• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated DGCR App

I know that I've been carping on lots of flaws that DGCR needs to fix, but I want to reiterate that my overall goal is for DGCR to return to it's greatness of years past.

But c'mon DGCR, please start doing better! On my version of the phone app I can't find a way to see any list of members. Am I missing something?

And while I'm on this rant, the Forums are one of the most important features that makes DGCR better than Udid. The fundamental reason why Udidnt is more popular than DGCR is because of the shift from computer browsers to phone apps. If DGCR wants to stay alive the app will have to be at least as good as Udisc and better in some ways. The main strengths of DGCR are the reliable ratings, informative reviews, and engaging Forums. IMNSHO making the Forums accessible on the phone app is a non-negotiable just to stay competitive.

Do you want to see a list of 100k members?

We tried to make the forum a different experience with some built-in functionality from the app. However, I believe it should just be the mobile version of the site, stripped down to be faster for loading, which is in the works.

Literally 2 people working on this, so our development compared to competitors is 2 vs 16+.

Yes. We are at 2.1.0 (2000104) now.
Greens,

For the 3rd or 4th time in the last 7 days I have deleted the iOS app and reinstalled the new version. With the latest version I can now vote on reviews on the app, so thanks for fixing this Greens!

Do you want to see a list of 100k members?

We tried to make the forum a different experience with some built-in functionality from the app. However, I believe it should just be the mobile version of the site, stripped down to be faster for loading, which is in the works.

Literally 2 people working on this, so our development compared to competitors is 2 vs 16+.
Yes, on the app I want to be able to find members. There should at least be a tab and a search function to find members. On the desktop/browser based site I want to see the full list of members like we used to be able to. I want to be able to sort by oldest and newest members simply by clicking on the top of the column. I also want to see the date that members joined.

Won't it be cool to see when DGCR reaches 200,000 members? That will be a cause for celebration. Even 150k is great.

Greens,

For the 3rd or 4th time in the last 7 days I have deleted the iOS app and reinstalled the new version. With the latest version I can now vote on reviews on the app, so thanks for fixing this Greens!
Glad to hear it works. You shouldn't have to delete the app. Especially on iOS, is it showing updates? Mine auto-updates when a new version is out.

Won't it be cool to see when DGCR reaches 200,000 members? That will be a cause for celebration. Even 150k is great.
Numbers are cool if they are active, and enjoying the community is another. Bigger isn't always better.
the bigger the party the bigger the scam GIF by National Geographic Channel
Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

lol.

LOL.

I wasn't so sure about you at first but you've earned my respect Greens.

Numbers are cool if they are active, and enjoying the community is another. Bigger isn't always better.
Just like the PDGA where only a minority of numbers remain active, it will still be cool when DGCR member number gets to 200K. I'm a long-time DGCR geek, so I was actively watching when the DGCR membership approached 100,000. (Maybe you could give that #200,000 a free membership for 1 year?)

For the App, to me, and to most Course Collectors, this is in my Top 3 Most Essential features of the DGCR phone app.

DGCR Screenshot 2024-01-18 Membership.png

Please see benefit 2 that is promised with Membership... "Limit your course browsing to only courses you HAVEN'T played." For about 3 months I've seen prominent and active DGCR members request that this get fixed on the app, yet still nothing has been done on this. (Thankfully it already does work on the desktop version.) So I would respectfully like to ask, where is this item in the queue of app improvements? How soon can it be fixed?

Be sure you have the latest update. This rolled out last week if not the week before that.
YAY!! With the update I did today I finally have this Essential item. Thanks so much!!

Greens,

Not to be ungrateful, but would you please add 2 more items to the queue for app improvements?

Filter by...
Played
Wishlist

The way that Udisc has these 3 filters at the top is so simple and easy to use...
Played
Unplayed
Wishlist
Us Course Collectors frequently toggle between these 3 filters based on various needs of the moment.

(I don't like complimenting Udisc on here but this seems useful.)

Just found out about the "updated" app.
There has to be a better and faster way to get this "update"
It only took me like seven days to find out about it.

Enable auto update from the App Store? I'm posting regularly right now with the roadmap thread.

Thanks for the heads up... I just found out about the updated app as well been a few changes haha. Looks really, really good.

I still find the landing page a bit odd but very useful and user friendly. Once you know what you are looking at. I would consider formatting the reviews slightly differently. Smaller user/poster avatar and list the course below it in larger font and left before the time stamp.

Maybe a "Course Search 🔎" bar below the submit a round.

Forum looks good thanks for the next and last buttons! Looks great in dark mode and is pretty awesome all round. Works fast... a lot easier to get around.

It would be nice if I clicked notifications and then the post if it reverted to the same "regular view" with the usual top menu bar New Watched etc. I seem to be stuck in the older style view until I click a post by getting through the forum folder menu(On my Samsung xcover6). But I can get around that...

Great job

Last edited:
If you put in a round on the app and the par for a hole is not what it says on the sign you can choose "choose par", 9 or 54??? Not even 3 like it was to begin with?

Before I comment on the updated app, I have a question--if you're a paid subscriber, does the app offer additional features not available to those using it for free. I'm speaking mostly about keeping score during a round, I have a few comments about that but I want to ask first if there are more features available if you're a paid subscriber.

I want to ask first if there are more features available if you're a paid subscriber.
Well, I believe there are some more filters. But I'm a paid subscriber and the app sucks for me too. Especially the scorekeeping part. 🙁

All of the filters requested by @Cerealman and @Olorin have been implemented.

IMG_7B173CB2B8E8-1.jpeg

We've cleaned up the filters quite a bit.

IMG_5AFEC8F2C8FF-1.jpeg

I'd love to discuss scoring a bit more and offer other features. Feel free to continue to submit suggestions, as of today we are on v2.1.4(2000118)

Also, folks looking to score thumbs up and down, must click into the actual review and scroll to the bottom to vote. apologies for this not being more clear.