• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Welcome to the next generation of DGCourseReview

What does it take to become a "Well-known member"?

I think these are the old criteria since Diamond was changed to 250 Uniques as well as all of the lower level TR quals. Also the post that is referenced is from 2009. There used to be a definitive list under FAQs.

Plus, there was once an explanation of the percentage of Helpful to Total votes needed, but that is also missing. Question: Is this percentage still in effect in the New DGCR?

Is TimG around anywhere?
I'd assume the numbers and formula stayed the same. I know Diamond was 250+, I don't recall the others. There was also a percentage to account for which is probably in one of my old posts but I don't know it off the top of my head.

I'd assume the numbers and formula stayed the same. I know Diamond was 250+, I don't recall the others. There was also a percentage to account for which is probably in one of my old posts but I don't know it off the top of my head.
I'm pretty sure that the percentage was also in the Old FAQs.

Last edited:
Smooth, I like the coloring and logo. Is there still the course tracker on all the courses you've played? I loved that feature where you could track all the courses you've played.

Smooth, I like the coloring and logo. Is there still the course tracker on all the courses you've played? I loved that feature where you could track all the courses you've played.
yes, the icons for played, wishlisted, favorited are still on each course page, they just look a little different. you can still see your lists in your profile page, the layout is just different now.

yes, the icons for played, wishlisted, favorited are still on each course page, they just look a little different. you can still see your lists in your profile page, the layout is just different now.
Nice, took me a minute but found it. Really like this new layout. Thank you.

Added my first course with the new layout and pictures.

I found it pretty easy to add the course, I even noticed I had a typo in the name and was able to fix it instead of contacting TimG. (yea, I have done it before)

On adding hole par's and distances, this section is even harder than the old. It was a pain to be honest.

On adding media, this I loved much better. As the person who has added more photo's to this site than anyone other than TimG, I was very happy I didn't have to resize them and could upload them as a group and they stayed in order. (with the old, I had to add them one at a time to the list because when I added a group, it would mix them up)

I also think putting the data on the photo's was easier.

Now I have pictures for nearly 100 courses because I am WAY behind. But first, I have several courses to add.

Not a big deal, but something's messed up with the joined date shown on forum posts. On this page alone, both Olorin and Fritz show as having joined the site before it was launched.

Not a big deal, but something's messed up with the joined date shown on forum posts. On this page alone, both Olorin and Fritz show as having joined the site before it was launched.
This would because they were members of DGR and used a shared account (merged) during the update.

This would because they were members of DGR and used a shared account (merged) during the update.
I had a dgr account, but it didn't merge. I know timg archived a lot of dgr. Wasn't three put "working stiff" on dgr? If I remember right dgr and dgcr didn't get along to well in the beginning of dgcr. I guess I'm just confused how it "merged" when they were technically seperate accounts

It's not a huge deal, just doesn't make sense

I had a dgr account, but it didn't merge. I know timg archived a lot of dgr.

I guess I'm just confused how it "merged" when they were technically seperate accounts

It's not a huge deal, just doesn't make sense
Tim acquired DGR when Blake T could no longer maintain it. I think it was called a "mirror"?

Did all of the DGR archives transfer over here too, and if so, where do we find DGR? There is TONS of valuable info there, including a Dave Dunipace "Distance Secrets" article that I edited.

It is interesting to see Fritz's join date as 2005, which was 2 years before DGCR started.

Tim acquired DGR when Blake T could no longer maintain it. I think it was called a "mirror"?

Did all of the DGR archives transfer over here too, and if so, where do we find DGR? There is TONS of valuable info there, including a Dave Dunipace "Distance Secrets" article that I edited.
You can find dgr threads by going back to the beginning of the threads when you search. You can't get all of them in a row because they are arranged by the most recent post.

There are some that were started on dgr and are showing posts after 2017. If Tim acquired dgr in 2015 ish how is this possible.

I also got the impression that Tim just archived a lot of the useful information for us to read through. I don't remember there being any talk about merging dgr and dgcr together.

I just discovered the DGR Archive at the bottom of the Forums main page.

Sadly, it looks like the links to the DGR articles didn't get transferred over. (That means that a throwing technique article that I had on there is gone too.) I miss seeing the old DGR interface with Blake's cool logo!

Greens, do I understand this to mean that you went back and merged DGR users into DGCR?