• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

amount found, lost, returned. what's your record?

^so do tell about how many discs have you pulled out with your GR. Just a rough guess will do and a timeframe like how long have you been using it.

On a slow day about 5. On a good day right around 25. Its been kinda slow lately. Got the first GR in Sept of 2009. Pulled roughly 375 the first 3 months. Really couldn't put a rough guess number out there since 2009. While I'm looking for disc I normally pull 10 to 18 disc out for others who are there playing. My 2nd GR no longer has the paint on it and its only a few months old. Just sold 25 a few days ago and 51 last month.

I may have lost my faith in humanity, I left one by the last hole today and no phone call, I just got back from running out there to see if it is still there. And the worst part of it is I know a bunch of guys that were there pretty shortly after me and if one of them found it and kept it I would be so disappointed.

I have returned about 10-12 discs in 2 years and only had a beat to hell dog toy returned to me at a tourney when I threw it out on a frozen lake, but couldnt get to it,s omeone esle did

I lost about 20 or so, I never completely kept track.

3 of them were returned to me.

I found about 8 of them and returned 2 that had information on them and 1 that had just initials. I happened to play where this one player that had the same initials and I asked if he ever played at the course that I found it at and he said no he lost it at another course which only means the one that found it first lost it lol.

there is another disc I plan on returning once it gets warmer. I contacted the person and the live about 30 mins away. Neither one of us is about to drive just to return a disc. I know I could send it in the mail, but I am too cheap to do that.

2010 stats:

Lost = 9

Found (not including trashed DX) = 3

Returned to me by phone calls = 2

To be fair, Brian (I think, I have already deleted this phone message) tried calling me from Acorn when he discovered my Star Firebird, but he was calling from a restricted phone number and did not leave his number with his message. Of the other two returned to me was one with two aces on it and another one because I put a $20 reward on it because it was an Ascent prototype.

Three years ago I pulled 15 out of a stream one day, all without numbers, and half of good quality. I have never made such a find again and have since contributed my fair share to put me overall in the negative.

Just lost an Opto River Friday. Spent 30 minutes that day and another 45 minutes on Saturday looking for it. I narrowed down the 100 by 100 foot area it has to be in but still no luck. It has my name and number on it, but this course is notorious for DGers never calling although non-DGers who happen to find them on their normal walks do.

Latest posts