• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated DGCR App

New scorecard is terrible. I enjoyed not having to pay a subscription for a decent scorecard app. Maybe I'm missing something.

The new app is missing one of the KEY features that made it worthwhile to pay to join. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a way to "Exclude Already Played" on your course map. Please, please, please restore this function as soon as possible. As I said this is essential, esp for us course collectors (DGCR's core audience).

Let's face it... I've been very sad that DGCR has been in decline for quite a while since Usomething has ascended. It reminds of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, DGCR has been weakly calling out, "I'm not dead yet. I'm getting better really."

In order to keep up with the current phone generation the DGCR app MUST be even better than Udisc. PLEASE copy Udisc and provide options on the app to filter by
-Unplayed (THE most esssential for course collectors!)
-Played
-Wishlist

For DGCR to stay alive and compete these simple changes MUST be made soon!

DGCR can exceed Udisc by adding a filter on the app to be able to filter by Extinct courses only. I would especially like to see a Map that shows my personal Played + Extinct courses.

I get that DGCR is still primarily browser based, but if it is going to survive then the app needs to be more robust too!

I love DGCR and I was one of the first 80 members in 2007 so all of my comments are meant to be constructive so that DGCR is around for the next 30 years!

The new app is missing one of the KEY features that made it worthwhile to pay to join. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a way to "Exclude Already Played" on your course map. Please, please, please restore this function as soon as possible.
THIS.

That single feature prompted me to sign up as a Premium Member years ago.

The new app is missing one of the KEY features that made it worthwhile to pay to join. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a way to "Exclude Already Played" on your course map. Please, please, please restore this function as soon as possible. As I said this is essential, esp for us course collectors (DGCR's core audience).

That single feature prompted me to sign up as a Premium Member years ago.

Yup, same thing here and @cefire agrees as well.

Dear @greens Is there a plan for this feature to return at some point and if so what would be the ETA? Appreciate your response in advance.

Some thoughts on the app, Android version.
App version 2.00.8 (2000093)

When in the forums, no easy way to get to last read or newest entry.
Scrolling through years of old stuff is not efficient...

Having my past rounds pop up,
but not say what course the scores are from is not efficient....

The previous app looked similar to the website,
this "updated" version does not...
similar is helpful.

new scorecard...yuck
editing footage...1 foot at a time...double yuck

• Filter (premium feature)
  • Updating rounds with names of the course on the main screen of the app.
  • Scorecard updated yardage (updated in iOS already)
These are the items being worked on this week.

The previous app had a direct link to the forum, and wasn't built in. I hope to improve the forum workings, I have a lot of ideas around that.

• Updating rounds with the courses' names on the app's main screen.
This has been added. I'm still unhappy with the interface, so I'm trying to find a designer to help me make it pretty and add sparkles. Not sure we need the avatar, and "username's Round". I think saving space and a date would be more important.
IMG_8559C7DDF67F-1.jpeg

This should be live now. Again, there are way too many filters, in my opinion for a mobile app. I would love to offer a simple vs full filter system.

IMG_B903A11D5437-1.jpeg
  • Scorecard updated yardage (updated in iOS already)
Again, this is already on iOS, I tested it several times today on courses around the country.

Could definitely minimalize the interface to [Player/Date/Course/Score]. Maybe add the to par? For that (and possibly sitewide), shorten "Even" to just "E"

The filter is good! Previously there was a smaller menu of 5 or 6 "main" filters, then a "More" option that would open the full filter menu. I can't remember exactly what the main ones were, someone else might. I know already played and distance from marked point were two of them (25, 50, 75 miles), and I think min/max review score was another main one.

This may be a big ask, but moving the course name search out of the filters and into it's own space would be huge. It could be a separate tab even, or part of the "Browse Courses" screen. The map view would be good to keep, but the main issue is currently if for example I search for "Legacy" I only get courses within my red circle in the list view. Would be nice if I'm searching for a course far away to have that in the list view (Legacy Park in Kennesaw, GA per se) for if I only know a part of the name so I don't have to go clicking all over the map view (Legacy is probably a bad example, something like Hidden or Quail as the search term makes more sense for this example)

This should be live now. Again, there are way too many filters, in my opinion for a mobile app. I would love to offer a simple vs full filter system.

View attachment 330934

For me the "Pet friendly" filter is right up there with "exclude played".

I also use the "9 holes or less" filter when trying to squeeze in one more course on road trips . . .

Another KEY problem with the new app... when I read reviews the app will not allow me to give Yes/Thumbs up votes! This is a basic and ESSENTIAL feature!! When can we expect this to be fixed? This is frustrating!!

This broke with an update. This has been fixed in the latest update.
Greens,

I deleted the app on my iphone and reinstalled it and the problem still remains. When I read a review I am unable to give it a Yes vote on my phone. This is an essential, non-negotiable item!

Greens,

I deleted the app on my iphone and reinstalled it and the problem still remains. When I read a review I am unable to give it a Yes vote on my phone. This is an essential, non-negotiable item!
Android or iOS?
If Android, do you know what version of Android and phone type?

Android or iOS?
If Android, do you know what version of Android and phone type?
He's using an iPhone, I'm guessing he's running IOS 😉

Assuming, of course, he's not using the word iPhone like Kleenex, Windex, or Kool-Aid

New push today for iPhones is out. Believe it should fix your problem with reviews.

New push today for iPhones is out. Believe it should fix your problem with reviews.
Still doesn't work on iOS. version 2.0.9 (2000101)

Do we need to download the latest version for this to take effect?