• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

InMyBag: Disc Golf Social Media Platform

I think if you could get the pros to update their bags this is something I would watch very closely. If you could add the ability to specify what exactly the disc is used for (for example Mcbeast bags like 6 destroyers) that would be helpful as well. It would be interesting to see how their bags change for tournaments like GBO which tends to be windy and USDGC with all of the OB ropes. I don't think knowing exactly what disc they are throwing every hole is a reasonable thing to expect at this point. You could always make it possible for them to share practice round thoughts or a game plan for how they are going to attack specific holes but it may be hard to get them to share those specifics.

I really don't know if the pros would consistently update it or not. Did anyone ever think they would care to say what they are eating every meal of the day with Twitter or take Instagram pictures of ridiculously simple and stupid stuff? No, but people did; you never know till you try :) I am not sure what the manufacturer I am working with is going to do as far as getting their sponsored players to use the app. It will be interesting to see what they do; I'll keep you guys updated!

I want to thank you for being willing to try to push the progression of how we connect to our game. I think DG is the perfect avenue for some like this because what we bag is so personal and varies so widely. I am excited to see where this goes.

Thanks for the kind words! It's not easy to wade through criticism, but it always helps to get some positive words. That's all I am really trying to do here...just push the progression of connectivity in the game. Our bags are really personal and important to us and that's why I thought it would be sick to have some sort of organized avenue to share what's in them...especially the pros, cuz that's what we all really care about, haha.

Again, thanks to everyone who has taken that annoying survey and voiced their opinion thus far. I'll be speaking with the manufacturer representative next week, so I am hoping I can relay some of the opinions I have heard today :)

This is why I am going to the manufacturers/sponsors directly and getting them onboard first. I already have one whom I am currently working with. I hope to get other manufacturers/sponsors on board after establishing InMyBag in the disc golf scene.

Please don't tell me it is Salient. :wall:

The length of the feature list, some of capabilities, and the part time development aspects makes InMyBag feel more like a dream than a reality.

It's not Salient, haha. I don't wanna say just in case the company wants to keep their name out of it for the time being; don't want to end up in jail or something.

As far as the feature list goes, I am relying on you guys to tell me what features you want. If you don't want InMyBag to have a lot of the features that DGCoursereview and discgolfscene already have then that's a lot less work for me to do. The app is up on the google play store if you want to check out it's current level of functionality. I want InMyBag to make a difference and come to fruition, so believe me when I say, I'll put the hours in to build this thing out to completion :)

So, I guess the question I should be asking, is anyone else interested in having access to what any of the pros have in their bag at any given time for a particular course? If not, I can just stop development of this app and fine something else to devote my time to.

No I'm not. I can find out enough by watching discgolfguy, ccdg, and other videos. Sorry.

Best of luck!

Also, not trying to be petty or nitpicky, but here I go...a lot of the disc golf sites and apps look like trash or they look like they are 10 years old which is ancient in techno years. Just saying.

As a full stack web developer working with current web technologies every day, I can tell you what I am going to build will be simple, clean, intuitive, and built with the latest web technologies. This may not matter to some/most of you, but to the small percent who do care about a professionally and beautifully built product geared towards our amazing sport, I'll deliver 100% :thmbup:

Last edited:
Yeah, but the only people I can see liking this app are "superfans". It's interesting to see what the pros are throwing, but most of them have ITB videos anyway.

Now, I'm sure the app will be super cool. Figure out some additional functions and I'll definitely try it.

Yeah, but the only people I can see liking this app are "superfans". It's interesting to see what the pros are throwing, but most of them have ITB videos anyway.

But they rarely do ITB's before the tournament, and they definitely don't do it for EACH tournament which, I personally would like to watch one for all my favorites players before each tournament they are in. I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect this from our players and their sponsors if we want to gear this sport up to a higher level like ball golf.

Now, I'm sure the app will be super cool. Figure out some additional functions and I'll definitely try it.

I'll literally build whatever you guys want within reason...and given enough time. I'll be graduating from college in the spring and then I'll be able to code all day every day without the hindrance of school :wall: haha

But they rarely do ITB's before the tournament, and they definitely don't do it for EACH tournament which, I personally would like to watch one for all my favorites players before each tournament they are in. I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect this from our players and their sponsors if we want to gear this sport up to a higher level like ball golf.

I understand. I just can't see pros updating this on-course. Maybe after their round, but not in real time. If I were a pro I wouldn't want to spend all my time on the course on my phone. Many people including me enjoy disc golfing so they can un-plug for a few hours on the course.

That said, I certainly hope you're successful. BTW are you planning to make money from this endeavor or is the app strictly a hobby?

I understand. I just can't see pros updating this on-course. Maybe after their round, but not in real time. If I were a pro I wouldn't want to spend all my time on the course on my phone. Many people including me enjoy disc golfing so they can un-plug for a few hours on the course.

Well as far as "on course" goes, just update your bag in-app before the tournament and then there is no need to do anything during the tournament. Or they can get their caddy to make any changes during the tournament..?? But you are right, I can't see them messing around in the app during a tournament, nor would I want them too. They need to be focused 100%!

That said, I certainly hope you're successful. BTW are you planning to make money from this endeavor or is the app strictly a hobby?

Thanks for the kind words, it really means a lot to me! It honestly started out as a hobby. I love coding, making beautiful things on the internet and disc golf, so I figured this would be a fun project. I decided to approach one of the top disc golf manufacturers 3 weeks ago with it (fully expecting them to ignore me) but a representative replied back a few days later. Since then, we've been in steady communication, setting various things up. I really and truly want to help bring our sport to the next level with this app, but if there is some money I can make along the way to help pay off the ol' college debt I certainly won't complain, haha.

I have no interest in sterile in the bags. Need to have some talk about what the disc is used for and/or show some shots with it. So basically what the ITBs on Youtube and some tournament coverage that has this data are already doing. More of that, please!

If you think school is a hindrance, wait until you have a real job....

real jobs are great when you go home, you don't have homework....

oh yeah and they pay you instead of the other way around....

Is it easier/more accessible to have a web app version? I don't know much about coding and the like, but there are some things I prefer to do on the computer with a mouse when doing a lot of complex things, unless of course the mobile app is flawlessly easy. also wonder if people would be more likely to try it from an online version before downloading and installing a new app just to try it out and look around?

real jobs are great when you go home, you don't have homework....

oh yeah and they pay you instead of the other way around....

I had way more free time for side projects when I was in school.

The last thing I want to do after going home from coding 8+ hours is more coding.

Is it easier/more accessible to have a web app version? I don't know much about coding and the like, but there are some things I prefer to do on the computer with a mouse when doing a lot of complex things, unless of course the mobile app is flawlessly easy. also wonder if people would be more likely to try it from an online version before downloading and installing a new app just to try it out and look around?

All of the proposed features already exist within a number of other web apps (DGCR, DGS, DGU, etc). And even those are not used all that much. How many people here actually keep their disc organizer up-to-date?

If you think school is a hindrance, wait until you have a real job....

I do have a real job building a company with a local startup. I also do a lot of subcontracting work in other web related projects :thmbup: I wasn't kidding when I said I love to code, haha.

it seems biased towards players who actually play dg a lot - more than once a week.