• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

amount found, lost, returned. what's your record?

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
what's your record?

amount of discs found, lost and returned to their owner.

found 8
lost 9
2 of the 9 that i lost were returned to me
2 of the 8 that i found had info on them so i returned those

i don't play a lot at a course where i can find discs easily (like near a water hazard where discs are commenly found etc...). i'd expect some of you to have found quite a few hundred discs while only having lost 5 or less. i'd also expect most folks to not track how many they found, lost, returned.

I have probably found 75 discs in 2 years (some of that was using my roof rake to scrape the bottom of a shallow pond.
I have returned approximately 10, a few of which were people I knew.

I have lost approximately 10 and only had 1 returned (1 is being held by another DGCR member until I return to NC, which probably wont be for another year). Most of my loses were in the water thougha s I rarely leave a soldier behind. I have walked away from a second throw at least a handful of times and gone back to retrieve them, and actually twice I had done that and before I left the course someone had called me to say they had my disc and guess what both times same disc (Beat to crap purple DX Beast). I have an ace with that disc so I cannot get rid of it anymore, it has virtually become a roller disc or one to throw big left to right anhyzers with.

Found: 100's
Returned: about 10 of them

Lost: 40-50...ish
Returned to me: 3

interesting note: the 3 discs Ive gotten back were found and returned by the same guy, at one particular course.

Its an extremely rare occurrence to get your discs back unless you know the finder personally.

Last edited:
found 3 only 1 had a #
lost 1 didnt have my #
longest time looking for a disc about 20 minutes

found 3 only 1 had a #
lost 1 didnt have my #
longest time looking for a disc about 20 minutes

I'll look for about 30 minutes, then come back the next day and look again for 30-60 minutes. After that I'll give up, my persistence is what gets me 98% of my discs back. Never expect to ever get a disc back that you leave at a park, even with all the info in the world on it.

Most all that I've found have been returned the day I found them just by asking around. Marked discs I'll usually call on the spot. However I've not had much success when calling phone numbers. Some people take weeks to call back if they call. I'll usually say that I found a disc of X color and have the prospective returnee give me the other details. Unmarked discs I often leave near the scorecard box.

As for discs returned to me, I'd guess that 60% come back. Some over a year after I lost them.

Found - lost count, maybe 30
Returned - all with phone numbers, which is about half, though I usually just give them to the Throw Shop at The Ponds @ Lakeshore, as they'll make the phone call and hang out waiting for the person. When I had less discs, I kept a disc with a phone number for a few months, but then I took it out of the bag when I had more, and the guilt got to me. I hope the owner was glad to get it back, I was glad to be rid of it.
Lost - 15ish, from throwing, anyway.
Returned - Got a spike and teerex (lost them forever, later), gazelle (returned 2x, then heavily gouged), and xcalibur (found by a dog months later). Aside from the spike, all were left for me at the Throw Shop. I like lost and founds.

recently i lost my xcal and then found it in a different water hole 2 weeks later when retrieving my dads disc. these kids told me they just threw one in. its a small hole and the only 2 discs in there were my dads and my xcal, so i thought about going up to ask them which one was kevin callaghan so i could give him his disc back, just to see if someone was like , "oh, i am kevin" lol

Do you return discs? sounds familiar.....
Lost disc thread on DGCR, that's impossible :doh:

Never been done before....

*puts fingers in ears....La la la la la la ....*

P.S, whats this you say about the search feature Prerube? never heard of it. lol

i only lost one and it was in a lake, it was a dx teebird with a cool sun stamp on it. it was my first disc.

This weekend alone involved a lot of lost/found/returned. Got an about one disc I didn't know I lost (still not sure what it is) and I had two others returned. I also found an ESP Storm.

I have found probably near 25, and returned about two(one was yesterday, most just dont have numbers or names), lost near 20ish. Have had one guy contact me because I put that I lost it on here, but I told him to keep it or give it to someone in the area that's only playing with one disc if he didnt want it(it's the Pro-D XL and has been sitting in the UP for a long while)

Never been done before....

*puts fingers in ears....La la la la la la ....*

P.S, whats this you say about the search feature Prerube? never heard of it. lol

This thread is really not exactly like the others, I was just giving the OP a hard time while imagining Katana saying, "I should have started this thread"

lost 1 still waiting to hear from someone on that been about 6 months :thmbdown: then again i found it with no info so nothing really hurt
found 5 or 6
returned 1 my buddy lost the day before
1 had 3 numbers blacked out and a pdga number also blacked out which one do you call? Sitting with the rest of my loose discs
had full intent to return the 1 a kid got stuck in a tree and couldn't find but they left even after i had told them i was gonna go back and look for it and there was no info on it

Latest posts