• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

This is a screenshot.

attachment.php

How do you see your course count, or map of courses played?

How do you see your course count, or map of courses played?

Agreed, Greens said this is still being worked on.

I'm a little disappointed that my Diamond looks a little like a gold, or a lot like gold actually. :\

I'd be nice if it showed either above or below the state, the number of courses you've played in that state. And like Bogey said, total courses played at the top. :thmbup:

So that must be why i got an email saying will no longer automatically be charged for my premium meemberships . . . i thought maybe i was booted for saying something. I use Udisc and DGCR for different reasons but have found DGCR being left in the dust with some of the Udisc updates. Id much rather keep DGCR going though because it is so much easier to plan trips and find good courses. Plus I have 14 years of history recorded on the site that I dont want to lose.

As I stated previously - In addition to having top rated courses in order, in my view it would be nice if the home page continued to have:
1) Links to recently posted course reviews.
2) A random course of the day.

An updated homepage is being worked on based on the feedback.
Hope to have an update in a few days.

Loving all this feedback, and yes I can take a joke. Especially those that are corny, my refrigerator is running so I need to go catch it.

I got locked out of the new one haha, probably a step in the right direction to shine up the place..

One thing I've (not) noticed is when I get quoted more than once I have to use the back button to respond since I don't know where quoted notifications reside on mobile. Or just remember where the post was and find it.

So that might be nice to have that in the statistics page.

Other than that real excited to try it out, I'm sure there will be a flood of suggestions when it goes live.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying it more and making more suggestions once it goes live. I haven't tried the forum part at all on the beta.

Can you make sure to include the date the course was played when you view the Played list?

Agreed. :thmbup:

As I stated previously - In addition to having top rated courses in order, in my view it would be nice if the home page continued to have:
1) Links to recently posted course reviews.
2) A random course of the day.

Also agree with all of this. :clap:

Another thing I'd like to see is a way to see how many courses you've played in any given state. It's kind of weird currently. There is one place where I can look at my courses played and below each state it tells you how many. It doesn't always do this though. Not even totally sure why some do and some don't.

I'm not sure how much I like the zoomed out map view now. It lists a number (courses) by a given city until you zoom in close enough. Udisc style. I prefer the current DGCR setup for this. I do like how you kept the color coded baskets. Orange is 18, blue is 9, yellow is over 9 but less than 18, etc.

I think the number of courses in an area when you're zoomed out is fine, but I would like to see each individual course slightly farther out than it is currently. As in, once you get to a certain threshold, every course is shown no matter how many there are.

Side note, I just marked a course as played an hour ago (today is still 7/10/2023 and it's only 8:39PM) and it's saying I played the course tomorrow in the future which hasn't even happened yet (7/11/2023).. why is it doing this?

Kind of annoying that this keeps happening for no reason unless the website's internal time is on Australian time or something.

EDIT: I seemed to have fixed it by un-playing it and then marking it as played again. Interesting.

Side note, I just marked a course as played an hour ago (today is still 7/10/2023 and it's only 8:39PM) and it's saying I played the course tomorrow in the future which hasn't even happened yet (7/11/2023).. why is it doing this?

Kind of annoying that this keeps happening for no reason unless the website's internal time is on Australian time or something.

EDIT: I seemed to have fixed it by un-playing it and then marking it as played again. Interesting.

Is this on the current site, or new site?

I suspect it is because the site is using UTC time to track that, but Greens can probably confirm. But not sure why it would update to today when re-doing that, so... interesting...

Is this on the current site, or new site?

I suspect it is because the site is using UTC time to track that, but Greens can probably confirm. But not sure why it would update to today when re-doing that, so... interesting...

Current site. I'm sure this has been asked already but is the current version going to be phased out eventually or will there be an option to switch back and forth from new to old?

Current site. I'm sure this has been asked already but is the current version going to be phased out eventually or will there be an option to switch back and forth from new to old?

No turning back once the switch is made. There are many layers to the software, and once we make the shift, there's only one way thru the rabbit hole.
We may offer a different style for a time, but that is secondary.

A classic skin for those of us who aren't ready to leave the late 1990s yet.
(okay, maybe 2002)

Maybe a spot to link to a user's other social media? Lots of dem yung'uns like to do this Instantgum, MySpace stuff.

We are shooting for a target launch date of this week.

Will give a more specific date, when I know to let everyone know further.

It's crazy that you're updating this site and have played exactly 1 course. :p