• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Mobile Apps

greens

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I want to get feedback on the DGCR mobile applications for Android and iOS.

1. Do you use either? (not the mobile style, the actual apps)
2. What do you mostly use the app to do?
3. What would you like to see added or changed with the mobile apps.

i use udisc on mobile/phone

most useful for a course bagger like myself is to log in on the road to exclude played courses and find new ones in the area (but after figuring out what courses i wanna play then its back to udisc)

currently if i was to use it moar i still would log in on the internet browser and only do so to update my course count if im bored at a campsite or if i need to urgently correct someone or update course conditions

I use the app on Android to keep scores and lookup review of courses.

I'd like to have my badges displayable in the app.
I'd like to be able to record rounds offline (with no cell service or wifi).

I pretty much use the DGCR (android) app exclusively for score keeping and finding courses on the map. While the scorekeeping seems a bit glitchy at times, it automatically marks new courses as played, and loads the round to my scorebook. I like that I can find a course using the app and click the directions to navigate via Google maps....very convenient. Easier than copying/pasting coords or an address.

Not sure I'm getting all I could/should out of the app, but I use Google Chrome for pretty much everything else I do on the site (forums, read and write reviews, planning trips).

Last edited:
I use the DGCR Android app.

I'd like to be able to offline the list of played courses so I can record rounds without a mobile signal, so long as it's not a new course. As it currently stands, sometimes I've started a round when I had a tiny bit of signal, but the app crashed due to lack of signal later. Offline rounds!

I'd also like to be able to approve my mobile rounds through the app.

I use the App on iOS mainly to look up courses on the map (or near me) and occasionally to keep score.

As far as adds or changes, I'll have to think about that, and read the incoming suggestions.

i mainly use the (android)app to keep score & sometimes to find courses while on the road. i would like customization of (scorecard)colors, use map w/o location on, set par for custom course-tested, it can do this.

I use DGCR app on Android mostly to find courses/read reviews (what it really was built for admittedly). Beyond that, the UDisc app is better for me for keeping score (much more versatility), I find the course layout variety much better and usually more accurate, and the maps are essential for finding the next hole in real time when course is tricky to follow (which is many of them). I also like being able to see recent round scoring.
I do really like that DGCR gives an approximate round rating, immediately upon playing. That's pretty cool, even if only based upon SSE.

All that said, the biggest benefit this site (mobile and web) has is the review function. Please do nothing to hurt that! Udisc reviews can't touch this.

I use the iOS app on the rare occasion I am keeping score. It has always worked glitch free. The simplicity in how it works is its greatest feature, in my opinion. I like the way it tracks putts and penalties and also the round rating assessment. I tried Udisc but did not care for it.

Everything else on DGCR I do from my laptop. I very rarely use my phone for anything internet related.

DGCR app on Android is how I score my rounds. I've only scored a handful of rounds on Udisc and didn't care for it. And that was only for courses not listed here. Their maps are better for sure, but I have both apps, Udisc being for the maps exclusively essentially.

I'd like to see offline scoring available as others have said. Maybe be able to save the scores until rounds can be submitted. Multiple rounds would be great.

Maybe a quicker, easier way to change all the pars to 3 but retain the hole lengths for a given layout. I play a lot of random 9 hole courses where I'd like easily change it to a par 27, instead of a par 35. I don't throw far, but even I feel guilty eagleing a 375' par 5 :D

DGCR Android:

I'd like to adjust the hole length and par on the fly if need be. Sometimes holes change before the info on DGCR is updated, temp holes, randomly playing a short tee here or there, etc.

Eliminating and adding holes would be cool too - there's time where I jump holes due to traffic or time constraints. I'd be nice to only need to list exactly the holes I played. Tyler Park, PA for instance has two 18 hole courses and there's times where we'll jump from East to West and I'd be nice to add "24, 25, 26" to my scorecard.

Preset red/blue/gold doesn't always work for the rounds I play.

I use the DGCR Android app. I have a few thoughts, very similar to what others have said (comparisons to UDisc are unavoidable since UDisc is "the app for disc golfers")...

