• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I the only one...?

This just happened to me on Friday. I threw hole 1 on the course I designed, and it hit the second tree and got knocked down, maybe 160 feet in front of me. I thought, Ok, that will be easy.

Well, my friend and I proceeded to throw a couple more as warmups, and when I went to look for it, it was gone. It's a dayglow dyed Kenny Roc, the think POPS in anything...

The problem is it's now Fall, and there was a thin carpet of leaves for 50 feet in every direction. Took me and my friend at least 10 minutes to find it by kicking away the leaves, and it was just nestled under them completely hidden.

We were both amazed how a disc can vanish - we must have each stepped over it or swept away the leaves within a few inches of it several times.

Tim S.

Happens to me more often than I'd like to admit, and I keep telling myself "look it down..." and I'll still spend 20 minutes searching for something that should be easy to find. :wall:

If I keep my eye on it, and it's on a course I'm familiar with, 99.8% of the time I have no problem finding it.

I tend to lose discs on courses I'm unfamiliar with.
^this

I agree with Dreadlock, look up if you can't find it after a bit. The bases of bushes can obscure a disc pretty well, too.
sage wisdom.

Last edited:

Latest posts