• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anderson, IN Course

hmmm I will be at a conference there in a few weeks, too bad it wont be in by then. maybe when I go to it next year

Great news! From the Morse Beach Club? Hope the funding goes better than we are dealing with for the fishers course. Or will the parks dept be funding it?

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the parks dept will fund it as part of thier plan to to revitalize the local parks around here. As for any futher detals, I have no idea. I just learned about it from an article in the local paper, and was hoping anyone else here could elaborate. I will definately keep my ear on the street and report anything else I can find out.

I've found out that it's still in the VERY preliminary stages of development. If you,or anyone else,want a course in Anderson go ahead and contact the parks department. Voice your support and pledge to play it. Maybe leave your city/state so they know it will "pull in" outside residents. Just a few days ago I did just that, with the Lebanon, IN Parks Dept. (the local club has done ALOT of work on that course) just a thanks for the course and working with the club. Good feed-back never hurts!

Anderson course update

:)The Anderson Parks dept master plan was recently approved, which includes a course at General Pulaski Park. Looking for funding now. Sweet little park, it has some nice trees, some small hills and a small pond. The course will be a 9-basket/18-tee design, probably in the 4,500' to 5,000' range. Good chance for a local club to operate a part-time pro shop at a concesion building in the park. You can go to a Fb page set up for new club members, search for "Disc Golf for Anderson Indiana". Hopefully the course will be open by mid-summer.

The FB page name is "Anderson Disc Golf Association". Show some support for another course in central Indiana. Please "Like" the FB page. It's looking good for this course,with support! It could be in the ground by this October!

Progress on Pulaski

:)We walked the course at Pulaski Park today with the Anderson Parks Super and staff. No problems and things continue to move along. The search now is for funding with a goal of having the course in by this fall.

This is great because besides the one course in my hometown there isn't another one within 30 miles!. Now, don't get me wrong it's a fantastic course, but a little variety is always nice. Anderson is only about 18 miles from here so this is perfect! I can't wait! :thmbup:

Need sponsors

The plan for a course at General Pulaski Park in Anderson is in a holding pattern awaiting funding, or more likely, sponsorships. The parks will allow "branding" in the park, so companies or individuals who make certain levels of donations will get to put their logos on tee-signs on the course. Need $500 to sponsor a hole x 9 holes. Plus there is a need for material donations of tee-signs and concrete. Email Dennis Byrne at [email protected] if you are interested or know someone who might be.:thmbup:

The Facebook page name has been changed. Due to the fact they are now a legal non-profit. The new F.B. Page name is "Anderson Disc Golf club Ltd". They are looking for donations! Anything would be a big help! Help them out and "like" 'em.

Help spread the word!

The course at General Pulaski Park is all set to go. This is a great plug-and-play site, complete with a small pond, some nice trees, a little terrain change and even a small woods. With the nearby basketball courts, I think you could easily play at night. Great way to beat the heat during those hot summer (or spring!) months. Ron Box Jr. of the Anderson Disc Golf Club will run leagues and tourneys at the course, and will also run a pro shop at the course. :thmbup:

We just need more funding. The parks dept is covering the concrete tees and installation. We just need to cover the baskets and signs. There are already 3 small businesses onboard with sponsorship, but we need more. Who do you know that could help out... doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, dentists, big and small businesses, or regular people of every type. Disc golfers! They will get their logos on the course sign and a number of tee signs, depending on the size of their donation. :hfive:

The 1st Annual Tournament at Pulasksi park will be Saturday May 26th. You can register starting at 3:00, 4:00 tee off. $15 entry fee, there will be prizes & discs. This will be a temp. 9 hole course, to showcase the possibility of a perm. course. Bring your friends, family & disc golf buddies. Help Anderson get their first perm. Course!

Correction

The 1st Annual Tournament at Pulasksi park will be Saturday May 26th. You can register starting at 3:00, 4:00 tee off. $15 entry fee, there will be prizes & discs. This will be a temp. 9 hole course, to showcase the possibility of a perm. course. Bring your friends, family & disc golf buddies. Help Anderson get their first perm. Course!

This is NOT a tournament. It is an all day event going from 11 am to 6 pm. Kinda like a worlds biggest type thing. We want lots of experienced golfers to come out and try the temp course, as well as lots of new players, just getting their hands on a disc. This is (will be) the first course in town, so we need as many people as possible to help spread the word. We are working on the package / prizes right now. Something like some nice CFR's for $20 for the experienced players and some DX midranges for $10 for the newbies. :thmbup:

Anderson benefit event

The First Anderson Open disc golf benefit event is set for Saturday the 26th, starting at 11 am and going until 6 pm. New players or anyone just wanting to help out will get a new Innova DX golf disc and mini for a $10 donation. For more experienced dgolfers or those wanting some premium plastic, we will have unreleased Prototypes of Innova's brand new disc, scheduled to be out in June, for only $20! All profits go towards getting the baskets in the ground at this new course & city! :clap:

Closer....

Ron Box and the new Anderson Disc Golf Club had a very successful first ever event yesterday at General Pulaski Park. With more than 60 players showing up and over $1K raised for perm baskets at the course, it was a good day indeed. Thanks to all who helped out or bought a disc and played a round or two.

The course got good reviews in its' temp layout and should be even better in a permanent version. With some very nice trees, a few rolling mounds, a little elevation change and even three holes that play over or around a small pond, it provides a fairly challenging task. The best score turned in by any player was a -2, and only one other subpar round at -1. There is even a small woods in the park that we may be able to do some clearing in for a hole or two..... we'll see! :thmbup:

Latest posts