- The simplicity of the DGCR app is its biggest asset, in my opinion. I have played rounds with people who use UDisc and all of the tracking features it provides, like did the disc land on or off the fairway, circle 1 or 2, etc. I totally respect people who want to track those things but I don't need that. I like just being able to see the hole distance and par, then entering in my score and number of putts (I turned the penalty strokes off). If playing a course for the first time, my main focus is usually on my notes for the course which will later become my review. I like just having a simple scoring tool that I can look back at later to see how I did, and that marks the course as played automatically.
- The biggest thing I think it needs is offline support. Sometimes if I know I will be playing a course where cell service is spotty or nonexistent, I will "start" my round in the app before I get to the course and then wait to submit it until after I get back into a good service area. However this strategy doesn't work if I am playing multiple rounds in a row without detouring to cell service in between.
- I like the button on the course info page that links to Google Maps directions to the pin location.
- I like being able to access the course map and look for nearby courses.
- I agree that it would be nice to be able to adjust the hole info on the fly, but don't see that as a must-have. I like that it can be adjusted later from the Scorebook page by editing my round and re-selecting the layout played.

I've been a member here for four years, and a supporter for three - and I didn't even know there was a DGCR app!

I returned to disc golf right at the time uDisc was taking off in 2018; it's been my scorekeeper and course navigator for 500+ rounds, and my course finder for 375 courses. At this point uDisc has my data, and I especially value the performance stats (C1x, GIR, etc) for tracking my progress.

While uDisc has me locked up for scorekeeping and navigating, DGCR is my go-to for thoughtful reviews and planning bagging runs. I've invested the time to write almost 300 reviews here (that I then shrink down to fit the 450 character max at uDisc).
So for play, it's uDisc first; for reviews, it's DGCR first.

Because of the way that I've accustomed myself to using them, I don't see either uDisc or DGCR replacing the other.

Last edited:
I haven't dabbled with the app.

Is there a feature that lets you update the current course conditions? If not, there should be.

One of my favorite things is that feature on Udisc. Before I even leave the house I can usually look and see if the course "is very muddy" or if "basket 6 is flooded and unplayable" or if the course "hasn't been mowed in months" and I can use this information to decide if I should play there or pick a different course.

- I agree that it would be nice to be able to adjust the hole info on the fly, but don't see that as a must-have. I like that it can be adjusted later from the Scorebook page by editing my round and re-selecting the layout played.

DGCR Android:

I'd like to adjust the hole length and par on the fly if need be. Sometimes holes change before the info on DGCR is updated, temp holes, randomly playing a short tee here or there, etc.

Maybe a quicker, easier way to change all the pars to 3 but retain the hole lengths for a given layout. I play a lot of random 9 hole courses where I'd like easily change it to a par 27, instead of a par 35. I don't throw far, but even I feel guilty eagleing a 375' par 5 :D

you can change the par & length on the fly: long press the line with the length/par.
you can also long press the username for hole specific notes.

I use the android app for scorekeeping and occasionally to search for a nearby course. Works fine for me except the exclude already played feature doesn't work for me on the app. Didn't see anyone else mention that, so maybe the problem's on my end.

you can change the par & length on the fly: long press the line with the length/par.
you can also long press the username for hole specific notes.

HOLY COW I never knew this!

Thank you!! :D I will have to play with this feature.

Works fine for me except the exclude already played feature doesn't work for me on the app. Didn't see anyone else mention that, so maybe the problem's on my end.

It works for me, but I remember having an issue getting it to update on the app when I first got a Premium subscription.

I want to say I had to log out then log back in within the app for it to work. Have you tried that? It might also be that I had to figure out something more than that. It was a while ago now, but again I remember initially having an issue with that.

It works for me, but I remember having an issue getting it to update on the app when I first got a Premium subscription.

I want to say I had to log out then log back in within the app for it to work. Have you tried that? It might also be that I had to figure out something more than that. It was a while ago now, but again I remember initially having an issue with that.

Thank you!! After logging out and back in again, exclude already played works in map view. Feel like a dunce for not thinking to try that myself.:doh:

Trying to filter in list view causes the app to get all wonky and it eventually just punts me back to the initial screen.

Latest posts