• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Got it today and toyed around with it a bit - absolutely awesome - although I haven't used it on the course just yet.

One feature I think would be nice is a toggle in the settings to default the scores to par. My other app does that and it makes it quicker when scoring....especially if you are on the 3 train.

Glad you like it! You can disable the putts and penalty boxes in the settings so tapping 3 at the bottom will just shoot you right to the next hole.

Oh, and please feel free to review it on the store if you get a minute :)

Last edited:
Bought the app. Like it so far but i haven't got to check it out on the course yet. I do agree $5 is a little steep but I also understand needing a return on your investment.

I know you are working on the IOS version now, but do you have ideas on features to add in the future? Anything over $0.99 I expect updates and improvements sooner than once a year.

I understand you just released it so I don't expect anything soon, just curious if you have thought into the future yet?

Is there a way to delete rounds? This comes in very handy when I am asked to keep score for doubles matches and for a "round" that I created to try out the app.

Bought the app. Like it so far but i haven't got to check it out on the course yet. I do agree $5 is a little steep but I also understand needing a return on your investment.

I know you are working on the IOS version now, but do you have ideas on features to add in the future? Anything over $0.99 I expect updates and improvements sooner than once a year.

I understand you just released it so I don't expect anything soon, just curious if you have thought into the future yet?

Most of the planned improvements have to do with rounding out the scoring portion so it has all the features people expect. Being able to change par/distance, choose a starting hole, saved par/distance for custom courses, etc.

And of course, the app is updated daily in a sense as new courses, photos, and reviews are added all the time.

Is there a way to delete rounds? This comes in very handy when I am asked to keep score for doubles matches and for a "round" that I created to try out the app.

Yup, if you view the round itself via the stats icon, an option to delete the round is available in the "3 dot" menu.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! If you wouldn't mind leaving a review on the play store that would be awesome :)

Nice job on the app, looks and works well! Stats page is great. Any plans for a dark mode? That worked great for daytime viewing on the Disc Caddy apps...

Nice job on the app, looks and works well! Stats page is great. Any plans for a dark mode? That worked great for daytime viewing on the Disc Caddy apps...
I hadn't thought about a dark mode, that's a good idea. I always just turned up the brightness. I'll add that to the list of potential future updates.

Btw, thank you for picking up the app, I really appreciate it. If you have time to throw a review up on the play store that would be great.

Thanks Jed, the way I see it, it's a one time fee. No in-app purchase non-sense and all future updates and additions will obviously be free.

Got my first round in with it on the course and was impressed overall.

I did have one weird thing happen that I'm not sure how to reproduce. I was 1/2 way through the round and after entering scores I fat fingered something while putting the phone away. When I unlocked my phone - it had taken me back to the create new round screen with the course I was playing selected and the members I had selected for the round....but no data at all. I was able to cancel out and go back into the initial round (which retained the data) so no big loss - but it definitely seemed like a bug so I thought I'd let ya know.

I have since made a new round to test and try and recreate and I can't get it to do it again with any combo of button smashing.

Just bought it today, I had the beta and liked it, so figured id spend the $5 to get the real thing

Thanks guys, if you could leave a review on the Play Store that would be great!

Timeetyo, I think that might happen if you hit the "back" button above the hole bar while you're recording a round, it takes you back to the "Start Round" screen and then it would start a new round if you "Start Round" again. Unless I'm not imagining what happened correctly? If that happens you can just hit "Home" and the Resume Round icon to get back to your round. Also, if that is the case, maybe removing that back icon would be best once a round starts to avoid accidents like that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
App has been updated. Here are the changes:

* Fixed issue with not being able to enter negative temperatures when starting a round
* Fixed some grammar issues in the App Settings screen
* Removed Premium requirement to import rounds from DGCR

Thanks guys, if you could leave a review on the Play Store that would be great!

Timeetyo, I think that might happen if you hit the "back" button above the hole bar while you're recording a round, it takes you back to the "Start Round" screen and then it would start a new round if you "Start Round" again. Unless I'm not imagining what happened correctly? If that happens you can just hit "Home" and the Resume Round icon to get back to your round. Also, if that is the case, maybe removing that back icon would be best once a round starts to avoid accidents like that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Yes - that is it. Love it when you fat finger things but don't know what you hit. :)

I would think 1 of 2 solutions to avoid the confusion:

1 - As you suggested - remove that back option once the round started. You can still get out via the home button which is intuitive.
2 - IF you use that back button once the round started - take it back to edit the round you had in progress (change the tee / weather / etc) - with a resume option from there which takes you back into your in process round once you made your change (with scores / progress saved).

For the time being, I'm thinking just removing the "back" functionality would be easier and maybe down the road implement the other scenario. I'll add it to the fix list. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited:
Was able to use the app for a round yesterday and and an incident similar to Timeetyo's, but mine occurred before the round started. I set up the round, then had to wait for a hour before we actually played. When I opened the app to score the first hole, it was on the home screen, rather than hole 1. At that point, I didn't notice the "Resume Round" button, so I started a new round. Now that I know the "Resume" button is there, I should have no problem.

As an old guy who does not see well, I'm concerned about the ability to enter scores in bright sunlight. With snow on the ground and bright sun in the sky, my glasses turn so dark that I can't see the screen of some of the scoring apps. If I take off the glasses, I can see the screen, but I can't read what's written on it.

The colors of your app are great. For the most part it's easy to see even in bright conditions. It's easy to punch in scores with those big orange buttons. The only concern I had was that I had a little trouble seeing the hole numbers in that situation. The hole-number identifying type is small and light, making it a little difficult to see. On the course I was playing, I knew the distances of each hole, so I was able to use the large distance identifier to verify that I was entering scores for the correct hole.

Similarly, the names of the players are a little small, too. I was keeping score for myself only, so it wasn't an issue yesterday, but it might be nice to if the names were a little larger. Maybe first names only or first names and last initial. There appears to be room to break a player's name over 2 lines on the scorecard, so making the font there a little larger should be possible.

From a standpoint of on-course functionality, I like this app very much.

Looking at the View Stats function, though, this seems a little slow. I imported rounds from DGCR and with 400+ rounds, it takes quite awhile to get to the All Rounds screen. Maybe the answer is to avoid All Rounds and just View Rounds for a single course. Or maybe I don't need my entire history in this app.

What about deleting rounds? In testing the app, I created several test rounds. I found I had to delete them one by one. Am I missing a way to select and delete multiple rounds? The delete verification messages says "Are you sure you want to delete the selected round(s)," so I'm thinking there must be a way to do multiple deletes.

Thanks again for putting this together. I'm very happy to have this.

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the app. I've already put in a request to either remove the "back" functionality when scoring a round or to make it just edit the existing round details.

I think the hole #'s are stuck at that font as I wanted to bump them up before but apparently it isn't possible from what I was told. I'll ask again as someone new has taken over the app since I asked the first time. I've also asked to bump up the font size on the names a bit.

My View Stats screen is pretty quick, I have only 150 rounds recorded though. Might be a function of phone speed? Not sure on that.

As far as deleting rounds, you have to do it one-by-one. The "round(s)" thing is there because you can delete multiple players from a card if you choose to but to delete an entire scorecard, it's a one-by-one thing.

I really don't see any need for the app personally, but I'm all about supporting this site and will end up buying it. $5 could feel like a lot, but come on... It's $5. That's like 15 minutes work. 30 minutes max. If you make less than that, get off this forum and go learn a trade.