• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Alternative for Super Beat Roc

Horsman

Pandamonium Discs
Gold level trusted reviewer
Alright so Ive had my two most beat to hell dx rocs break and I am looking for a large diameter midrange in a champ plastic. Was thinking of a champ cobra or a champ stingray. Basically Im looking for something that will flip and hold and won't come back when put on a distance line.

I was recently recommended a Star Mako in place of a beat Roc. I throw KC Rocs but I lost my beat one, the guy at Disc Golf World suggested the Mako so I didn't have to waste time beating in a Roc.

If your not attached to Innova, I'd try an elite Z Buzz. If you want a less stable disc I'd look into the buzz SS in elite Z as well.

If your not attached to Innova, I'd try an elite Z Buzz. If you want a less stable disc I'd look into the buzz SS in elite Z as well.

lulz. :doh:

I'd go with a Star Stingray, I used to use one for turnover shots before I got my axis. Also makes a really good roller disc.

Again I won't throw discraft, but I have thrown both of those and neither of them were under stable enough

lulz. :doh:

I'd go with a Star Stingray, I used to use one for turnover shots before I got my axis. Also makes a really good roller disc.

Axis wasn't quite under stable enough but it was awesome

im not sure why you wont throw discraft but the z comet seems like what you are talking about. it has champ feel and durability and also has a bead which will be similar grip to the roc and will fly just like you want it to. champ stingray might fill the role but i dont think they are real easy to come by. comet is the best mid made in my opinion.

Your an idiot if you won't throw discraft unless your sponsored by innova. And the Stratus is the ****. But you will never know its.awesome powers because of your jackassery.

im not sure why you wont throw discraft but the z comet seems like what you are talking about. it has champ feel and durability and also has a bead which will be similar grip to the roc and will fly just like you want it to. champ stingray might fill the role but i dont think they are real easy to come by. comet is the best mid made in my opinion.

Im really brand loyal to innova, ill try other brands but Ive never liked discraft, to me their plastic just doesn't feel right and as stupid as it is I hate their stamps. But the comet as well isn't under stable enough. Its straight and straight for days but not really under stable. And yea I know I might be paying to get something like a champ stingray or cobra but i need something to fill the roles of rocs that took me nearly 5 years to break in

Have you tried the wedge? Maybe a kite unless that is too driver-like. A wedge can be pushed at far and never come back. The rim may be too shallow for your taste but they will flip easilly.

Dx sharks will beat in quickly to beat roc stages. My favorite one right now came from Play It Again for $2.99 and is super $$$$ right now. I just bought another pair off the marketplace pre-beat for $12 shipped.

Latest posts