• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I think it's obvious that a lot of the things they were expecting never came to pass.

No doubt. We have a private course and if you were to read our pronouncements when we first started it, with the benefit of hindsight, you can say the same thing about us. It was clear they envisioned a rush of $300 entries, paid memberships, and big sponsors.

In the six months between the announcement and the event, as we kicked this around here and kicked it pretty hard, a few posters mentioned the promises of large payouts. I, and many others, replied that, despite all the other promises of grandeur, we didn't think they'd actually promised a high payout to pros. Just exposure on ESPN.

Well, I believe this is where those stories came from.

Copy/Pasted from a brand new thread...

Default Steve Bucher "ending 8 1/2 year chapter" ... ?
Well this just appeared in the FB Salient Complaint thread...(I'm too lazy to post the screen shot)

"Ending a 8 1/2 year chapter in my life today."

Posted by Steve Bucher today allegedly. No idea what that means for Salient and what it means for *gasp* the ADGT!

-Dave

He got hired by ESPN.

OK, probably not. Well, almost certainly not. Probably not even disc golf related, or directly disc golf related. Best guesses are that it's a job change or he's moving.

Ok, gonna feed the flames here. There may be something to Bouchers Facebook post after seeing one from Shade Hogg. It's screen capped on the Salient Complaint Page.

I'm just hanging out here because I enjoy a good train wreck. I admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shade was dismissed or left Salient several weeks ago. He posted elsewhere that, right after the American Open, they told him they could only pay him for commissions on sales going forward, and based on the numbers that wouldn't be enough.

(The tone of his post was not that they did him wrong, but that they wouldn't have the money).

Shade was dismissed or left Salient several weeks ago. He posted elsewhere that, right after the American Open, they told him they could only pay him for commissions on sales going forward, and based on the numbers that wouldn't be enough.

(The tone of his post was not that they did him wrong, but that they wouldn't have the money).

if i had a nickle from every Innova disc sold... :D
if i had a nickle from every salient disc sold... probably have a nickle

Erm...how do you know this? Just because they get rid of their help really doesn't mean much- I guess. Have you heard anything on the book of faces?

Not a whole lot there. Someone asked Shade about it. He says he was gone because it wouldnt make financial sense to stay, he wasnt sure what was up with Boucher. He said he wished them all the best. Boucher and Kilger react to it by verbally assaulting Shade after he just answered some questions and din't say anything negative. For the record, Boucher said it was a change in his day job he was referring to, which is entirely possible.

it's all on the Salient complaint page.

I've never had any dealing with Salient, and have thrown one of their discs once. I don't care about them either way, but this whole thing does entertain me.

Not a whole lot there. Someone asked Shade about it. He says he was gone because it wouldnt make financial sense to stay, he wasnt sure what was up with Boucher. He said he wished them all the best. Boucher and Kilger react to it by verbally assaulting Shade after he just answered some questions and din't say anything negative. For the record, Boucher said it was a change in his day job he was referring to, which is entirely possible.

it's all on the Salient complaint page.

I've never had any dealing with Salient, and have thrown one of their discs once. I don't care about them either way, but this whole thing does entertain me.

Saw that. However, a single laid-off/fired employee a folded company does not make.

Now, if that Kilgus post in the Salient complaint group was really posted by him then all I have to say is there is a special place in Hell for the likes of him right next to the child molesters and the people who talk during movies.

Saw that. However, a single laid-off/fired employee a folded company does not make.

Now, if that Kilgus post in the Salient complaint group was really posted by him then all I have to say is there is a special place in Hell for the likes of him right next to the child molesters and the people who talk during movies.

As I said, not a whole lot there.

Kilgus is likely psychopathic. I've never seen someone so thin-skinned,while dually being totally paranoid and failing to recognize any mistakes he has made. He also goes from 0 to 50 in one post.

I can assume he doesnt say **** like this to people's faces, because he would have been socked in the jaw more than once by now.

I cant post the screenshots from my phone, but this Shade Hogg guy says absolutley nothing negative about Salient, even praising them, and Kilgus,the pyschopath, just flies off the handle trying to make it seem like he and Salient are these benevolent life savers. Its only two paragraphs but its pretty sick.

I cant post the screenshots from my phone, but this Shade Hogg guy says absolutley nothing negative about Salient, even praising them, and Kilgus,the pyschopath, just flies off the handle trying to make it seem like he and Salient are these benevolent life savers. Its only two paragraphs but its pretty sick.

After which, Shade still said he wished them well. He took a higher road than many of us would.

Latest posts