Fairway

I consider the 2nd run Eternal discs to be stiffer than the 1st run Eternals.

And, I consider the 2nd runs to be superior to the 1st runs in every way. They look better, and fly better. Just my opinion. Probably, lots of others agree with me, since some 1st run Eternals can still be gotten online, whereas the 2nd run Eternals sold out quickly.

I think power and skill level has a lot to do with the popularity as well. The third run Sublimes are the most consistent run yet, but I imagine many players won't buy one because it's too much a meathook unless you throw 400+.

My first run orange Eternals are still my favorite Alpha, accurate to the numbers and a really dependable flight no matter much I put on it. I think I've heard ZJ call it the "truest Alpha" and I have to agree. Even though purple 2nds are amazing in their own ways, they are less of a "power fairway" and more of a "turnover tour de force".

I consider the 2nd run Eternal discs to be stiffer than the 1st run Eternals.

And, I consider the 2nd runs to be superior to the 1st runs in every way. They look better, and fly better. Just my opinion. Probably, lots of others agree with me, since some 1st run Eternals can still be gotten online, whereas the 2nd run Eternals sold out quickly.

I didn't get any of the 1st runs. I'm bagging a candy pink ET, pearly blue ET, and a purple AP all 2nd run. I was referring to how much softer my blue is than my candy pink. I like to be able to dig in a little with my thumb.

I didn't get any of the 1st runs. I'm bagging a candy pink ET, pearly blue ET, and a purple AP all 2nd run. I was referring to how much softer my blue is than my candy pink. I like to be able to dig in a little with my thumb.

Gotcha. The candy pink ETs are very stiff.

The 3 discs that you mention, above, are a pretty good set. Like you, I am hoping that the next run that zj1002 is mentioning will be like those.

So is MVP molding these? why are they so over the board in consistency from run to run, are they making changes to test things out?

Just curious, im a big fan of MVP plastic and still throw my original Ions, the Streamline discs are great too and i bagged the Trace.

I've been out of the loop for a couple years.

Speaking for Mint only here but consistency boils down to how neutral it is designed to fly. 0 turn / 2 fade is the design middle point of stability for any manufacturer. It's not 0/0 since those tend to be understable. So based on how its shot, it can lean one way or the other when its 0/2. Drivers end up being more volatile, "faster" wings even more so. Every 0/2 mold is like this. So that's why the Alpha does this, and why we use the Serial #.

I think power and skill level has a lot to do with the popularity as well. The third run Sublimes are the most consistent run yet, but I imagine many players won't buy one because it's too much a meathook unless you throw 400+.

My first run orange Eternals are still my favorite Alpha, accurate to the numbers and a really dependable flight no matter much I put on it. I think I've heard ZJ call it the "truest Alpha" and I have to agree. Even though purple 2nds are amazing in their own ways, they are less of a "power fairway" and more of a "turnover tour de force".

Yeah the Yellow/Pink/Orange Eternal from the 1st Run are definitely the flight we had seen in the test runs before production. We want that flight when possible. And not to hype it up too much...but the Glow I've been testing is just a tick more stable than those first run Eternal Oranges and I'm absolutely in love with it. Its my favorite Alpha in the bag right now. Fits somewhere between my Sublime 3rd and those 1st runs.

Yeah the Yellow/Pink/Orange Eternal from the 1st Run are definitely the flight we had seen in the test runs before production. We want that flight when possible. And not to hype it up too much...but the Glow I've been testing is just a tick more stable than those first run Eternal Oranges and I'm absolutely in love with it. Its my favorite Alpha in the bag right now. Fits somewhere between my Sublime 3rd and those 1st runs.

which of the three eternal plastics does the glow feel most similar to?

Thanks for the reply. So these are made by MVP though?

Due to financial/publicity reasons (presumably), MINT can't comment on this.

What I can tell you personally (I have no association with MINT) is that Alphas have the same feel and grip as many MVP discs, they have the same location of molding points on the perimeter, and they use the exact same weight stickers on the bottom of the flight plate.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Well, Alphas are one badass duck. I love this disc.

Is the yellow apex still the most overstable? Anything close to it?

I haven't thrown any of the new 3rd run Eternals that just came out, so no comparison with them yet, but the yellow Apex are the most overstable of all the other varieties as far as I know.

Although I haven't thrown any of the new 3rd run Eternal Alphas yet, I have handled some.

The dark blues look really nice. There is some variation in the hue of the blue color from disc to disc.

The greens are stiffer, and have less dome, than the yellow greens.

The candy pinks feel very stiff, and have a bit less dome, than the pinks.

The gummy light blues have a bit less dome than the light blues. Gummy translates to more flexible, not a gummy texture.

Neither the white or orange glow discs can compare with the Kastaplast or Gateway glow discs for brightness. I don't think a person would want to use a orange glow at night, because it is pretty dim.

I tested my third run pearly blue sublime against my luster champ snowflake thunder bird... say that fast two times...
Also threw a candy red PD in the mix. All three are fresh.
Very similar flight for all three. Maybe a bigger arm would see more variation as they pushed them out further.
I found them all super beefy, back hand and forehand. They were nearly as beefy as my star firebird.
One will likely make the bag for forehand flexes.

I am looking for a 2nd run candy pink alpha. I'd be willing to trade a FR pink or a 3rd run candy pink. edit: I have a lot of other trades too.

its been pretty quite on here and i haven't been on here in months. so lets revive this thread to spread some fantastic news! if you aren't on social media, then you are probably not aware of the next runs, if you are on social media, then you know whats coming :)

Latest posts