• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

greens

Administrator
Staff member
I'm excited to announce the next version of DGCourseReview is coming soon.

There are still improvements being made, but early feedback from some of the members has been overall positive. They have also provided improvements that we are working on non-stop. Thank you to those users again for their candid feedback as we continue to work to improve DGCR.

If you're interested in trying out the next version of DGCR, please send me a PM so I can get you access. I'm looking for additional users to offer feedback on missed items.

For now, I will leave you with a preview of the new logo and a few other features.
  • We will have a light and dark mode
  • Single login across the site
  • One responsive view for desktop and mobile
  • Additional places to note reviewer status

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 8.53.30 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 8.53.30 AM.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 8.56.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 8.56.08 AM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 106
Is this why we are getting NO response to requests for fixes/changes to the site? Over the past few months, I've contacted mods about courses that have been pulled, wrong information on baskets, wrong/questionable number of baskets, wrong name for course, etc. No changes have been made, and I have not heard back from anyone.

Is this why we are getting NO response to requests for fixes/changes to the site? Over the past few months, I've contacted mods about courses that have been pulled, wrong information on baskets, wrong/questionable number of baskets, wrong name for course, etc. No changes have been made, and I have not heard back from anyone.

Hello there - I haven't received any email, or PM from you requesting any updates for courses. I'm happy to address any issues remaining, as I know I've gone through about 15 requests over the last 24 hours.

To ensure this thread doesn't get off-topic, feel free to open a conversation with me or use the report button and I will address the concerns asap.

Thanks
Alan

Rumor on the street has it Social Groups will no longer be supported upon update.

Any other features/functionality we can expect to lose?

I was/am one of the early testers who gave feedback and I'd just like to back up what Alan/Greens said.

Change is hard, and I'm sure there will be some issues to address once the new version goes live. But I'm very optimistic that this update will bring DGCR forward into the modern era. It might even help attract more new people to the site. Based on what I saw, there are a lot of things to like about it. I'm excited.

Rumor on the street has it Social Groups will no longer be supported upon update.

I think we, the users, stopped supporting the social groups a few years ago. Same thing with the videos and tourney calendar sections. There are way better resources out there nowadays. I'm not going to complain if those or the disc organizer get the axe.

As long as the course directory and forums migrate over and work the way they are supposed to, I think we'll be alright.

Not all rumors are worth listening to.

The logo is a typeface based on for now - as it's more important to focus on the features etc. When we get there we can/will discuss things further.

This is still a work in progress. Can't say that enough.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 2.16.29 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 2.16.29 PM.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 143
I don't understand the new logo. Looks like a stock image representing "Refresh".

Yea, I thought the same thing.
Maybe if the outer ring was flat on the left side, then ... maybe it would look like DG ???

The accessibility on the profiles is much more user friendly on mobile, it's nice to click on someone and see their activity so clearly. Also it's nice to have your friends in your feed. Haha a lot of this is probably on the desktop but since I spend more time sitting on my toilet than sitting at my computer I've missed it. ��

I think if the groups are kept front and center on that bar they would get more use. Everything looks sleeker, more user friendly and more last decade than last millennium.

The accessibility on the profiles is much more user friendly on mobile, it's nice to click on someone and see their activity so clearly. Also it's nice to have your friends in your feed. Haha a lot of this is probably on the desktop but since I spend more time sitting on my toilet than sitting at my computer I've missed it. ��

I think if the groups are kept front and center on that bar they would get more use. Everything looks sleeker, more user friendly and more last decade than last millennium.

Wait....you bring your phone into the john?? I am kind of new to the cell phone world, I cannot imagine this is a thing? :gross::gross::sick:

Yeah - I do agree that some features of the current site are probably unnecessary (don't get enough use to be worth keeping around). Maybe the staff can conduct some polls after the new site goes live?

And agree about the logo too. I do think it would be nice to keep the current logo personally. But not a big deal either.

There are some great features that really modernize the site. Adding a course pic to each of the top 25 courses is a great touch. Some of the other aspects seemed incomplete. Would like to see a rolling top 25 list incorporated to encourage new reviews.

Now I know I'm not the only DGCR Throne reader, where I do the majority of my Disc reading on the phone. Maybe we should start a new thread "Throne DGCR Topic of the Day" for Throne users only ;).

Wait....you bring your phone into the john?? I am kind of new to the cell phone world, I cannot imagine this is a thing? :gross::gross::sick:

Everybody is doing it, just do it.

80% of all posts on this site are from people taking a dump.

At least 80% of my DGCR reading is during Throne business offline. I've never made a post doing business online, gotta have some modesty :).

Do any of you site owners plan to address your current no growth situation by toning down the guest experience with the wild 1990 style pop up advertising or are you just locking in the 86 or so active people who post here into a cheaper hosting platform?

Now I know I'm not the only DGCR Throne reader, where I do the majority of my Disc reading on the phone. Maybe we should start a new thread "Throne DGCR Topic of the Day" for Throne users only ;).

Everybody is doing it, just do it.

At least 80% of my DGCR reading is during Throne business offline. I've never made a post doing business online, gotta have some modesty :).

Haha don't forget about people hiding from work in the can.

My wife got me a title in Scotland one of those 1mx1m pieces, I am now Lord Michael .. I hung it in my bathroom, so it is a true "throne room".

I renamed my John, Jim.... so I can say I went to the gym twice today..

As long as I'm able to exclude already played courses and read and write reviews I'll be ok with rest I'm sure.

When greens sent me the link I checked it out at work quick then kinda forgot about it. I think I was churning out a bunch of reviews while they were still fresh in my memory at the time.