• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Their durability might be in question.

These are portables, but a course in S.C. bought some permanent ones and they're all falling down. Salient blamed it on installer error. Salient also planted one at another course, sort of a long pin placement, and it's in sad shape as well. The pole or collar bends as you push it, and the chains are rusting.

Don't know about the catching quality but, at $205, I wouldn't expect it to be great, regardless of where it comes from.

Thanks! I guess a 200 dollar, "championship" basket falls under the too good to be true category.

Besides their terrible customer service, does anybody have experience playing on these baskets? Do they catch well at all? It looked like Ricky got like 3 spit outs during the "tournament"

We have 18 of them at one of our newer courses (long story) and they are actually holding up okay. The paint has severely faded on the baskets that are not totally in the shade. A few of the inner chains have disconnected and people have used zip ties, shoelaces, etc. To reattach them. The club ha since got a few extra links to secure them.

They do not fit in the sleeves that Salient provided us, si we had to get our own. There is severe welding issues on many of them, but so far they have not broken so as of right now they are just eyesores. The numberplates did not come with numbers that actually fit or could be visible;they were the same stickers you get to put on a mailbox.

Of course all these issues were brought up to Salient via text and email...they stopped responding and blocked everyone on Facebook who is a member of our club. Seriously.

As for catching, they actually catch okay for me as a spin putter. The most spit outs,believe it or not, happen when the putt hits dead center chains. The baskets arent shallow but neither are they deep...so you cant rely on them to snag the putter as it crashes out of the chains.

These arent the worse baskets Ive played on but they are "low five" worst that weren't homemade.

Anyway...what happened to the special "gold standard"baskets they were making just for ADGT? They were supposed to be SOOOO much better than Liberty baskets...and ESPN approved!

About the same cost as a Sport, and if nothing else you get more chains. I like Sports, but I wouldn't confuse them with Disccatchers. I'll bet they catch well enough for a backyard course, or practice baskets.

In the meanwhile, we can safely assume they're not keeping them to re-use on the upcoming ADGT major events, still showing on their website, such as the Fall Classic 2016.

Perhaps instead of number plates, they should be sold with white flags.

In the meanwhile, we can safely assume they're not keeping them to re-use on the upcoming ADGT major events, still showing on their website, such as the Fall Classic 2016.

Perhaps instead of number plates, they should be sold with white flags.

Maybe the "New, Gold Standard" baskets will be available for the "rest of the events" on the "tour.". :popcorn::D

Wow, sweetest deal I have seen in like furrevah!

Sounds too good to be true!

God bless them. Just when you thought this thread would die out before it reached 4,000 posts....

I think it can make it that far. Just wait until the next pdga meeting. Wonder if anything in the minutes will be posted about the adgt.

Both the ADGT and Salient discs pages have disappeared from Facebook

Both the ADGT and Salient discs pages have disappeared from Facebook

Well, for disc golf's sake, I hope they are gone forever, never to scam again.

But I doubt it. The Salient Squad page is still active, though I don't know what, if anything, is going on there. I can only assume they are taking everything down in order to full scrub any negativity from them, and then will relaunch later trying to scam more people.

Latest posts