• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Welcome to the next generation of DGCourseReview

Try clearing your filters .. they are saved everytime you use them.
As I mentioned in the issues thread, some of us see filter settings being saved (and always having to clear them) as a problem.

Is there any way to not save filter settings as the default?

No. App is still relevant, and working on an update.
Thanks for the reply. One issue I'm having today is accessing info on the app. The baskets have returned to the map, but when I click one, the app closes as soon as the course info loads. Got some travel coming up and was really depending on this app to get me around from course to course.

I mostly use a desktop to view and I'm not crazy about the updated. I'm also not crazy about the logo, looks like a refresh button. I liked the use of the pencil basket in the old logo. Current home page isn't a home page, it's a browse courses page. The browse map doesn't seem to have the radius option so not sure what radius is being used. I would love to just see all courses all the time and just zoom in and out and not have to reclick as I move the map to load the courses again. The top bagger section and sort members by courses played seems to be gone. These were two features I used a lot. The main reason I use this site is for the directory of courses and the ability to track those courses and see silly stats/milestones based on what I've played. Reviews are helpful and set this site apart from Udisc. I do wish being able to give a rating without a review was a thing but understand keeping it linked to the review. Another major thing I use this site for is trip planning and having a printer friendly option of a course's course info page is really important to me. current Browser Print preview was 3 pages and not well laid out, a single page condensed page with all the needed info would be great. I print these and maps in case the courses are in areas with no service which they often are. The forums seemed improved but wasn't something I used enough that I was bothered with the old or will be bothered by the new. If the forum was the big reason for the update I'm not sure why we couldn't have kept the website side of things more true to the old layout and features. I also use the app and the scorebook a lot and hope this doesn't change much. I prefer the scorecard function of the app to the UDisc app.

Last edited:
Ah, I tried again, hit "applly filters" and it then showed me all the courses again.

Good thing, planning a trip tomorrow to KC

The top bagger section and sort members by courses played seems to be gone. These were two features I used a lot.

I'll ask this as well - Is this gone forever? So far, most of the things that set DGCR apart from UDisc are either missing or handicapped in some way. I've visited this site at least several times a week for 18+ years and I can't say that about UDisc or any other site. I agree with most of the other points from gottafixit too and hope that it gets addressed.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the updated DGCourseReview.

I'm so excited to be able to share this new agile, mobile-friendly version of the best Disc Golf Community on the internet.

Shortly I will post "how to" guides to help navigate the site, and I'm sure I will field all the constructive feedback the users have.

There are still a number of items such as permissions to work out and a long list of feedback some of the great users here shared along the way.

Thank you for your patience and trust as we've spent the last six months working on this, and looking forward to the next many years improving the experience.

Greens and the team at DGCourseReview
Are the how to guides posted anywhere yet? My apologies if the they are and I just missed them.

I wanted to check out a course I was considering playing. Had trouble finding information about the course. Got mostly forum stuff. Never did find hole lengths. The new site is better looking but mostly useless.

I wanted to check out a course I was considering playing. Had trouble finding information about the course. Got mostly forum stuff. Never did find hole lengths. The new site is better looking but mostly useless.
There's a second step that isn't obvious (or at least wasn't obvious to me initially)...

When you search for a course using the universal (magnifying glass) search function, notice there's a drop-down to the right of the box that appears. After entering the name of the course you're looking for, change from "Everywhere" to "Courses" on the right side of the box.

I hate the home page. It is basically full of courses not near me and thus is completely useless. You used to be able to see what was going on at the whole site from the home page. Perhaps the change was made to increase clicks. I ain't clickbait and thus my only time here since the change, was to complain, as it will be until the homepage is made relevant again. The rest of the site does seem improved, but all that effort will be wasted by the awful home page.

I hate the home page. It is basically full of courses not near me and thus is completely useless. You used to be able to see what was going on at the whole site from the home page. Perhaps the change was made to increase clicks. I ain't clickbait and thus my only time here since the change, was to complain, as it will be until the homepage is made relevant again. The rest of the site does seem improved, but all that effort will be wasted by the awful home page.
I liked the old home page much better too. I feel for greens here though. When he took over, lots of people were complaining that the site was outdated and needed a refresh. He did an update to make the site more modern and everyone is complaining that the old one was better. Seems like a lose/lose for him.

It seems like the forums were in dire need of an update, but most people liked the way the rest of the site worked and looked (even if they complained about it at the time). Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Where can we find the requirements for each level of Trusted Reviewer?
I looked around, and I don't see anything in the Help section.

Where can we find the requirements for each level of Trusted Reviewer?
I looked around, and I don't see anything in the Help section.
TR Qualifications
icon_trusted_bronze.gif

Bronze: 10 Reviews, 100 Helpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_silver.gif

Silver: 25 Reviews, 200 Helpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_gold.gif

Gold: 35 Reviews, 350 Helpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
icon_trusted_diamond.gif

Diamond: 60 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Found here: Trusted Reviewer Qualification Info. & Minis

TR Qualifications
Bronze: 10 Reviews, 100 Helpful Votes, 20 Unique Voters
Silver: 25 Reviews, 200 Helpful Votes, 35 Unique Voters
Gold: 35 Reviews, 350 Helpful Votes, 75 Unique Voters
Diamond: 60 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Found here: Trusted Reviewer Qualification Info. & Minis
I think these are the old criteria since Diamond was changed to 250 Uniques as well as all of the lower level TR quals. Also the post that is referenced is from 2009. There used to be a definitive list under FAQs.

Plus, there was once an explanation of the percentage of Helpful to Total votes needed, but that is also missing. Question: Is this percentage still in effect in the New DGCR?

Is TimG around anywhere?

Gotcha, that's the only criteria I was able to find using the search bar. Pretty new to the site and was not aware the qualifications had changed. Thanks for the update though. Maybe TimG can answer?

Latest posts